News Dom Young to the Rortsters

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
How will the Knights ever match Rooster under the table cap though. Might have to go for Lodge who's on a train and trial deal according to the Roosters given Pongas massive upgrade
This is what your up against when competing against teams who really know how to circumvent the cap. Mitchell has almost $10m in property.

NRL star Latrell Mitchell lists Taree retreat
Jen MeloccoJEN MELOCCO
share-icon

AAA
South Sydney Rabbitohs star Latrell Mitchell has listed his Taree area farm for sale.
"To have three kilometres of river and you could sit there at any point and feel like the world didn't exist,"Latrell Mitchell said of his Taree area retreat, now for sale.
The NRL star bought the 550 acre farm and wilderness retreat on the mid-north coast in 2020, close to his hometown of Taree.
It was an emotional buy for Mitchell with his decision to sell coming with a busy schedule and less time to make the journey from his Sydney base, where he is a star player for the Rabbitohs.
"It was all about connection for me, knowing I wanted something to buy but not knowing what to look for was the hardest part," Mitchell told ACM.
"It is the perfect location for sustainable farming and nature enthusiasts alike," says listing agent Nathan McCullum of Society Real Estate.
He was blown away when he first visited the property after being alerted to it.
"You get photos, you get a sense of where it is but once I had the chance to go and inspect for the first time it just open my eyes to a new world."
"The valleys, the river, the trees all tell a story, but it was the land I was connected too so that's the reason I fell in love with it."
It is just one of a string of properties that the NRL player, who has invested wisely in property, has acquired over the years.
The farm and retreat has now hit the market with a price guide of $1.38 million.
He also shelled out $1.815 million to buy his parents Matt and Patricia a six-bedroom dream home on 19 acres in Taree in 2021.
Meanwhile in August last year he upgraded his Sydney home buying a $4.275 million property in the southern Sydney suburb of Ramsgate - complete with a cinema room and putting green.
In contrast his retreat, which has now hit the market with a price guide of $1,38 million, has been a back to basics wilderness ideal for camping and enjoying the stunning scenery and outdoors.
"To have three kilometres of river and you could sit there at any point and feel like the world didn't exist," Mitchell said.
"The fishing, the swimming was one thing but to have some "Me" time away from the world, you just couldn't put a price on that."
The property hit the spotlight during COVID lockdowns, with Mitchell fined in 2020 for breaching social distancing laws after visiting it for a camping trips with ten others, including fellow NRL player Josh Ado-Carr.
The pair apologised following the incident.
The NRL star bought the 550 acre farm and wilderness retreat on the mid-north coast in 2020.
Listing agent Nathan McCullum of Society Real Estate said the property provides endless opportunities for agriculture, recreation, and development.
"Interest has come from buyers who desire unspoiled wilderness," he said.
"With spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and forests, which is also home to an array of wildlife, it is the perfect location for sustainable farming and nature enthusiasts alike," he said.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You do realise property has gone up at least over 40% in the past few years ?
Latrell has done well for himself by the looks of it in that field.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
You do realise property has gone up at least over 40% in the past few years ?
Latrell has done well for himself by the looks of it in that field.
Never said he spent 10m. He had 4m property portfolio by age 23 whilst taking unders his whole career. You can't tell me that's possible without surety. Uncle Nick and Rusty been pulling some weight

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Apparently Roosters want Dom Young for round 1 and Knights might come to the party if they get a decent forward in return
Mmm if I were Knights management I'd ask for Sitili Tupionua, he's still injured but I can't see them letting either of the Butcher boys go.

Also Sitili has defensive issues and prefers to play right edge... With Dom Young prefering to play right edge also, they would leak line breaks and tries like crazy if ever paired together. Makes sense for both parties to move on.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty typical really. The Roosters will probably put their "he's playing for a third of a bottle of Pepsi per week" spin on it. When they get caught out they'll hopefully cop a punishment that fucks them up for a decade based on the fact that they've been breaching for 2 or more decades.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And theres a new twist on the Dom Young Story

The Knights and the Roosters have held informal discussions about an immediate player swap for Young with the Knights keen on Roosters forwards Egan Butcher or Siua Wong.

May’s injury could open up the door for Young to join the defending premiers on a short-term deal should the NRL green light their request for cap relief.

The Panthers could have the additional money to spend given they are exploring an application for dispensation for May, who was injured in the World Club Challenge against St Helens.

May’s season ended after he was caught being tackled in the first half against St Helens with the winger needing a reconstruction to repair the injury.
“We’re looking into it,” Penrith chief executive Matt Cameron said.

“But ultimately it is a decision for the NRL.”
The NRL has a mechanism in place for cap relief for players injured while on Test, Origin or All-Stars duty. Players who miss at least 12 games are given a dollar-for-dollar dispensation up to $350,000.

Fijian international Sunia Turuva is expected to be given first crack as May’s replacement.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The NRL rules for player movements are a joke.

Reaction score
He won't go there. The Crooks (Roosters) will do a player swap.
Probably find a fiver behind Politis's fridge to make room.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He took less money to play for the Roosters (they all do), but don’t feel bad for him, he smashed Politis in a round of golf, signed a contract for a new home in Bondi from a Roosters supporter who was happy to take 20% less than market value to give the youngster a leg up, and he was all smiles as he drove away in the new car from club sponsors, even happier when he found the full Gucci bag in the back seat.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Typical Panther Scum trying to cheat

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the Roosters couldn't match 500k offered by others clubs, but that's okay. This young kid doesn't want money. It's the prestige of playing for the Roosters of course. Kids these days.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Radley has resigned without any massive build up in the media ala Moses.

So sick of the headline "roosters star turns his back on open market to re-sign"

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hypothetical….
Dogs applying for a dispensation….
NRL: “No”

Channeling Kieran Foran.