Dragons and Dogs in, Roosters out of Addin Fonua-Blake race amid new Warriors clause

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love it how every time an article is posted there's another thread.
Im shocked it wasn't dweeble who posted it tbh he's probably smashing one of his "dj records" as we speak
It amazes me how many people care!!! Personally, I don't want to scroll through 100 pages to read a new article. Surely it's up to mods to merge threads.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It amazes me how many people care!!! Personally, I don't want to scroll through 100 pages to read a new article. Surely it's up to mods to merge threads.
That is why I'm not a fan of multi-quote, which drives @Flanagun nuts!
It is a messy way of communication which leads to misunderstandings.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil Gould ups ante in race for Warriors prop Addin Fonua-Blake [emoji190]

Phil Gould has indicated the Bulldogs will enter the race for the signature of Warriors enforcer Addin Fonua-Blake.

The Canterbury general manager of football confirmed the club were on the hunt for an “experienced middle forward” following the decision to pull-out of a deal with veteran prop Siosiua Taukeiaho.

Fonua-Blake has requested a release from his contract at the Warriors for 2025 in order to return to Sydney for personal reasons.

The Dragons and Wests Tigers are also preparing to make a play for Fonua-Blake, widely considered one of the top-five props in the game.

Gould showered Fonua-Blake in praise when asked if the Dogs were interested in signing the hard-running prop.

Surprisingly, Gould also hinted that the Tongan International was preparing to also change his allegiance to the green and gold of Australia.

“Yeah, Addin is a quality player,’’ Gould told SEN radio.

“I spent a little bit of time with Addin at the Warriors and got to see him first-hand, he’s a quality player.

“He’s not cheap though. I’d imagine there’d be alot of interest in Addin.

“He’s got to return home to Australia for family reasons, which he’s working through with the Warriors.

“He’s going to spend another year in New Zealand, I believe he’s making himself available for Australia in 2025.

“There’ll be a lot of people lining up for his signature that’s for sure.’’

Gould added that the Dogs forward pack was short of quality forwards.

“I think everyone knows that and sees that,’’ Gould said.

“The problem is that there’s nothing really on the market to buy.

“We don’t want to rush out and just spend the money.

“We’ve probably got a little bit more than people see. We’ve got some young blokes there that didn’t play a lot of football this year, and they (fans) would feel a bit better if we’d seen them play.

“We’re certainly looking (across the market), we’ve got money available.

“We realise that’s (forward pack) an issue for us and we’re working towards it, but I think we’re a bit better placed than what the average person is looking at there.

“Internally we’re confident that we’ve got some bloke there that can get the job done for us. No doubt we’re looking for an experienced middle forward though.’’

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil Gould ups ante in race for Warriors prop Addin Fonua-Blake [emoji190]

Phil Gould has indicated the Bulldogs will enter the race for the signature of Warriors enforcer Addin Fonua-Blake.

The Canterbury general manager of football confirmed the club were on the hunt for an “experienced middle forward” following the decision to pull-out of a deal with veteran prop Siosiua Taukeiaho.

Fonua-Blake has requested a release from his contract at the Warriors for 2025 in order to return to Sydney for personal reasons.

The Dragons and Wests Tigers are also preparing to make a play for Fonua-Blake, widely considered one of the top-five props in the game.

Gould showered Fonua-Blake in praise when asked if the Dogs were interested in signing the hard-running prop.

Surprisingly, Gould also hinted that the Tongan International was preparing to also change his allegiance to the green and gold of Australia.

“Yeah, Addin is a quality player,’’ Gould told SEN radio.

“I spent a little bit of time with Addin at the Warriors and got to see him first-hand, he’s a quality player.

“He’s not cheap though. I’d imagine there’d be alot of interest in Addin.

“He’s got to return home to Australia for family reasons, which he’s working through with the Warriors.

“He’s going to spend another year in New Zealand, I believe he’s making himself available for Australia in 2025.

“There’ll be a lot of people lining up for his signature that’s for sure.’’

Gould added that the Dogs forward pack was short of quality forwards.

“I think everyone knows that and sees that,’’ Gould said.

“The problem is that there’s nothing really on the market to buy.There the ICP has it,

“We don’t want to rush out and just spend the money.

“We’ve probably got a little bit more than people see. We’ve got some young blokes there that didn’t play a lot of football this year, and they (fans) would feel a bit better if we’d seen them play.

“We’re certainly looking (across the market), we’ve got money available.

“We realise that’s (forward pack) an issue for us and we’re working towards it, but I think we’re a bit better placed than what the average person is looking at there.

“Internally we’re confident that we’ve got some bloke there that can get the job done for us. No doubt we’re looking for an experienced middle forward though.’’
@ICP Crew Gus acknowledged our forward pack can do with more starch.
Happy now?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're probably right.He hasn't been properly fit while.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No he isn't lol.
@TheSexDogs What a player gets paid and what the Roosters declare to the NRL are two different figures.

Tupouniua is 26. They have a heap of players off contract end of 2024 including JWH who is retiring, Suaalii who at this stage is leaving, Crichton uncertain and Keary uncertain.

They only have 26 in the top 30 currently.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters Top 30
Angus Crichton 2024
Billy Smith 2024
Brandon Smith 2024 PO
Connor Watson 2024 2025
Daniel Tupou 2024
Dominic Young 2024 2025 2026 2027
Egan Butcher 2024 2025
James Tedesco 2024 2025
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 2024
Joseph Manu 2024
Joseph Suaali'i 2024
Junior Pauga 2024 2025
Lindsay Collins 2024 2025 2026
Luke Keary 2024
Nat Butcher 2024
Naufahu Whyte 2024 2025 2026
Robert Toia 2024 2025
Sam Walker 2024 2025
Sandon Smith 2024 2025 2026
Sitili Tupouniua 2024
Siua Wong 2024 2025 2026
Spencer Leniu 2024 2025
Terrell May 2024
Tyler Moriarty 2024
Victor Radley 2024 2025 2026 2027
Zach Dockar-Clay 2024

Development List
Alex Young 2024
Blake Steep 2024
Ethan Roberts 2024
Lewis Murphy 2024
Xavier Va’a 2024 2025 2026 (NRL)

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He won't. Wong and Butcher will start on the edges this season so he will either rotate with them or join the middle rotation. Anyway this is good news for us if we're actually pushing for May.
I didn't realise how little football he played last year. We would have to be looking at May. If we aren't chasing him, the anti Gus people would have something to complain about