Dumped Panther Wade Graham wants a release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There has been a problem with the panthers all last year (with Pritchard) and now this dude. They have not bought anybody of note either. Did they pay that much overs for Petero that they do not have anything left

X

XxFoVoSxX

Fair that you say that but In Grahams situation where I'm pretty sure he was told he would be the 5/8 the next year, he got excited and from reports, played reasonably well, puts TAFE on hold and then gets over looked for a 2nd rower and fullback playing in the halves. I know how I'd feel..
how should craig wing feel considering he went from the roosters to rabbits to play specifically in the halves?

you dont see him asking for a release nor is he in the papers biitching about the situation...

john sutton is a second rower yet got the nod over craig wing...

not a fair excuse imo not only that the guy is 18years old and thinks he is god.. he has plenty of time to shine.. patience is a virtue in these situations.. your time will come

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how should craig wing feel considering he went from the roosters to rabbits to play specifically in the halves?

you dont see him asking for a release nor is he in the papers biitching about the situation...

john sutton is a second rower yet got the nod over craig wing...

not a fair excuse imo not only that the guy is 18years old and thinks he is god.. he has plenty of time to shine.. patience is a virtue in these situations.. your time will come
That's different, champ.

Craig Wing enjoyed Hooker but saw the club needed a halfback so put his hand up. They're moving him to lock so he still has that freedom to ball-play and such just not at the scrum.

Also, Craig Wing is experienced and can play great in many positions and when he was told he was going to be in the 17, his coach didn't change that.

Matthew Elliot has and this kid put TAFE on hold thinking he was NRL bound and Matt Elliot didn't give him the nod. Pretty poor coaching. Your number 1 priority is too make sure your players are happy and your keeping your word.

Also, On the Rabbits. Sandow and Sutton played terrific so you can't chuck Wing in there, where as Penrith played poorly and Sammut+Lewis= Wade Graham is better.

hth

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Bloody Players believing there own hype...why the impatience ???
I blame the manager !

Constantly in his ear about what he 'could' be worth ...... if a,b and c fall into place !

These player managers have NO accountability ! And are only chasing their own percentage cut ! If it takes some ego-boosting and blatant lies about potential and ability, then so be it ! As long as they get their slice of the contract !

X

XxFoVoSxX

That's different, champ.

Craig Wing enjoyed Hooker but saw the club needed a halfback so put his hand up. They're moving him to lock so he still has that freedom to ball-play and such just not at the scrum.

Also, Craig Wing is experienced and can play great in many positions and when he was told he was going to be in the 17, his coach didn't change that.

Matthew Elliot has and this kid put TAFE on hold thinking he was NRL bound and Matt Elliot didn't give him the nod. Pretty poor coaching. Your number 1 priority is too make sure your players are happy and your keeping your word.

Also, On the Rabbits. Sandow and Sutton played terrific so you can't chuck Wing in there, where as Penrith played poorly and Sammut+Lewis= Wade Graham is better.

hth

good point indeed and i agree

as for the tafe thing tbh i had no idea about that lmao :o
We all know as far as elliots coaching goes its piss poor. He's released how many seniors from the team to exactly? Ive lost count tbh and its not like i care anyways i just dont see why players should sook over these kind of things.. especially an 18year old.. time is on his side and theres more to learn.. im pretty sure thats something we can both agree on...

as far as elliot is concerned.. his ego always got the better of him

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bottom line is: regardless of any circumstances, promises or poor choices by the coach Graham has to be a man, put his head down and wait for his opportunity, not pout, whinge and carry on in Rounds 1 and 2!

Plenty of opportunities may come throughout a season but if I were Elliot he would move right down my pecking order for a while with petulant outbursts like these.

I don't care about his talent etc, with a dreadful attitude like this he won't be a half decent player anytime soon.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brandy gave him and his manager a MASSIVE serve on the radio lol it was great.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
P**s off then Graham...you may be a half decent player, but your f**ken arrogance is not wanted at Penrith ...I speak on my behalf of course hehe

Can you believe this 10 yr old sook?? Positons are earnt not handed down on a plate because the media think you are the next superstar.

You have done nothing to prove and validate the hype. Take it like a man and show your worth.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
First he has a whinge coz he didn't make the FG team now he wants out

Graham should HTFU.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
P**s off then Graham...you may be a half decent player, but your f**ken arrogance is not wanted at Penrith ...I speak on my behalf of course hehe

Can you believe this 10 yr old sook?? Positons are earnt not handed down on a plate because the media think you are the next superstar.

