Dymock

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the Gus hates sook about Jimmy coming back as an assistant? Wouldn’t mind him back on the coaching staff. Hopefully there’s more to this.
I don’t understand this sentence? Do you mean Gus haters?

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Political signing, bulldogs people typically like jimmy. Whilst I get people getting bit warm and fuzy about Jimmy, reality is he’s a career journeyman assistant with a v mixed bag of sucess. Im really not convinced this can help improve us at all.

Disclaimer: this i just an opinion. Please dont abuse me as it is starting to take its toll on my mental health
I was of the understanding that he was also very good at mentoring/managing the islander boys, which, as it has transpired, has been an issue for the club in 2023.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Political signing, bulldogs people typically like jimmy. Whilst I get people getting bit warm and fuzy about Jimmy, reality is he’s a career journeyman assistant with a v mixed bag of sucess. Im really not convinced this can help improve us at all.

Disclaimer: this i just an opinion. Please dont abuse me as it is starting to take its toll on my mental health
Have to give you one thing, even though Nasheed makes more sense than you, you are a relentless SOB.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Probably more to connect with Polynesian boys which can't be a bad thing.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably more to connect with Polynesian boys which can't be a bad thing.
Didnt we spend a whole lot of the pre season on “connection and culture” for these guys? Dunno what more dymock can do in that area. Think we just got a shit batch of them

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didnt we spend a whole lot of the pre season on “connection and culture” for these guys? Dunno what more dymock can do in that area. Think we just got a shit batch of them
That was like a school excursion lol.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No.

You wouldn't understand.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope.
Id say it was a case of the "connection and culture" was driven by non Polynesian staff, which probably rubbed off on the players the wrong way, and this was then exacerbated by the training regime that then got under the skin of afew, and then it was a case of players talking and revolting.

It seems like a snowball effect that needed to be handled and navigated better by CC and staff early but never did and spiralled out of control, affecting even the whites in the team.

Not making it racial. It's similar to Manly rainbow jersey fiasco where a group of players formed a unit and rebelled against the clubs direction and it was enough to derail the season.

There's one thing to have 1 or 2 bad apples, but if you let it spread to 5 or 6, you're in trouble.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see JT and Dymock as assistants next year. JT from a tactical perspective, and Dymock driving the work ethic, standards, and toughness of the team. Im a massive fan of Mick Potter, but I believe he would do a much better job as head coach, rather than an assistant. Chad Randall to get the chop.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard dymock never has had ambitions to be head coach, he’s always enjoyed being assistant (less stress and expectations)
He was mean to be head coach then we signed Hasler and he said he was happy to Learn by memory and openly came out saying he wanted the job before handler was even flicked then again at CRONULLA

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was supposed to be a coach back in the pay era, not sure what happened if Pay beat him out or another coach poached him? Will be great to see him back in the fold.
He spat at the club because they picked pay over him despite being next in line