Dogs will be cannon fodder for souths

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thurston just on Channel Nines Today Show said his heart says Bulldogs his head says Souths so he is just going to sit on the fence and not choose a winner

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't see anyone who isn't associated with the Bulldogs tipping us!

This is unprecedented!

Souffs are such overwhelming favourites, Des will have a field day with material to motivate the boys. Just need to get 17 fit bodies out onto the field willing to tackle their rings out, and we will pull off the upset of our times.....this is giving me de ja vu of 1995 so bad it's not funny!

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent, keep telling them how awesome they are. You're going to win the GF bunnies, its as good as yours.

InB4 Hasler declares Souffs certain premiers!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Can I just ask a question guys? If this was a regular season game and looking back at our form of 3 out of 3 wins against seriously competitive opposition, who would you tip with or without Ennis? I wouldn't hesitate to tip the Dogs, as I feel that in pressure situations Souths have not performed well all year. With a clear opportunity to go to the top of the ladder and claim the minor premiership, Souths folded like a deck of cards against a rampant Cowboys outfit. The following week they defeated us courtesy of a Trent Hodkinson brain explosion and some poor attack in general from the Dogs (wtf were we thinking when we kept chipping towards Alex Johnston the whole game?)

Looking at their run in to the finals, they beat Manly who were out of sorts and played poorly in the first half, and beat a Roosters outfit who in the previous week were almost mowed down by the Cowboys (they were, it was just very unlucky that Lui's hand touched the footy).

We bashed the Storm in the first week of the finals, and should have been up 22-0 against Manly but for a silly video referee call, and then we beat Penrith with about 45% possession. We're the team with momentum and not Souths.

I do not believe any of this bullshit about a team outside the four not winning it.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can I just ask a question guys? If this was a regular season game and looking back at our form of 3 out of 3 wins against seriously competitive opposition, who would you tip with or without Ennis? I wouldn't hesitate to tip the Dogs, as I feel that in pressure situations Souths have not performed well all year. With a clear opportunity to go to the top of the ladder and claim the minor premiership, Souths folded like a deck of cards against a rampant Cowboys outfit. The following week they defeated us courtesy of a Trent Hodkinson brain explosion and some poor attack in general from the Dogs (wtf were we thinking when we kept chipping towards Alex Johnston the whole game?)

Looking at their run in to the finals, they beat Manly who were out of sorts and played poorly in the first half, and beat a Roosters outfit who in the previous week were almost mowed down by the Cowboys (they were, it was just very unlucky that Lui's hand touched the footy).

We bashed the Storm in the first week of the finals, and should have been up 22-0 against Manly but for a silly video referee call, and then we beat Penrith with about 45% possession. We're the team with momentum and not Souths.

I do not believe any of this bullshit about a team outside the four not winning it.
Well said. Go dogs

Billy Bean

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't see anyone who isn't associated with the Bulldogs tipping us!

This is unprecedented!

Souffs are such overwhelming favourites, Des will have a field day with material to motivate the boys. Just need to get 17 fit bodies out onto the field willing to tackle their rings out, and we will pull off the upset of our times.....this is giving me de ja vu of 1995 so bad it's not funny!
Yep 1995 all over again .... Great D won that game for us, we did not give Manly a sniff.

Just finished watching the Penrith game for the third time ..... Our D was fantastic, we really shut them out of it.
One fluke catch of a bomb, and one half break after ten minutes of pressure on our line, was all the pennys could muster.

All the commentary on the game was that Penrith played bad in attack, no praise for our defense at all. I think we rattled them.

Souths are rightly strong favourites, but i am quietly confident of an upset, just like 1995.

My biggest concern is the cheating NRL, and all the calls that i KNOW Souths will get.

It took three seasons of corruption to get St merge home. Who can forget Brett Morris being out by two feet in the lead up to a try in the GF.
Souths have had a similar push for the past three seasons. They are the LEAST penalised team in the comp, despite being the undisputed kings of
wrestle and slowing the ruck speed. What a farce!!!!

I fully expect to be totally pissed off with the men pink, but in the end it will make the win all the MORE GLORIOUS!!

WE ARE THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS
THE CANTERBURY TEAM
WE PLAY IT HARD, WE PLAY IT TOUGH
WHERE THE GREATEST IN THE LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.