Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I didn’t say any of that lol Crucifying a young fella for using PEDs when it is rife in all professional sports is not justified. I’m sure if he starts playing well next year you won’t care that he was on the juice for a bit.
Again I’m in compete agreement with you. Guy cheated, got caught and has served his time. A four year suspension is a lifetime in football. I’m very happy we are the club giving him a second chance. Plus he would be cheap and I remember him being quite good. It’s a great signing.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo has been available to be signed (for 2024) since November last year. He was only ever linked to one other club, even when encouraged by our club to test the market. I'd suggest there were no other teams interested... 16/17 clubs not interested enough to make an offer.. says something people..

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just have to say , don’t get caught up with the fact that he is a junior and should have been kept . Keeping players out of “Loyalty“ bites clubs in the ass. Look at Brooks tigers have kept him and he has not progressed .

hopefully xerri is on minimum wage as doesn’t deserve more , he was a rookie , busted for drugs and out of the game for long time , attacking structures have changed in that time , plus have 6 agains now and more unstructed play . Tbh I expect him to be a dud

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We picked him over everyone coming off contract this year. He was singed in December, 11 months before he’s allowed in the front door. He was signed as a priority over any other player who is coming up for renewal, if he wasn’t a priority he wouldn’t have been the first man signed.
Rubbish. You have no idea what you are talking about. We don’t get to decide when players are ripe to be signed.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand why people are annoyed. I just don't think it will end up being a huge deal. It all depends on who they use the extra money on. If it's spent wisely to help the team in other areas then it will be fine.
That’s just how Gus rolls and he usually gets it right, e.g: He sent Cotric, Naden and Schoupp packing. Is anyone still pissed about them leaving?! Stimson, Hetherington, Elliott? Lol. I thought Schoupp had potential and liked the signings of Cotric and Naden at the time, but look at them all now. Doing nada. Gus was right.

As long as the replacements are better, no one will care.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And another thing on Xerri, it’s not like he’s a Josh Reynolds in his mid thirties trying to recapture the form he had when Josh was 22. Of course Xerri recapturing his old form is more likely than not, Xerri is still in his early 20’s. Watch him kill it next year, he’s still very young.
Fuck yeah. Xerri was and will be awesome

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s just how Gus rolls and he usually gets it right, e.g: He sent Cotric, Naden and Schoupp packing. Is anyone still pissed about them leaving?! Stimson, Hetherington, Elliott? Lol. I thought Schoupp had potential and liked the signings of Cotric and Naden at the time, but look at them all now. Doing nada. Gus was right.

Cotric is playing off the bench for Raiders as utility. Naden is stuck in NSW cup. Schoupp also is playing in the lower grades and is behind Brian Kelly.

Stimson is only playing because Beau Fermor is injured. Hetherington and Elliot are going to be released by the Knights because of salary cap pressure.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Avo has been available to be signed (for 2024) since November last year. He was only ever linked to one other club, even when encouraged by our club to test the market. I'd suggest there were no other teams interested... 16/17 clubs not interested enough to make an offer.. says something people..
100% Avo has secured a good contract with the phins and good luck to him. It would have been terrible management to put a bigger offer to him. The Kennel never fails to deliver on a meltdown though lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep

I will write to King Charles & ask for a medal for your club.

Fingers crossed it's awarded.
I am not proposing a medal for the club for being good guys.

If I was, we probably might qualify for the Loser Medal for sending Avo off with a cheery wave and thanks for participating award.

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I didn’t say any of that lol Crucifying a young fella for using PEDs when it is rife in all professional sports is not justified. I’m sure if he starts playing well next year you won’t care that he was on the juice for a bit.
I don’t care tbh. He fucked up, got caught and has had to sit out for 4 years. I’m a believer in, you serve your time, play on/go on with your life.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Measured response uso. I expected you to go off!! Good on Avo for securing a nice contract. Hopefully Wayne can help him work on the deficiencies in his game. I reckon he will play well at the phins but he’s not what we need
He is what we need, we just can't afford him. Bloke carried our attack this season despite paying outside of Flanagan, Karl and Perham who gave him fuck all ball. Burton only just overtook him for total try involvements and that's only because he moved to halfback and further limited Jake's involvement on the ball. You're still underestimating way too much.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Rubbish. You have no idea what you are talking about. We don’t get to decide when players are ripe to be signed.
RIPE TO BE SIGNED!?!? He’s legally not allowed to step foot in the place until November this year. You are off your head if you think someone CURRENTLY SERVING a drugs ban was ripe to be signed

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score

That’s a really good point. It’s easy to forget about the deadwood he has already gotten rid of, which by definition is the first part of a long term, sustainable rebuild.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well how’s @Critta Magic ? Surely someone needs to check up on him.

he said that Avo was in the long term plans of the club. Obviously the club didnt rate him as a 400k player. Hopefully this is the start of the club cleaning out all our fringe first graders and securing a quality half and a couple of decent props.
He’s on the warriors forum. He will be fine

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
RIPE TO BE SIGNED!?!? He’s legally not allowed to step foot in the place until November this year. You are off your head if you think someone CURRENTLY SERVING a drugs ban was ripe to be signed
Ripe to be signed, as in before another club got to him. Signed for next year! What’s him not playing got to do with it? Come on man, use your brain.