You have done nothing to prove and validate the hype. Take it like a man and show your worth.
Good to see a Panthers mans view on it. (didnt expect much different) ;)

And good on Brandy dishing it out to him

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahahaha sucked in....Penrith badly need a change in coach and management. They got know balls!

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree that players need to earn their spots but I'm pretty sure he played well in the trials. Speaking of players earning their spots..what did Sammut and Lewis do right to exactly earn their spots in the halves, let alone FG? that's how bad they performed on the weekend.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that players need to earn their spots but I'm pretty sure he played well in the trials. Speaking of players earning their spots..what did Sammut and Lewis do right to exactly earn their spots in the halves, let alone FG? that's how bad they performed on the weekend.
Played well in trials? I don't think that would be a reason why to put him in the top grade.

Contrary to public opinion, Lewis has done an amazing job in his makeshift role. Admittedly, he is not a 5/8, but he has played well throughout last season. Might need some work on his kicking skills though.

Are you saying that Lewis and Sammut doesn't deserve to make it through to round two given their performances last week? So are we going to chop and change our squad depending on whether we win or lose the week before?

I personally would like to see Graham and Walsh as our halves, but I would be prepared to give Lewis and Sammut a shot at redeeming themselves this week.

Plus, Graham need not act like a kid because he didnt get what he wanted.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
None of that excuses or justifies a petulant 18 year old carrying one after not getting named in Round 1 and wanted a release after not getting named in Round 2.

There is no excusing poor attitude and seeking the easy way out as an 18 year old who thinks the world is owed to him after he has played just a handful of NRL games and we are only just over 1 week into a new season.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the Under 20's comp is partially to blame. Seems like players are skipping NSW Cup altogether and think that NRL is the next step straight after NYC.

They dont want to play NSW Cup - they want to play for the Bulldogs or Panthers or whoever - not Bankstown City Bulls, Windsor Wolves etc.

I think the NRL really needs to work with the NSWRL and QRL and fix the shimozzle that is the inbetween. Until this happens we will keep getting spoilt little kids going straight to fame.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the Under 20's comp is partially to blame. Seems like players are skipping NSW Cup altogether and think that NRL is the next step straight after NYC.

They dont want to play NSW Cup - they want to play for the Bulldogs or Panthers or whoever - not Bankstown City Bulls, Windsor Wolves etc.

I think the NRL really needs to work with the NSWRL and QRL and fix the shimozzle that is the inbetween. Until this happens we will keep getting spoilt little kids going straight to fame.
Yep. Very well said Mitch and I agree. I've been saying the same and more ever since the NRL decided to go with the NYC.

Still, it is only partially to blame and arrogant, petulant kids like Graham should be exposed for the ingrates that they are.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If he was playing in NSW Cup he'd have some hard old bastards putting him in his place.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
None of that excuses or justifies a petulant 18 year old carrying one after not getting named in Round 1 and wanted a release after not getting named in Round 2.

There is no excusing poor attitude and seeking the easy way out as an 18 year old who thinks the world is owed to him after he has played just a handful of NRL games and we are only just over 1 week into a new season.
I agree ben, how can anyone even defend him? It's disgraceful attitude tbh, I defintely wouldn't want someone like that at my club.

FFS, You'd think he was some established star who got dropped.... he's played one or two first grade games and thinks he should be an automatic selection... pathetic.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol if he's such a sook now...how much worse will he be if he becomes a superstar? End up at the Roosters on a 1mil paycheck with some lame arse excuse?

This kid shouldn't be cut, but shouldn't see FG till he grows a brain.

oh and elliot is a retarded coach, panthers have discontent throughout the team, they wont be getting anywhere

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good point indeed and i agree

as for the tafe thing tbh i had no idea about that lmao :o
We all know as far as elliots coaching goes its piss poor. He's released how many seniors from the team to exactly? Ive lost count tbh and its not like i care anyways i just dont see why players should sook over these kind of things.. especially an 18year old.. time is on his side and theres more to learn.. im pretty sure thats something we can both agree on...

as far as elliot is concerned.. his ego always got the better of him
Yes we can. I think he is being a little impatient but I can understand his fustration. Ben also brings up a good point.

He shouldn't be rushing anything anyway, after all it is round 2. If it was say round 10, the Panthers are really struggling and the halves arn't doing a thing then fair enough but as bad as a coach as Elliot may be, the pressure on him must be so tense that I'm surprised the guy hasn't fled the club to coach a team in France...

Status
Not open for further replies.