News Dogs turn heat up on Taaffe

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know, I agree. So why do most people not want Taffee?
Critta, JAC, Xerri, Kiraz, Wilson/Skelton > Taaffe, JAC, Xerri, Crichton, Kiraz

I'd rather Wilson or Skelton over Taaffe. I've watched every game Taaffe has played in NRL and he's slow, can't ball play and doesn't break tackles. The only thing I like about him is he runs the ball back hard but he doesn't have the physique for it to eventuate into anything. I think people are putting way too much weight on Taaffe's game against us.

+ Crichton on fullback money.

I doubt we're signing Taaffe as a minimum wage back-up/14. If we're tho it's no issue.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, I agree. So why do most people not want Taffee?
Taaffe is an upgrade on any of our current fullback options. He is also versatile. The only reason I don’t want him is purely because we have too many outside backs already signed for 2024. We need balance across the squad.

We need to secure at least a couple of quality middles before looking at backs.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Critta, JAC, Xerri, Kiraz, Wilson/Skelton > Taaffe, JAC, Xerri, Crichton, Kiraz

I'd rather Wilson or Skelton over Taaffe. I've watched every game Taaffe has played in NRL and he's slow, can't ball play and doesn't break tackles. The only thing I like about him is he runs the ball back hard but he doesn't have the physique for it to eventuate into anything. I think people are putting way too much weight on Taaffe's game against us.

+ Crichton on fullback money.

I doubt we're signing Taaffe as a minimum wage back-up/14. If we're tho it's no issue.
Wilson’s defence reading is shit as fuckk

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taffee is 10 times the player Perham is, Taffre is actually dangerous, Perham is just a dud.
Luke Patten wasn’t a superstar but he had speed, urgency and was reliable.

Perham has no speed or urgency. Perham is the kind of guy to goose step on the goal line and get trapped in goal… oh wait he has already done that this year.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taaffe is an upgrade on any of our current fullback options. He is also versatile. The only reason I don’t want him is purely because we have too many outside backs already signed for 2024. We need balance across the squad.

We need to secure at least a couple of quality middles before looking at backs.
Fair point

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How have the dogs in one off season fallen off a cliff defensively?
The softness is mind boggling and dissapointing,wouldn’t the team have some sort of buy in to structures?

Oh yeah also parramatta reaping off Trent Barrett’s attacking influence.
Eels look a more dangerous team even without Mahooney ..funny that is.

It’s like anyone who comes to this club is jumping into quick sand .
I thin it’s what others have said not buying into his style of defense maybe too technical whatever that means

He has hinted at it in pressers that they buy in or they will be replaced

Does t look like that ultimatum has worked

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all know to get Burton we promised him the 6 jersey and the money that goes with it … I’ve mentioned this before … if we’d have been able to go into the new season with …

Averillo 6
Burton. Centre
Kikau.
JAC.

And trained to cover for Averillo’s defensive issues, that would have been a killer left side .. was never going to happen, but that’s the direction we should have gone in.

We’re losing our best 6 to the Dolphins … the club needs to stop with these ideas of experimenting playing players out of position ..
Still banging on about this Avo 6 boolshit FNLOL

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I can just see Thommo getting signed by someone like the roosters, penrith or storm and having a great year, after we've spent years and plenty of money getting him right. Like what happened with Foran
1000%
hence why we should retain him whilst pursuing a couple more. A Tino/Haas and a tackler

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1000%
hence why we should retain him whilst pursuing a couple more. A Tino/Haas and a tackler
I don't think we get Tino or Haas unfortunately. Jury is out on Thommo, we would need some evidence he won't be another long term recovery like RFM.

Reactions: ATT

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We all know to get Burton we promised him the 6 jersey and the money that goes with it … I’ve mentioned this before … if we’d have been able to go into the new season with …

Averillo 6
Burton. Centre
Kikau.
JAC.

And trained to cover for Averillo’s defensive issues, that would have been a killer left side .. was never going to happen, but that’s the direction we should have gone in.

We’re losing our best 6 to the Dolphins … the club needs to stop with these ideas of experimenting playing players out of position ..
Avo our best 6 pmsl

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think we get Tino or Haas unfortunately. Jury is out on Thommo, we would need some evidence he won't be another long term recovery like RFM.
As usual… we’ll end up with the useless less effective brothers of Tino & Payne …. Isack & Klese instead!

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is probably another decoy for the media to fall for, and the signing we actually want will be done behind closed doors (e.g, Sexton)
Makes sense with the energy displayed in that photo. The both don’t want to be there