Dogs win but Manly to provide big test

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
The key to next week is defence. Manly have been hard to crack and we've looked vulnerable when teams have played deep and wide. There was some big defence last saturday, noteably from Bobcat, Hickey and Tsoulos but when the Dragons went wide early in the tackle count, we were all over the place. We need to fix that or we'll get carved up.

I don't see the value of Armit. I barely notice him out there. If Cleal is fit, he should replace him. If not then Koups or Maitua.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
damn I missed the last 10 minutes of the game cause I had to go out

who the **** let St George leak in 2 quick trys?
slackers

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Several players were at fault with poor defence actually. Folkes blamed the kids but it wasn't just them who were shirt grabbing. Leading by 24 with 15 to go, you expect the intensity to drop but you can't afford to do it this year. The comp is too close. If they didn't let in those two tries they'd be in 8th spot.

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
manly will beat the bulldogs
they will do a roosters on us as much as i hate saying it
we need 2 start buying players now

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to think we have learnt from the recent losses, and the rest of our pack will back up SBW, if they do we have a shot.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Dogs by 2, but thats only if we turn up. We can possibly win by more but that will depend on the impact our bench and halves have in the game.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surprisingly Manly showed alot of heart against Parra. They had no right to win yet they did. They held Parra with great defence.

Maybe if they showed that kind of heart in the GF....

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
^Parra played poor though considering the opposition was down to a 1 man bench, and Manly in my opinion are too in-consistent they smashed the warriors one week, only to lose convincingly to the storm the following.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to see him in there but i cant see them going past Stewart.
I can honestly say that Patten has gotten better with age (as if he wasn't great to begin with).

I can't believe how well that guy is playing. I reckon he may be in contention for the NSW number 1 jersey if he keeps this up.

blue200

Waterboy
Reaction score
Though I like him as a player and had a great first year with us, what must is ****ting me a little is Lee Ta Maari's play this year.

I watched him miss a couple of tackles due to poor positioning in that game which led to line breaks/tries.

I ended up checking this out after the game and guess what, according to the official NRL stats page, he has the most missed tackles (17) for the Dogs and the most inneffective tackles (8) as well. Over 6 games that averages to 3 missed tackles and 1.5 ineffective tackles every game.

Pretty high I reckon. He is also the most 2nd penalised (4) on the squad. Corey leads this category with 5.

Most errors go to Danield Holdsworthless with 10 errors and 3 penalties to lead the most errors count. That is a big reason alone for the Dogs 3-3 start when your halfback is the most error prone.

Just a few thoughts.
damn I missed the last 10 minutes of the game cause I had to go out

who the **** let St George leak in 2 quick trys?
slackers

blue200

Waterboy
Reaction score
If I was on the wing in that game instead of Grothe, Manly would not have won that game. Grother really let Parra down and if Hagan is any sort of coach he will drop him for a week or two so he can get his head straight.

Or better yet, as I dont really like Parra, leave Grothe in there.

Surprisingly Manly showed alot of heart against Parra. They had no right to win yet they did. They held Parra with great defence.

Maybe if they showed that kind of heart in the GF....

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
manly will beat the bulldogs
they will do a roosters on us as much as i hate saying it
we need 2 start buying players now
Hopefully they do a Roosters on us. Did u see the Roosters play the Knights yesterday. If Manly play like the Roosters did we are sweet!!

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Though I like him as a player and had a great first year with us, what must is ****ting me a little is Lee Ta Maari's play this year.

I watched him miss a couple of tackles due to poor positioning in that game which led to line breaks/tries.

I ended up checking this out after the game and guess what, according to the official NRL stats page, he has the most missed tackles (17) for the Dogs and the most inneffective tackles (8) as well. Over 6 games that averages to 3 missed tackles and 1.5 ineffective tackles every game.

Pretty high I reckon. He is also the most 2nd penalised (4) on the squad. Corey leads this category with 5.

Most errors go to Danield Holdsworthless with 10 errors and 3 penalties to lead the most errors count. That is a big reason alone for the Dogs 3-3 start when your halfback is the most error prone.

Just a few thoughts.
No suprises about Hughes leading the penalty count. fmd.

Status
Not open for further replies.