DWZ consolidated thread

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Joey is on a pretty big contract himself. Would defeat the purpose of Dallin going.
Yeah if that’s the case it wouldn’t work. I just don’t want to offload Dal that bad that we pay half of his salary. Especially if it’s what is recently reported.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think Joey is on a pretty big contract himself. Would defeat the purpose of Dallin going.
Leilua off contract after this year unless the Tigers take up their CO (club option) which is not happening. So there's a world (that's also not going to happen) where we take Leilua for the rest of the year and the Tigers take DWZ for the remainder of this year + next year.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully a forward like thomas mikaele who is off contract might be good for us for the swap. Always playing limited minutes. Just
Hope its not cheeks- ham or that musgrove. Or worst case… Russell Packer

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Leilua off contract after this year unless the Tigers take up their CO (club option) which is not happening. So there's a world (that's also not going to happen) where we take Leilua for the rest of the year and the Tigers take DWZ for the remainder of this year + next year.
Copy, didn’t realise he was off at end of season ! Which would be ok.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye.. Played hooker in a g/f.... *evil laugh*

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we were to get JB Leilua for the remainder of 2021, why not try him at prop, he is a player that I think has the ability but like Napa dosen't have ago.
It also might help us get his brother later on.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Started at $550k, then last week it was $800k, now it’s $850k.

Must be one of those back-end deals everyone talks about where the price goes up every week.
But if he does go to another club, they will end up saying we only have $300k to spend. They have funny maths in the media world.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dwz confirmed that some of the speculation by the media is true, and some is total bullshit, I’m assuming the figures maybe… but doesn’t want to leave dogs, he loves the club

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck I don’t know, if it wasn’t for the huge contract I’d love to keep him. He makes some dumb errors but he wears his heart on his sleeve and is obviously a good clubman/leader given his captaincy of kiwis....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it’s all fallen over

The Wests Tigers have pounced on winger Ken Maumalo who has agreed to a lengthy deal to join the Tigers immediately.

The Warriors only gave Maumalo permission to negotiate with rival clubs this week but the Tigers have moved quickly to snap him up.

Mauomolo told his Warriors teammates of the move at training on Saturday morning.

The Tigers had been in discussions with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and were close to agreeing to a deal which would have seen the Canterbury fullback link with New Zealand coach Michael Maguire at the Tigers.

But when the parties were unable to agree to a long-term deal, the Tigers shifted their focus to Maumalo who suddenly appeared on the player market.

The Tigers only wanted to offer Watene-Zelezniak a 1.5 year contract – the same length he is on at the Bulldogs. He is on a deal worth about $850,000 next season.

Negotiations stalled for season 2023.

Maumalo’s manager only wrote to clubs late last week to tell them the 26-year-old was open to a move.

The deal is understood to be for the next 3.5 years. Maumalo has not played since round 10 after playing the opening 10 matches of the year. Maumalo has scored 41 tries from 105 games. Maumalo and David Fusitu’a were once staples on the Warriors flank but both have struggled this season.

Englishman Oliver Gildart will join the Tigers next year as they make impressive additions to their outside backs.

Maumalo could be available for the Tigers clash against the Storm next Saturday.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like it’s all fallen over

The Wests Tigers have pounced on winger Ken Maumalo who has agreed to a lengthy deal to join the Tigers immediately.

The Warriors only gave Maumalo permission to negotiate with rival clubs this week but the Tigers have moved quickly to snap him up.

Mauomolo told his Warriors teammates of the move at training on Saturday morning.

The Tigers had been in discussions with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and were close to agreeing to a deal which would have seen the Canterbury fullback link with New Zealand coach Michael Maguire at the Tigers.

But when the parties were unable to agree to a long-term deal, the Tigers shifted their focus to Maumalo who suddenly appeared on the player market.

The Tigers only wanted to offer Watene-Zelezniak a 1.5 year contract – the same length he is on at the Bulldogs. He is on a deal worth about $850,000 next season.

Negotiations stalled for season 2023.

Maumalo’s manager only wrote to clubs late last week to tell them the 26-year-old was open to a move.

The deal is understood to be for the next 3.5 years. Maumalo has not played since round 10 after playing the opening 10 matches of the year. Maumalo has scored 41 tries from 105 games. Maumalo and David Fusitu’a were once staples on the Warriors flank but both have struggled this season.

Englishman Oliver Gildart will join the Tigers next year as they make impressive additions to their outside backs.

Maumalo could be available for the Tigers clash against the Storm next Saturday.

Yep I just seen that. Looks like we will have the worlds highest paid winger on our books next year now

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep I just seen that. Looks like we will have the worlds highest paid winger on our books next year now
Not really. Think it means we will persist with Dwz for next year at fullback and ends any hope or dufty.

Jac and cotric are our wingers. Unless Jac and Dwz switch.

Allen naden centres.

Year after I’d say Dwz is gone and maybe our young gun centre is able and ready to partner naden in centre’s then.

If this is how it is so be it.

Get Brandon sorted. Shouldn’t even be discussed any Fucking more. He has been the priority all along. Our 9 slots is fucking garbage and has been for 5 years. We need this sorted ASAP for both our forwards and backs service to burto and Jac and cotric etc. there is no one remotely close. With him we are a top 8 team and so much more attractive. Without we aren’t really an 8 team again. He is worth the $ and as others said not only helps get other players going yeh Jac cotric burton Brandon etc… he also helps marketing him and Jac and burton will be huge for us off field.

Get it done!

Number 2 a big bopper like Taupau.

I’d also sniff at Shaun Johnson if Flanagan isn’t going to be given time. Someone will take flano.