Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it has worked out well for both parties. For Jake a new beginning with a great coach. For us heading for a more physical side.Perhaps we should allow the grass to grow as did warren Ryan when he built a ferocious pack with strong big slow centres.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good luck to him. I hope he does well at the Dolphins. He has great upside and I'd like for us to keep him but we have a tonne of other centre options and I can understand why the club didn't pay 450-500k to keep him when we need forwards and another half more than anything.

ASR010

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not too fussed either, i do like Avo and he has a bunch of talent but i think this just means we are reallocating money to more important positions, someone had to be sacrificed.

Looks like Alamoti will move to right centre (preferred) and Xerri/Skelton left centre?

1. Critta
2. Kiraz
3. Alamoti
4. Xerri/Skelton
5. Fox

Only Critta and Fox on decent coin out of our potential starting back 5. We also then have Wilson and Quai-Ward as backups..

Last edited:

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I get it we have to prioritize portions we need e.g spine, forwards which is where we need more.
All the top teams never really overpay for luxury positions like centre (except the Roosters who have an unlimited cap).
I think having Skelton, Xerri and Simrani coming through made this how its inevitably gone.

If every single cent of this decision goes to giving Hunt a Luxury Yacht as an under the table contract kicker i am all for it ha-ha

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gutted.

Absolutely filthy that signing some drug cheat blow in who has never proved to be anything without roids in his system is a higher priority to this club than a talented local junior in the same position, who can cover anywhere from 1-7.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He will kill it. Good on him.

Dogs have no one to blame but themselves however I’m sure there’s a plan.

Drop him now and put Ethan Quai-Ward in if he’s the back up.
This is a great point. Absolutely no reason to keep him in the team now. no point improving him further for another team to benefit from. Next team list tuesday will be a good test of CC's stones.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disgusting from this club.
Gus is a fraud, Ciraldo is a panther cuck, everyone can go fuck themselves
Oh and he'll be replaced with a jailbird or a mediocre qld cup 24yr old centre that no one in the world discovered prior, quick **** throw him another 3 year deal 4 if hes a panther

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disgusting from this club.
Gus is a fraud, Ciraldo is a panther cuck, everyone can go fuck themselves
Oh and he'll be replaced with a jailbird or a mediocre qld cup 24yr old centre that no one in the world discovered prior, quick **** throw him another 3 year deal 4 if hes a panther
It’s Avo bro. It’s not like he has been our best player for years. He’s fast but not much else.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s Avo bro. It’s not like he has been our best player for years. He’s fast but not much else.
Hes our most experienced centre lol
Ones a drug cheat, others too slow and a beat up merchant in the lower grades, neither have or will have played more than 25 games
The rest are all QLD/NSW cup nobodies who won't do shit

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He's a local junior with talent to burn. This is a disgrace from the club. can't believe you guys are defending this. Let go of talented juniors and keep signinmg overrated stars on overs. Great growth strategy.