Dumb Dogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So the coach is telling the world Topine and Morrin are no good and can't get a game in front of a fumbling tall winger who failed in the forwards years ago and they had to put him to wing.
I just think its wrong. They deserve their chance over a failed winger who they are transitioning to the forwards in first grade of all places.
If I were CC, I'd work on one problem at a time. First problem is dropping flamingo. I'd love to have KO in asap but that's not the right move for anyone YET.

As much as this disgusts me, I'd move Avo to HB and have Skelton and Kiraz combo on the wing.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you are having a go at me I didnt single out Oki. I was questioning Ciro saying he had a great game and one of our best.
He played for 25 mins and made 4 runs for 18 metres with 18 tackles and one miss. I didnt say he was useless as was replied to me by Doogie.

Obviously good on him if he does the job he is asked to do.

My complaint is being picked in the first place in preference to Topine, Morrin even Billy and theres Tanner sitting dwiddling his thumbs on the bench.

My post was about not finding sense in Ciro's decision.
The answer is pretty simple CC obviously believes he can get more out of Jayden than he can out of the others you have mentioned in our current situation. How many of the players you mentioned have more first grade experience than Jayden in any position?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
So the coach is telling the world Topine and Morrin are no good and can't get a game in front of a fumbling tall winger who failed in the forwards years ago and they had to put him to wing.
I just think its wrong. They deserve their chance over a failed winger who they are transitioning to the forwards in first grade of all places.
Sure. You attend every training session and get all feedback from lower grades and sees what Ciraldo sees. Ok. After he played ok.

If your wasting O2 on oki rather than the Flannos of this world - your choice.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The answer is pretty simple CC obviously believes he can get more out of Jayden than he can out of the others you have mentioned in our current situation. How many of the players you mentioned have more first grade experience than Jayden in any position?
I was legit going to ask who the fk is Jayden, then realised it's Knockonmor

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If I were CC, I'd work on one problem at a time. First problem is dropping flamingo. I'd love to have KO in asap but that's not the right move for anyone YET.

As much as this disgusts me, I'd move Avo to HB and have Skelton and Kiraz combo on the wing.
I cant see Avo offering anything much more than Flanno and less defensively.

A big change up in the team but I'd see Perham as a better fit at 7 and Avo at 1. They are supposed to have iinterchanged positions thru pre season so maybe it could work.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I guess today was one of those "trips down the mine" that Gus spoke about at the season launch.....and there will probably be alot more this season

Yeah it frustrates the shit out of me that we lost today but one positive is that we didn't capitulate in the last 10 mins and end up losing by 20 points

Obvious we just don't have the grunt up front at the moment and are playing off the backfoot again, which makes it hard

I see Royce Hunt is off contract this year and he is the type of big bopper we need up front (as well as another big prop)

The real conundrum is Flanno. It's like playing with one hand tied behind your back as he just isn't an attacking threat at all in anything he does

But what's the answer?? It's already been spoken about at length on here and our options seem limited.

I wish BBO wasn't injured, he would have been a genuine option

Gus has often said he's playing the long game and it will take time to turn us around, but it will happen

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sure. You attend every training session and get all feedback from lower grades and sees what Ciraldo sees. Ok. After he played ok.

If your wasting O2 on oki rather than the Flannos of this world - your choice.
Of course. We are all just waffling on about our opinions. I didnt attend Barretts training sessions either.

I can do 2 things at once. Waste 02 on Oki being picked over Topine and find fault with Flanno as well. Its not hard.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I cant see Avo offering anything much more than Flanno and less defensively.

A big change up in the team but I'd see Perham as a better fit at 7 and Avo at 1. They are supposed to have iinterchanged positions thru pre season so maybe it could work.
Defence is definately a problem with Avo but Flamingos attack is a bigger problem.

Not only does he have no idea how to be a HB, he stops any little momentum we have when he touches the ball.

I wouldn't move Perham now. If he works on his passing game then he will do for this year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And he is the coach. Nothing I can do about it except have my own opinion about it :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Defence is definately a problem with Avo but Flamingos attack is a bigger problem.

Not only does he have no idea how to be a HB, he stops any little momentum we have when he touches the ball.

I wouldn't move Perham now. If he works on his passing game then he will do for this year.
Probably right but gee what a situation to be in. Basics still aren't right.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Prove me wrong.

I'm not even mad at CC, he isn't a miracle worker to transform 17 dumb fucks into a team.
One of the big issues today and I checked with a friend of mine to see if I was wrong and apparently I was not, was that we only played with 16 today and when Nu got injured - we only played with 15 for most of the game. Correct me please if I am wrong- but I have checked most of the threads and nobody is mentioning this- Tanner did not get on the field.
What happened?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I guess today was one of those "trips down the mine" that Gus spoke about at the season launch.....and there will probably be alot more this season

Yeah it frustrates the shit out of me that we lost today but one positive is that we didn't capitulate in the last 10 mins and end up losing by 20 points

Obvious we just don't have the grunt up front at the moment and are playing off the backfoot again, which makes it hard

I see Royce Hunt is off contract this year and he is the type of big bopper we need up front (as well as another big prop)

The real conundrum is Flanno. It's like playing with one hand tied behind your back as he just isn't an attacking threat at all in anything he does

But what's the answer?? It's already been spoken about at length on here and our options seem limited.

I wish BBO wasn't injured, he would have been a genuine option

Gus has often said he's playing the long game and it will take time to turn us around, but it will happen
Pretty clear its the steady long game with Ciro picking Oki for example and there's not much expectation of finals this year, just a slow build.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Prove me wrong.

I'm not even mad at CC, he isn't a miracle worker to transform 17 dumb fucks into a team.
Why isn’t anybody mentioning this. Our guys were gassed and we were one player down and he did not get onto the field. Have I missed something?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One of the big issues today and I checked with a friend of mine to see if I was wrong and apparently I was not, was that we only played with 16 today and when Nu got injured - we only played with 15 for most of the game. Correct me please if I am wrong- but I have checked most of the threads and nobody is mentioning this- Tanner did not get on the field.
What happened?
He never made the field my bro.

He shouldn't even be in FG but we are that thin...

PS this is the third week in a row where we only used 16 players, Knockonmor didn't play last week and Tanner didn't play in round 2.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Ducking hell @wendog33 i already explained to you exactly why Okenbor is on the Bench instead of a forward and it makes perfect sense.
It’s not even my opinion. It came from Gus’ mouth.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No that is not it at all.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty clear its the steady long game with Ciro picking Oki for example and there's not much expectation of finals this year, just a slow build.
Yep, definitely shows where we are at if Oki is coming off the bench as a forward. Our depth is severely stretched at the moment

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, definitely shows where we are at if Oki is coming off the bench as a forward. Our depth is severely stretched at the moment
For the 5th time… this isn’t it

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every game we play we have the 2nd best halfback on the field and that’s always going to be a massive advantage for the other team.

add to that the current front row shortage and it is like pushing shit uphill.
Ciraldo even admitted this yesterday. He was asked what the difference between the two sides was:

“Johnson”