Dogs v Rorters 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

azza84

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This would be my team...

1.Patten (Or wheoever performs better out of him and Cutler)
2.El Masri
3.Davui or Tuatara (They werent bought for PL)
4.Tonga
5.Utai
6.Holdsworth (Bought to play 5-8, hopefully he is more consitant that Anasta)
7.Sherwin (Will do the job espically with Roberts there puttin the presure on sherwin)
8.Mason (Is a prop, watch the 2004 GF and see)
9.Ngawini or Perry (Hopefully Ngawini)
10.O'Meley
11.Maitua (His said he is a backrower himself)
12.Ryan
13.Grimaldi

14.Williams
15.Armit
16.Myles
17.Asotasi

That is a team that can win the competition and with a bench like that we will have the most impact off the bench more so than any other team like we did in 2004. All in all barring injuries we have the best squad in 2006 with some great depth, which is something we didnt have in 2005. GO THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS WITH SOME LUCK THE 2006 PREMIERS

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
azza84 said:
This would be my team...

1.Patten (Or wheoever performs better out of him and Cutler)
2.El Masri
3.Davui or Tuatara (They werent bought for PL)
4.Tonga
5.Utai
6.Holdsworth (Bought to play 5-8, hopefully he is more consitant that Anasta)
7.Sherwin (Will do the job espically with Roberts there puttin the presure on sherwin)
8.Mason (Is a prop, watch the 2004 GF and see)
9.Ngawini or Perry (Hopefully Ngawini)
10.O'Meley
11.Maitua (His said he is a backrower himself)
12.Ryan
13.Grimaldi

14.Williams
15.Armit
16.Myles
17.Asotasi

Thats is a team that can win the competition and had the most deadly bench in the league, as we did in 2004.
Reckon that will help us retain Asotasi and Myles over the next couple of years though? I reckon Asotasi in particular will be demanding a starting spot next year. Asotasi said he wants to be a second rower, and I'd rather see him in the second row than Maitua!

No Hughes, I love it. But we know that somehow Hughes will end up in the side. I hope this Ngawini kid goes alright.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nikau said:
Reckon that will help us retain Asotasi and Myles over the next couple of years though? I reckon Asotasi in particular will be demanding a starting spot next year. Asotasi said he wants to be a second rower, and I'd rather see him in the second row than Maitua!

No Hughes, I love it. But we know that somehow Hughes will end up in the side. I hope this Ngawini kid goes alright.
I rekon Asotasi played some of his best footy comming off the bench and running at the fatigued forwards. He's got a good step for a forward and does well running into a tired defensive line. I don't think he'll mind starting off the bench next year as long as he gets plenty of game time and I don't think starting him on the bench will affect our chances of retaining him next year.

Reaction score
Bulldogs84 said:
pretty crappy in depth analysis

you based the number 12 battle on Ryans 2005 form and totally disregarded the 12 try season hero from 2004
Damn straight I did.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
jlo hamad said:
u forgot tonga
no I remembered him just didnt add him
he wants to go back to banana land so he shouldnt have a place in the top side unless their are injuries

16-13

Waterboy
Reaction score
PARANoIR said:
Adam Perry v Craig Wing - The pretty boy would give him an ass kicking

I didn't know that Adam Perry was regarded as a pretty boy.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is. he is tho tho thecthi

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I promise if Asotasi goes to the 2nd row he will be regarded in the top 3 of 2nd rowers in the NRL within months.

His position has always been 2nd row.. it's where he is more dangerous. If I were folkes i'd be doing everything I could to accomodate Roy into the 2nd row.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
1.Luke Patten
2.Hazem El-Masri
3.Reni Maitua
4.Willie Tonga
5.Matt Utai
6.Daniel Holdsworth
7.Brent Sherwin
8.Mark O'meley
9.Adam Perry
10.Willie Mason
11.Sonny Bill Williams
12.Roy Asotasi
13.Andrew Ryan

14.Tony Grimaldi
15.Corey Hughes
16.Chris Armit
17.Nate Myles

hehehe

J-H13

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nikau said:
1.Luke Patten
2.Hazem El-Masri
3.Reni Maitua
4.Willie Tonga
5.Matt Utai
6.Daniel Holdsworth
7.Brent Sherwin
8.Mark O'meley
9.Adam Perry
10.Willie Mason
11.Sonny Bill Williams
12.Roy Asotasi
13.Andrew Ryan

14.Tony Grimaldi
15.Corey Hughes
16.Chris Armit
17.Nate Myles

hehehe
grimaldi should be on the field he doesnt have much impact of bench.....

