Ea$y Ca$h

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Squiz Ninja

NRL throw financial muscle behind promotion of Monday night games

March 27, 2010

The NRL will pay clubs $40,000 for hosting Monday night matches in a move designed to help increase attendances for the final game of the weekly round.

The $1 million investment was announced on Saturday, and the NRL said the money will be used to support promotion of matches and offset some of the challenges clubs face attracting crowds for the fixtures.

"Monday Night Football has become an important part of the week for all fans but there is no doubt that it presents some challenges at times in terms of scheduling for clubs,'' said NRL chief executive David Gallop in a statement.

"Monday night attracts a different fan base from some of our other timeslots and, while the crowds have been encouraging, we have always recognised that it is a long term proposition to consistently deliver crowd averages as strong as those on Friday night, Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

"The extra investment in Monday night football is a reminder of the commitment we have to the timeslot and to the clubs who play such a role in its success.''
Monday night matches are a pain in the ass, but $40k per match would be a good incentive... Host say 4 per year and its a nice $160k bonus.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
reduces prices on monday, 2 for 1 sales also is a possibility

imo if its GA it should be $15 for adult/$10 for kids/$40 family ticket

might get more people to the game

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
scrap mnf all together and put it as a sunday afternoon game.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Monday night football is sh1t, I dont care how much money they spend to make it work.
Do they really think they can buy a victory when its a sh1t idea?

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
I thought the clubs don't get a choice in what day they play, they can only choose what they prefer but the NRL/ch9/fox choose the day.

S

Squiz Ninja

I'd move the Monday night match as well, except I'd move it to Sunday night instead of Sunday afternoon, as Sunday arvi already has 2 games.

I'd also re-arrange the Friday night matches to 6.30 & 8.30, so both games can be shown live.

My Line-up:

Fri - 6.30pm
Fri - 8.30pm
Sat - 3.30pm
Sat - 5.30pm
Sat - 7.30pm
Sun - 2.00pm
Sun - 4.00pm
Sun - 6.00pm

No games overlapping so ALL matches could be shown L-I-V-E :grinning:

TAHU

Captain
Reaction score
I'd move the Monday night match as well, except I'd move it to Sunday night instead of Sunday afternoon, as Sunday arvi already has 2 games.

I'd also re-arrange the Friday night matches to 6.30 & 8.30, so both games can be shown live.

My Line-up:

Fri - 6.30pm
Fri - 8.30pm
Sat - 3.30pm
Sat - 5.30pm
Sat - 7.30pm
Sun - 2.00pm
Sun - 4.00pm
Sun - 6.00pm

No games overlapping so ALL matches could be shown L-I-V-E :grinning:
3:30 on a saturday clashes with junior rugby league matches. 5:30 is the best time to start on a saturday

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
mnf is a ****ing briliant idea its one of our main advantages over afl in the battle for future tv revenue which is the lifeblood of the nrl and all the teams, its all well and good to say it should be moved to sunday but it makes absolutely no sense in the scheme of tv ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.