Dymock Delivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kleb

ya ayrr
Reaction score
dymock even got david stagg who hasnt passed a ball since 1912 tryna put people into holes and playing like he did at brisbane.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
One win doesnt make a season

For example every one got all excited after beating the Titans and look what happened
the difference in the titans game is that they had a sh!tload of opportunities to score but they bodged it where teams like the storm or broncos wouldve killed us. in THIS game we never gave up (un-like previous games) and thats what matters. win, lose or draw im proud of how they played. im not a psychic and i dont know how theyll go in matches to come, but its a step in the right direction.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think people are getting carried away. When we win people go overboard and when we lose people go even more overboard.
I dont see people going overboard. Nobody is calling Dymock the Messiah yet. What I see is some fans who are happy and relieved to see us get up and show some guts and win. After losing 7 from our last 9, we are delighted to see wins when they come around.

Happy to see somethng different with our attack, and some balls in our defence. Happy to see us play well in the wet for a change too. And vs a team playing for thier season at home. It was a top win considering.

Whether we make the 8 from here or not doesnt take away from the win.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Never been this satisfied after a win, since beating Manly in Round 1 2009, and winning the comp back in 04. I'm on cloud 9.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Never been this satisfied after a win, since beating Manly in Round 1 2009, and winning the comp back in 04. I'm on cloud 9.
x2

Let's take one game at a time and not get carried away. Next test against the Chooks at SFS

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What a game, how good does it feel to cheer again boys! Wooooohoooooo

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs of War are back
D was amazing tonight

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our defence was what won us this tough game. we need to build on this
building on the performance form tonight will be key against the roosters there players have a lot more attack in them

G

Gladiator.

I think our defense could still use some work, at points we were conceding 40+ meters. Scramble defense and goal line defense was beyond exceptional I still think we need to get our general defense up to scratch. I noticed the boys run up and stop 1/2 way, sort of waiting for them to run to us. We should be in their face. Nonetheless a satisfying win.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think our defense could still use some work, at points we were conceding 40+ meters. Scramble defense and goal line defense was beyond exceptional I still think we need to get our general defense up to scratch. I noticed the boys run up and stop 1/2 way, sort of waiting for them to run to us. We should be in their face. Nonetheless a satisfying win.
the defense at the end of the 80 and in golden point was awesome!! players from marker were getting pressure onto the ball player and the line was up quick esp frank pritchard who was looking for solid contact on every attempt

G

Gladiator.

When lifted we were exceptional, but I think we need to be more consistent in defense, more in their face in general play.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
stop dreaming we were very lucky to win tonight
We made our own luck, when defence was needed, defence was there. In attack we could of done it easier but that should come soon, I thought they were pretty tough really.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol to anyone not satisfied with that win. Dont forget it was the Eels grand final and they were at home, and the conditions were awful and our previous wet form this year was terrible. The conditions and desperation of both teams kept the score low. I really liked that we played pumped and with more skill than we have been. I hope we can back it up from here.
I believe that this was our home game, Mr Nascious.:p

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At last some recognition that they need to improve on their defence. Jimmy is reported that he concentrated on their defence this week because that was in need of vast improvement to get the dogs back to their traditional winning style. Couldn't agree more which demonstrates that the defensive problem rested with Moore. It was good to see the defence moving up and the markers putting pressure on after the play the ball. If Jimmy keeps up the improvement he should be rewarded with a permanent head coach position. Then we should get Dean Pay as assistant and what a re-uniting of a former winning doggies partnership that might be.h

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If thats the change working one week with the Dogs in defence does, god help other sides when he works on our attack for a month :D

Status
Not open for further replies.