Doorey & Topine

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Surely sooner or later these two get a run. Doorey is in our 30 man squad so there's no excuse for him not to at least get a run off the bench.

Topine is on a development contract I think but the club can ask for him to be brought up to the main squad, especially after injuries to Hoppa and Elliott etc..

Renouf also needs to start and play a lot more minutes and Ogden deserves another shot. Averillo also needs to be put at fullback to see if he can be our long term option there..

We're a bottom placed team that can't make the finals. If Pay won't play these kids because he's trying to save his job, then the club need to insist that they play so these last eleven games they can get valuable experience. It's really not that hard to figure out for a supposed rebuilding team.

When Lynne took over she kept harping on about junior development. Well how can they develop when they never play and reserve graders like Britt and Sue continually get picked ahead of them?

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a perfect chance to blood Doorey with Elliott's injury.

The biggest problem players like Doorey and Topine face is not playing any footy with no reserve grade. In saying that this season is a write off so blooding players doesn't hurt us as much at all.

Sue is a HIA waiting to happen and Dean Britt has been a huge disappointment so I have no idea how they have been regulars on the bench. I'd have no issue with them being dropped in favour of the likes of Ogden, Doorey or Topine.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a perfect chance to blood Doorey with Elliott's injury.

The biggest problem players like Doorey and Topine face is not playing any footy with no reserve grade. In saying that this season is a write off so blooding players doesn't hurt us as much at all.

Sue is a HIA waiting to happen and Dean Britt has been a huge disappointment so I have no idea how they have been regulars on the bench. So I'd have no issue with them being dropped in favour of the likes of Ogden, Doorey or Topine.
Thompson will come in for Elliott that is the only change you are likely to see..... Sigh....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We really do risk losing good young talent like these kids due to Pay's insistence on playing reserve graders.

This is the epitome of poor leadership in my opinion. Someone needs to step in and tell Pay these kids development needs to be the number one priority the rest of the season.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chris Smith will be rushed in too..........
Just like tolman was.. pay was desperate to have tolman back .. because he's made such a difference..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just like tolman was.. pay desperate to have tolman back .. because he's made such a difference..
Tolman played 65 minutes again last night. Napa nearly played 50. Meanwhile Renouf was sensational in his stint but only had 30 minutes again and never came back on. Go figure.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely sooner or later these two get a run. Doorey is in our 30 man squad so there's no excuse for him not to at least get a run off the bench.

Topine is on a development contract I think but the club can ask for him to be brought up to the main squad, especially after injuries to Hoppa and Elliott etc..

Renouf also needs to start and play a lot more minutes and Ogden deserves another shot. Averillo also needs to be put at fullback to see if he can be our long term option there..

We're a bottom placed team that can't make the finals. If Pay won't play these kids because he's trying to save his job, then the club need to insist that they play so these last eleven games they can get valuable experience. It's really not that hard to figure out for a supposed rebuilding team.

When Lynne took over she kept harping on about junior development. Well how can they develop when they never play and reserve graders like Britt and Sue continually get picked ahead of them?
Yes put them both in the team, one starting and one on bench. Give them a chance, how will they ever gain experience if they don't get a run

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tolman played 65 minutes again last night. Napa nearly played 50. Meanwhile Renouf was sensational in his stint but only had 30 minutes again and never came back on. Go figure.
It's criminal.. if an ex first grade forward cannot manage the forwards and their rotation, what possible hope can he have to manage halves and the rest of the team?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ogden has looked very lazy in the game time he has had this year.
Its disappointing as he was providing impact off the bench last year.
I hope we can just put it down to the disruption of the season and no reserve grade footy being played and some decent game time will get him back in the mix.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I caught up with my step brother last week too.
Turns out he used to coach Topine over in WA and said he is and always has been an absolutely gun.
Was playing 2 grades above what he should have been playing and was still man of the match week in, week out.

He should absolutely be given a crack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I caught up with my step brother last week too.
Turns out he used to coach Topine over in WA and said he is and always has been an absolutely gun.
Was playing 2 grades above what he should have been playing and was still man of the match week in, week out.

He should absolutely be given a crack.
It's hard though, debuting an 18? year old in a team running dead last with absolutely no match fitness under his belt. Still wouldn't be against giving him some time off the bench..

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard though, debuting an 18? year old in a team running dead last with absolutely no match fitness under his belt. Still wouldn't be against giving him some time off the bench..
Yeah, just starting with small bench minutes to ease him in to it.
Apparently he is pretty mature footy-wise to play above his age group

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The current dogs pack lacks many things - mobility and lateral movement among them - players like Britt, Napa, Ogden will struggle even more with the new rules n speed of the game - oppositions will exploit them easily. Britt has become abysmal in defence - he is totally ineffective unless they run straight at him.
re Topine n Doorey - Doorey should be ready for fg however he didn't show much last year in NSW Cup - Topine is y far more mobile - not sure if ready physically - however it is up to the club to have development players physically ready by the second half of the season when they become eligible to play.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we were losing but giving promising youngsters game time there would be a light at the end of the tunnel. As we’d at least know these kids would be the future of the club once they gain more experience.
I don’t see how C Smith, Ogden, Britt etc will get any better than they currently are now? They aren’t exactly commanding game time when we’ve seen them play either

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually thought Tolman ran with more intent this week than I have seen in a while.
That doesn't say a whole lot but he did look a little improved.
Napa is sadly still disappointing.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both can play as well as tui Katoa the 3 of them have been training and brought into the squad its just when will pay bring them in

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Iv seen a lot of Topine in HM and SGBAll - genuine leader at those levels. Have seen a reasonable amount of Doorey - have only been impressed with one half of game in which he was outstanding on the edge in a Flegg game last year- think it was last year. Other games he was hardly noticed. Better informed judges than me rate him - he has bulked up considerably for this year- hopefully not to the detriment of mobility