rocky IV

of course moore doesnt want him playing origin

at least until he signs his next contract

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
of course moore doesnt want him playing origin

at least until he signs his next contract
Moore is worried that if he has 1/500000th of a team as bad as Folkes in 2008 he will be shown for the spastic he is.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I agree with Moore wholeheartedly.

He shouldn't be picked for origin, and I doubt he will be. Let him get another year under his belt, a bit more familiarity with other players, develop his skills even further, and make sure his body is just that little bit more settled after it's growing phase.

Then he will be a SOO-ready machine.

I don't want our boy ruined yet. :p
my thoughts exactly :grinning:

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idris is a great guy and will become one of the force centres in the NRL, so i agree with Moore.. Idris is how old 19? Bluddy Hell he is my age and what he is doing now is incredible and if he continues to improve in both attack and defence i can see him play SOO next year..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Id be more worried about BK getting injured...coz a) BK is older and not a big unit like Idris, and b) BK getting hurt now would ruin our season.

If hes up to it why shouldnt he play? Fittler played SOO at 18, and it didnt hurt him one bit

If you had someone who could run the 100m in 9 seconds, but he was only a teenager, would you wait until he was older or run him in the olympics? 9 seconds is 9 seconds whoever runs it. Same goes for playing good footy.

T_dog

I'm afraid of not trying
Reaction score
Thats absolute crap he has been exceptional this year and most of last year. He would play inside Brett morris the Morris who actually knows how to defend and pass. He is definately there and if plays well he will be one of the first chosen. Understand that the kid is the SUPREME ATHLETE and he may not have his game all sorted yet but this experience will fast track him.

He is like Inglis except stronger, Bigger, faster and most of Charismatic not as good YET in defensive reads but that comes with experience.

The club should build Around Idris along with Barba and Ennis the first two are special talents and are the next big thing in rugby league
Give yourself an uppercut.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got a pretty strong feeling idris might get the call up after tonight. jennings played great on the wing and seriously no other centre is standing up more than idris atm and nsw are lacking a bit in terms of wingers. I think the backline could end up (With josh morris injured) being 1. hayne, 2. b.morris, 3. lyon, 4. idris, 5. jennings

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
having a bit of a think about it...idris could do the world of good from an origin camp tbh. getting in with the best players past and present could do his career the world of good. I wont complain one little bit if he gets picked. I have no doubt he has the ability to be a future superstar and an origin series could really get his career going especially if he plays well. If he doesnt, he has learned a few lessons and can work from that but I highly doubt he is gonna have a David Williams like series...

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
jennings is having surgury on his knee i think so he won't be picked and i wouldn't be surprised if they picked cooper on morri's side and lyon on the other

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care how good Lyon's form is.

Just like the other 15 right centres in the NRL atm, they will get owned by Inglis.

Idris might even hold his own against Inglis, could contain him to a certain extent but regardless of who you put there, Inglis will come out on top.

He proved last night, when it comes to the big games, he doesn't have a quiet one.

L

Lennie

We dont want him to get picked this year or next. we'll have 2 very expensive centres coming off contract

B

bahadogg

idris is centre for the blues this year for sure no doubt he can handle it he smashed tahu and is killing it this year
idris and inglis are the most damaging running centre's in the comp it is like when inglis started the Qld selectors picked him
and his been playing soo ever since.
n.s.w need an outside back like idris

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that he's defense still needs fine tuning. It doesn't matter if you don't score 3 try's in a match it's more important if you DON"T let in 3 try's.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I think that he's defense still needs fine tuning. It doesn't matter if you don't score 3 try's in a match it's more important if you DON"T let in 3 try's.
exactly right...for me personally i wouldnt want idris to be rushed into origin

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at when Josh Hannay use to play for Queensland, he was not a 'superstar' centre but he could defend really well.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
He hasnt had the experience that other centres who deserve the origin spot have.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idris has become the offload king I can really see him developing into one of the best centres in the game he has lost a bit of weight as well looking at the pics of him at the beach in the DT with Tahu.

We need to give him more ball in club games if he doesn't break the line he bends it and then offloads great stuff from the kid.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Idris has become the offload king I can really see him developing into one of the best centres in the game he has lost a bit of weight as well looking at the pics of him at the beach in the DT with Tahu.

We need to give him more ball in club games if he doesn't break the line he bends it and then offloads great stuff from the kid.
Well said, im also liking how if he doesnt break through he looks for other oppurtunities to offload

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldnt want to see Idris rushed for SOO,next year he will definitely be ready

Status
Not open for further replies.