DRAGONS SWAP ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
CHN and Dragons will hold more power in negotiations if CHN actually wants to leave. Obviously CHN for Lafai isn't a fair trade but it's that or no one (at least no one that we'd want). I already resigned that we'd lost CHN (and Okunbor) but I think CHN is valuable for us (his output for what he's on). I don't think we'd need him as much next year as we did this year.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Not that it's going to happen but
I'll take Saab and sailor for chn.

Seems fair
Yeah was wondering if we should go after Sailor he seems out of favour and behind Perera, Rava, lomax, duffty even Williame, doesn't look like he will see much game time over next 2 years. Could be a good recruit maybe a fullback or centre. God knows we don't need another winger.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Lafai was coming here regardless for morgan harper.
Can't believe we let Harper go! I guess Pay is gone but whoever else on recruitment let that happen needs to go! Was probably the same genius who let Reece Martin go. Can we throw money at Manly and Harper and get him back?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
CHN and Dragons will hold more power in negotiations if CHN actually wants to leave. Obviously CHN for Lafai isn't a fair trade but it's that or no one (at least no one that we'd want). I already resigned that we'd lost CHN (and Okunbor) but I think CHN is valuable for us (his output for what he's on). I don't think we'd need him as much next year as we did this year.
How so if he’s contracted to us?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They want chn they can give us McInnes or no deal
Wish you were in the clubs ear about this. Anything less then that. Or maybe lomax too is a huge loss from the club.

if we do lafai for Corey we are dead set drongos. Come on board. Strengthen the team if chn doesn’t want to stay. We have all the power here.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they got CHN they wouldn't really need McInnes anyway who'se now playing back row. CHN would be taking the same spot so I'm pretty sure they'd go for it. They need a better edge forward. We need a better hooker.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
McInnes wouldn't want to come to the Bulldogs. He is a Dragons man through and through, even if he was compelled to come it would be out of his love for the Dragons, same as Jimmy Graham did for us. Jimmy played his heart out over there, but he was never a dragon, and while he was there they didn't go great. Only way we should ever be hoping to see McInnes in blue and white is if he wants it, he certainly doesn't need to be here for a career opportunity, so why would he?

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
McInnes wouldn't want to come to the Bulldogs. He is a Dragons man through and through, even if he was compelled to come it would be out of his love for the Dragons, same as Jimmy Graham did for us. Jimmy played his heart out over there, but he was never a dragon, and while he was there they didn't go great. Only way we should ever be hoping to see McInnes in blue and white is if he wants it, he certainly doesn't need to be here for a career opportunity, so why would he?
I can see what you’re saying mate, but it would be more that he’s their current Captain than it is that he’s a Dragons man through and through - he’s a Souths junior isn’t he?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game is evolving, we need fast strong and skilful players.

Dufty, speed step good pass

Milford, best kicking game performance by anyone this year, had the ball on a string.
Speed, step and strong

Cotric, speed, step extra strong

ChN - must keep at all costs.

Walmsley, the UK s version of the brick with eyes.

Daryl Clark - amazing

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Milford, best kicking game performance by anyone this year, had the ball on a string.
Speed, step and strong

Daryl Clark - amazing
Agree with all except Milford needs a rocket up his ass...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd want McInness too but let's be honest, he's their captain and their best player. They won't give him up. I'd be happy with a few of their better prospects instead..

CHN for Jackson Ford and Sailor. Ford is a good young second rower who was one of the best players in CCup last year. He makes a tonne of tackles and metres and scored over a dozen tries.

It might not sound sexy but Ford could be a starting 2nd rower for a while and Sailor is a livewire fullback or utility.

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board better do at least this one thing as they have done nothing so far besides send us backwards. And play hard ball with chn. Chn is fuming I hear. Well if I was on the board I'll tell him listen hear dickhead you cost us a major sponsor I don't give a shit if you fuming. You shut your mouth and see out your contract till 2022 when it finishes. You don't like it no problem. Play nsw cup for the rest of your contract. Then good luck getting a contract elsewhere after that.

People might say he won't put in if his not happy. That won't be the case as he would like a contract after 2022. They fucked up with klemmer by reseleing him for free. Time to learn from your mistakes board and don't do the same mistake again. Chn is still contracted to us to till 2022 end of story. I'll be on the phone to him straight away saying see you tomorrow at training. Fuck this zoom meeting they are having.

We fucked up letting klemmer go without a player swap let's not do it again. No more Mr nice guy. Chn sees out his contract or it's a player swap for someone good simple. Not ohh I want a release and we say ok sir no worries. Fuck that.

Dragons want chn ok no worries give us mcinness or hunt. They say no ok no worries fuck off. Raiders say we want chn ok no worries give us cotric. They say no ok no worries fuck off.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I can see what you’re saying mate, but it would be more that he’s their current Captain than it is that he’s a Dragons man through and through - he’s a Souths junior isn’t he?
Yep, Souths junior from 2012 to 2016, went to Marist Bros Pagewood, captained the Souths NYC team and was their Best & Fairest. He left Souths when Cook and then Farah arrived, he knew he was screwed at Souths, plus StGeorge offered him $more. He is actually pretty smart, a good candidate for University scholarship outside the Cap. I think he's gettable, just needs the right package now and then post playing (maybe he wants to go to Harvard like Cronk).

Go Dogs

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Speed, step and strong

Daryl Clark - amazing
In an ideal world, yes. But I can’t see us signing these players unless we’ve locked a coach in

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd want McInness too but let's be honest, he's their captain and their best player. They won't give him up. I'd be happy with a few of their better prospects instead..

CHN for Jackson Ford and Sailor. Ford is a good young second rower who was one of the best players in CCup last year. He makes a tonne of tackles and metres and scored over a dozen tries.

It might not sound sexy but Ford could be a starting 2nd rower for a while and Sailor is a livewire fullback or utility.
I like Ford aswell, was going to throw his name up but it's tricky with Topine yet to see any game time

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
we have him contracted, we gave the power. We can make him dig on his seas til the end of next year if we want him too. Time to stop pandering to other clubs and selfish arsejoke players. This bell end cost us a major sponsor and should be champing at the bit to make it up to us. I have no desire to see him wearing our jersey again if he really blames the club for this and wants out.... but from a practical standpoint, he needs to stay until we line up a top quality trade option or signing with his money. Let the guy waste away in limbo if he wants to be a prick and refuse to play.