Rumour Dolphins to Poach Bulldogs Star

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd have Topine covering second row (but can also fill hooker if Mahoney injured, or we're up and rest him) and an outside back, e.g. Averillo who covers 1-7. Topine's on the outer and probably won't be here next year unfortutenly. We won't have a genuine hooker on the bench next year as Mahoney plays 80.
Yeah all very valid points. I just hope we invest in a legitimate option behind Mahoney, if he gets injured we are in big trouble.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have been dealt a cruel blow with superstar hooker Jeremy Marshall-King inking a two-year deal with The Dolphins.

The 26-year-old, who has been one of the Bulldogs’ worst players this year, has rejected an option in his favour at Belmore to accept the deal to play under Wayne Bennett.

Marshall-King, who has played 88 NRL games, was named as the Dally M Spud of the year since assuming the #9 role for Canterbury. He is obviously facing a struggle to retain his first grade position next year with the arrival of Reed Mahoney from the Parramatta Eels, realising that he only got the role due to nepotism as his older brother is Benji.

Bennett and the Dolphins’ head of recruitment Peter O’Sullivan have been impressed with his form this year, despite the Bulldogs’ struggles.

The deal is with around the $200,000-a-season mark and the Bulldogs will surely regret this decision, as it is ultimately up there with losing Johnathan Thurston, Damien Cook and more recently Dale Finucane.
Two hilarious key words in this story “cruel blow” and “superstar” bloody cracked me up reading the opening paragraph :tearsofjoy: fark these journos talk some shit, honestly wtf!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good luck JMK, maybe a proven coach may get the best out of you, … and thank you for actually wearing the bulldogs jersey with pride, putting in effort , trying your hardest, and actually wanting to be here at this great club.

all these people give you shit, but you had more Passion than most of these imposters in 22 , maybe you weren’t a great 9, maybe you didn’t have what it takes…maybe you “suck” BUT on a personal Level you genuinely wanted to be a bulldog, and too me .. that deserves 100% respect, because you always put in YOUR 100% for the blue an white.!!!

enjoy your new venture mate.!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Jazz Tevaga is available. Has a brain explosion in him but also has the mongrel we need.
True, definately has a brain explosion in him lol. Dunno how cheap he would be though.
I think Kobe Hetherington would be excellent to cover hooker and backrow, but he's isn't available until end of 2023.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, definately has a brain explosion in him lol. Dunno how cheap he would be though.
From what I remember Warriors aren't racing to get his signature. They have Walker coming though, so he fills that 14 utility/bench hooker/forward role for them. Jazz may not have any better options. I could see Dolphins taking him, but they already have Stone and JMK.