12. Ben Smith
13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange:
14. Kevin Kingston
15. Feleti Mateo
17. Tim Mannah
19. Joe Galuvao

Quote:
DANIEL Mortimer has been named in the Parramatta team to play Canterbury for Friday night’s preliminary final at Homebush, despite a badly bruised hip.
Eels coach Daniel Anderson named the rookie to start at five-eighth despite Mortimer on Monday telling media he would not test the injury until Wednesday or Thursday.
Mortimer said he was having physiotherapy and was frequently applying ice to the hip in a bid to be fit.

``I’m a quick healer so I could see myself out there but it’s up to the doctors and physio to make the decision,’’ he said on Monday.
``It’s about whether I can get full movement and speed out of it.
``If it’s about pain, then I can take a few painkillers.’’
http://parramatta-advertiser.whereil...ulldogs-clash/

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope they all die.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Target Grothe's wing with backline plays and bombs, limit their offloads and have a great kick chase against Hayne.

You need to do that sort of stuff in lots of games but especially this one considering the danger players they have and the form they are in. Hopefully we pay as much attention to detail to slowing down the play the ball and defensive intensity as we did against Newcastle. If we do we'll go a long, long way towards winning.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
I'm so exciteddd!!!!!
& x 2 with what KE said =D

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Puree their brains.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, when this team plays as a team - they are VERY hard to beat.

Every one of them, they have a lot of fringe names, but just like us they can be unstoppable.

With that said, the Bulldogs are another team who are absolutely unstoppable from Full back to the last bench man, when playing as a team.

However we have an edge - Consistency, experience and class all over.

If we rock up as a team and put in our best performance - I promise we will crush this team.

This game will be won in the first 20-30 minutes of the game. We win that first half, we win the game ;)

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Only a couple of things worry me about Parra. Phenomenal speed of their play the ball (which gives them momentum and the chance to offload) and their goal line defence of late. If we can slow the play the ball down, we can limit their momentum and in turn they will make mistakes. We need to be really crisp in attack on their line and get them guessing. Titans didn't throw much at them at all!!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I'm absolutely sh!tting myself. I haven't slept properly since Sunday night.

On paper we should own them. On the field, if they bring their A game, it will be a tough one. I have a feeling they are pretty busted though. I don't think Dan M will play, and if he does he will not last the match. I saw him last night on Foxsports and he was standing on one leg (well favouring one anyway). He was not putting any weight on the injured side from what I could see. I also read in the paper today that he was seen grimacing and in obvious pain while walking up some stairs at Parramatta Stadium.

Dogs by 12! FIRE UP!

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
Just go for mortimers ribs and hopefully he gets injuried. But seriouly it will be a hard game and if we can put a couple of early tries on them we should be able to tame them

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This game will be won in the first 20-30 minutes of the game. We win that first half, we win the game ;)
You can say the same thing for every game but i's obviously ultra important this week.

Especially considering I can't really remember too many times during this run of Parra's where they've been down early on. They got off to great starts or were first to score against Melbourne, Us, Cronulla, Newcastle, NZ, Penrith, Saints in week one of the final and last week against the Titans.

We haven't really seen them fight back from a deficit yet. They're great front runners as when they have a lead they really show no mercy, gain more confidence in attack and their strike players are more dangerous because everyone is throwing the ball around more. If we can get the jump on them early we'll really see what Parra are made of.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I'm still crapping myself. My blood pressure is going through the bloody roof! Bloody Bulldogs!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im supprised Mortimer is named. suppose he has 3 days to see how he feels

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In all seriousness if Hayne and Hindmarsh's names were missing from the list they have a very ordinary team.
Thats why if we put in a solid TEAM effort and nullify their 2 best players we will win this game.

ps: I dont think Mortimer will start, if he does then it will be in our favour.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I am starting to get the same feeling as the Panthers preliminary game in 04!
fire up dogs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.