Doping allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds pretty big. The NRL have evidence of players and whole teams doping. Also links with organised crime gangs and players and teams doping, also match fixing. Hope the dogs and their players are clear. Teams can come back from cap cheats and scandals. This is the biggest story in Australian sport history, if teams are exposed they would fold. Supporters would leave, sponsors wouldn't touch them. This has the potential to end clubs. Highly doubt the dogs would be involved.
Calm down lol Teams would fold? lol
If a supporter would leave over this, surely they are not worthy supporters, the club is better off without supporters like this. They wouldn't be true supporters.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Calm down lol Teams would fold? lol
If a supporter would leave over this, surely they are not worthy supporters, the club is better off without supporters like this. They wouldn't be true supporters.
who would sponsor a team busted for drug cheating

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Re : Orford - Heard on radio someone paraphasing him along the lines of "it didn't help me at all"

Re : The Greater Issue - I missed the presser today. Can someone describe (a) where it was held ? and (b) Who was there ?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't there a few players that got caught with a supplement which is banned within the NRL it is also banned for people that are competing in bodybuilding. However at the time is legal to sell over the counter at supp store

1,3 Dimethylamylamine is the key ingredient that is found in prework outs such as Jack3d, 1MR etc. Gives you that pump and focus. It was offically banned from retail from August last year from memory

I wonder if this supp is apart of the allegations
Probably not.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Re : Orford - Heard on radio someone paraphasing him along the lines of "it didn't help me at all"

Re : The Greater Issue - I missed the presser today. Can someone describe (a) where it was held ? and (b) Who was there ?
Everyone whp is change of a popular sport was there today

FFA, NRL, ARU , AFL and Cricket were all there

It was held in Canberaa at paliarment

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any club found guilty of doping or match fixing should be stripped of any titles they may have won during that time, it's loads worse than salary cap issues.
2002 still haunts us

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
No clubs are named. The investigation does have individual names and teams, but have not made them public yet. There is also evidence of at least one match fixed, but which code has not been revealed.

ABC News tonight said that NRL are investigating Manly and Penrith - though, we should expect every club will be investigated.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Reni Maitua is the drug lord behind this?!

storm2012

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If they know who is involved why don`t they just name names instead of telling us they have been investigating for 12 months and it involves a number of clubs and some players.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Any chance you can read it and give us a summary? :grinning:
OK ... :p

- Peptides is bad.
- Growth Hormone is bad.
- Match fixing and/or bet collusion is bad.
- Organised crime is bad.
- All major codes are at increased risk of having some (or all) of the above being intertwined.

- ASADA is good.
- WADA is good.
- ACC is good.
- All major codes are at increased risk of having some (or all) of the above focus their ever increasing powers at clubs/players/staff in pursuit of confirming the large suspicions they already have, so they can hand out punishments the like we've never seen.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon they'll be a big shake up soon, not necessarily Nrl but Australian Sports (Cricket and Football in particular). It's to early to start accusing clubs or players, but if there one was player I would say is on the juice is Jared Waerea-Hargreaves or Dave Taylor. Though as we've seen look what happened with Ryan Tandy. We will never be able to officially prove that matches throughout history have not been fixed nor players haven't been using banned substances. Look at Andrew Johns there's a classic example.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If they know who is involved why don`t they just name names instead of telling us they have been investigating for 12 months and it involves a number of clubs and some players.
A thing called defamation. Until proven guilty they can't release names without putting themselves in a real legal cloud.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A thing called defamation. Until proven guilty they can't release names without putting themselves in a real legal cloud.
Brett Stuart
2004 Bulldogs team
2006 Tigers team
Matty Johns + Cronulla team 2002

List goes on for days.
Apparently they can release names all they like when unjustified accusations are being thrown around.
In the media, it's "guilty till proven innocent" and even then, they'll barely cover the story about the truth after charges have been dropped and the story has a happy ending. They prefer to keep revisiting stories and dragging up the past to keep the memories fresh in the minds of those who are too stupid to remember that the people in question were found not guilty.

On top of all of this, the first three articles I've seen on this report has mentioned Manly, Penrith, Cronulla and Des Hasler.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
TG on the Grill Team now
He gave pretty standard lines and responses. Nothing exciting.

I think people are jumping at shadows here in a slow news week.

I don't really buy the line that "we know who you are, come forward and work with us" malarky TBH.

I'm not trying to downplay the issue (we all want our sport corruption, drug and crime free), but I think it's importance in the world we live in is being a tad overstated.

Status
Not open for further replies.