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh he would be a waste on the bench

D

Danish

Luke Patten v Anthony Minichiello - HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! Like comparing a Lambo to a burnt out corolla

Hazem El Masri v Amos Roberts - If the dogs continue their trend of scoring very little tries then Haz proves completely useless. Roberts generally scores double the tries haz does.

Lee Hookey (arguments sake) v Ryan Cross - Lee Hookey = too crap even for souths. Cross = always able to get outside his man. With a decent winger (i.e Lett) he'll really show his value

Willie Tonga v Iosia Soliola - Tonga has nothing except a palm. And even that only works on Hodges. Soli can actually TACKLE. And tackle hard. Something Tonka boy has yet to master.

Matt Utai v Joel Monaghan - Both unbelievably ****
Daniel Holdsworth v Braith Anasta - Ones the NSW 5/8. One isnt even a 1st grader. You do the math

Brent Sherwin v Brett Finch - Both in the worst form of their careers. Neither would cut the mustard at any other club atm.

Mark O'Meley v David Shillington - Shillo GAVE OMeley a lesson in Round 26.
But there is no denying Shreks ability. If Shillo hits form this will actually be a great match up.

Adam Perry v Craig Wing - About as much use as comparing Patten to Mini

Roy Asotasi v Anthony Topou - Asotasi has to be the most inconsistent dog there is. Morley runs just as hard but hits too. Morley by a mile

Willie Mason v Adrian Morley (Morley is playing 2nd row next year) - Mason knows how to run at the little guys. Morley will pick it up easy enough

Andrew Ryan v Craig Fitzgibbon - Most boring match up on the field.

Tony Grimaldi v Ashley Harrison - Harrison by a country mile. Grimaldi gives away too many penalties. The crocker of the bulldogs

SBW v Chris Flannery - Sonny played 5 games last year and was average in all of them. Flanno did great and actually knows how to play injured. Lets see pretty boy do that (during gay assed pepsi commercials with hair extensions). Both know how to hit the piss.

I'd say the big weakness in the dogs pack next year will surely be your backline. Not a true attacking play in the lot of them. Patten knows how to support and Tonga might find some form, but both are turnstyles so kind of defeats that.

The roosters main problem next year will be their bench. Tonga, Shackleton, Plum and a few others will do well to get a full off season of training under their belts. But for the first 6-8 weeks i wouldnt expect much from that department

Faz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did you call SBW Overrated?????????????????????

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt Utai v Joel Monaghan - Both unbelievably ****
LOL that's probably the stupidest thing i've ever read. no offence, of course.

i agree with the patten vs mini and perry vs wing match-up's though.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
to say matt utai is **** is foolish

who scroed 2 tries which sunk your sorry ass in the GF

and who has scored match winners against the roosters as well? matt utai

saying matt utai is **** undermines your opinion for everything else you say. at least pattern doesnt spill the ball in crucial moments like mini does

D

Danish

marty said:
LOL that's probably the stupidest thing i've ever read. no offence, of course.

i agree with the patten vs mini and perry vs wing match-up's though.

Check out Utai's stats for the 05 season and you'll see just how crap and uninvolved he is

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Luke Patten v Anthony Minichiello - HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! Like comparing a Lambo to a burnt out corolla

what can I say?

well said and I agree

Willie Tonga v Iosia Soliola - Tonga has nothing except a palm. And even that only works on Hodges. Soli can actually TACKLE. And tackle hard. Something Tonka boy has yet to master.
who gives a ****, ill be surprised if Tonga even makes 1st grade in 2006

Daniel Holdsworth v Braith Anasta - Ones the NSW 5/8. One isnt even a 1st grader. You do the math

you will quickly change your mind on this opinion in 2006
just like your thoughts on Stuart,C Tonga and Finch!

Mark O'Meley v David Shillington - Shillo GAVE OMeley a lesson in Round 26.
But there is no denying Shreks ability. If Shillo hits form this will actually be a great match up
LOL

Willie Mason v Adrian Morley (Morley is playing 2nd row next year) - Mason knows how to run at the little guys. Morley will pick it up easy enough
YEAH and he will get sent off,put on report and will make himself the most talked about mug throughout that week

Morley will pick it up with a price

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danish said:
Check out Utai's stats for the 05 season and you'll see just how crap and uninvolved he is
check out how he runs with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.