News Dogs turn heat up on Taaffe

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its a mistake buying players with the agreement to play them only in their preferred position.
Burton promised the 6, Crichton promised the 1, Mahoney promised the 9. etc. I know Burton has played in the 7 though.
They should be utilised in whatever position the coach thinks will benefit the team.
I would play Taaffe in 1. Crichton in 3 and Burton in 4. Still needing a quality 6 though.

Last edited:

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Blake Taaffe is better than Averillo in attack and defence. Believe it or not.

Averillo is horrendous in defence and has some good moments in attack.

Taaffe is consistent and never stops trying. his agility is way better.
Fuck me brah are you and all other Avo haters a bunch of 1 year olds? our whole team is horrendous in defence but you dumb motherfuckers always blame Avo- he's the best player out of a pathetic bunch of heartless *****.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
can’t handle the truth can you. [emoji23][emoji23]

sucked in averillo is leaving. go support the dolphins u gronk, if you like him that much.

taaffe is better.

averillo wanted money so he left. local junior my ass.
Lmao

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me brah are you and all other Avo haters a bunch of 1 year olds? our whole team is horrendous in defence but you dumb motherfuckers always blame Avo- he's the best player out of a pathetic bunch of heartless *****.
i agree, but he has more bad games then good. he isn’t consistent and critta is better.

we can’t keep them all!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, Taaffe is genuine cover for the Halves as well as Fullback, in fact I believe he has played the majority of his football at 7.
I have no doubt he could cover center and hooker from the bench in an emergency, making him our permanent 14 after Kylie, Nu Brown and Grub all leave this year.
I'd happily take him at the right price, "the right price" being the most important factor.

He actually reminds me of one of my favourite premiership players "Jason Alchin".

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taaffe isn't even the best backup fullback in the nrl.. It's kinda reminding me of a dufty signing :/
Except that taafe will not shit his pants when called on to tackle anyone 80kg or over

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a mistake buying players with the agreement to play them only in their preferred position.
Burton promised the 6, Crichton promised the 1, Mahoney promised the 9. etc. I know Burton has played in the 7 though.
They should be utilised in whatever position the coach thinks will benefit the team.
I would play Taaffe in 1. Crichton in 3 and Burton in 4. Still needing a quality 6 though.
We’re moving our best 6 option onto the Dolphins ..

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sign him up.. he’s safe and fast with good ball skills. Also has big game experience from the other year fat boy was injured.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like this signing, hes dangerous in attack and has alot to prove still, was fb when souths made a gf aswell. Crichton and Xerri in centres, if Xerri comes back anything like what he was, argyably the best centre pairing in the league. Averillo id have kept , hes a quality running fullback but doesnt have the best hands for a fullback, hoping taafe brings that.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think Avo is a better 6 option than Burton? Do you not remember Avo playing in the halves?
People remember Averillo at 7, he doesn’t have the boot for that and he’s not a game manager …

I think he only played one game at 6 (correct me if I’m wrong) then TB moved him into that 7 position …

If I remember correctly he played really well at 6,

Not sure if Averillo’s a better 6 than Burton, but I do know Burtons a better centre than Averillo, and I do know with his attack elusiveness and speed Averillo’s an above average 6 ,,, so together they could have caused some serious damage ..

A combination of Burton centre Averillo 6 … imo was a better attacking combination than Averillo centre Burton 6

A move of Averillo to 6 Burton left centre with Kikau and JAC would have given us a lethal left side ..

I feel this would have been a smart move start of the season [emoji115]

But it wouldn’t have happened as they understandably needed to keep Burton happy ….

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We still have BBO sign for 2 more years I think. He would be a good 6 .
He

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are too busy spending money trying to do everything like the Panthers. It is absolutely ridiculous. What happened to the Bulldogs way guys?
If you ask me, it’s no wonder the players can’t respond.
I think Penrith got taught the bulldog way by Gus.
They are doing the bulldog way & we are learning the bulldog way all over again.