Dogs to give Barrett $3m cheque book as Penrith allow him to start talks over replacing Pay

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he is given the job then let him prove himself or fail, everyone may say no do not get him etc, and that’s fine.. problem is it’s completely out of our hands just like wanting pay gone months ago was, is he the man for the job? Probably not..but maybe he can turn things around. but again, better than pay.!!!
This next period is one of the most important in Bulldogs history, three more years of mediocrity could break this club.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
$3m will give Barrett plenty of money to buy new furniture for the players and staff

The guy nearly gave manly its first wooden spoon says it all

The club will regret this decision over the next 3 years

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All this talk about barret, how about we view fitness coaches, skill coaches and departments such as that. We’re abysmal and clearly need to replace them

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This next period is one of the most important in Bulldogs history, three more years of mediocrity could break this club.
This board and pay already broke it after des an co.. we can only Get better now an the only way is up.. we’ve had our sad years, and been down for a Very long time . And now it’s About to change The Mighty Bulldogs...and us fans/supporters.

exciting times ahead.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not convinced on Barrett or any newbie coach at the moment.

I want someone in that has experience and knows what it takes to to hold the trophy up.

In the last 15 years these coaches have all gotten premierships:

- Trent Robinson
- Graig Bellamy
- Shane Flanagan
- Paul Green
- Michael Maguire
- Des Hasler
- Wayne Bennett
- Tim Sheens

Maybe Paul Green at a new club could do him well? He's gotten stale up there but can obviously coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not convinced on Barrett or any newbie coach at the moment.

I want someone in that has experience and knows what it takes to to hold the trophy up.

In the last 15 years these coaches have all gotten premierships:

- Trent Robinson
- Graig Bellamy
- Shane Flanagan
- Paul Green
- Michael Maguire
- Des Hasler
- Wayne Bennett
- Tim Sheens

Maybe Paul Green at a new club could do him well? He's gotten stale up there but can obviously coach.
Green is fucking garbage lol.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign Charlie Staines for Fullback! I know hes on a wing at the minute but looks like a natural try scorer and has scored more in 2 games than any of our players have all season

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sign Charlie Staines for Fullback! I know hes on a wing at the minute but looks like a natural try scorer and has scored more in 2 games than any of our players have all season
He’s been on the end of some great ball movement and knows how to finish a try. He also has pace but that’s all we have seen from him so far. Everything he touches is turning to gold at the minute the tide will turn for him sooner or later and we will see just how good he is. I wouldn’t be signing him as a fullback at this point.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s been on the end of some great ball movement and knows how to finish a try. He also has pace but that’s all we have seen from him so far. Everything he touches is turning to gold at the minute the tide will turn for him sooner or later and we will see just how good he is. I wouldn’t be signing him as a fullback at this point.
His tries tonight have been better than his tries in his debut game. At least a decent finish in his second try. I watched his reserve grade highlights and I didn't see one piece of ball playing. All we know is he's lightning quick.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett is in and needs full support and involvement, he needs to be fully involved in any roster talk and future direction from here on in, he is here.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless the momentum killers Tolman and Lewis are still in the side
Penrith look fit and fast....something we have been lacking for YEARS
You are right but I think Barrett is too smart for the likes of Tolman breaking plays down and he won't tolerate it.

As for Lewis, the verdict is out on this one. I think with Barrett's footy brains he could reform the playing style of Lewis. You only have to look at who Lewis has had as coaches and see why he has not evolved. Barrett will change that.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Barrett brings the playing style over to us like I just saw Penrith play against Manly shit we have a lot to be excited about
Even Cleary when asked what’s changed mentioned Barrets influence

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nathan Cleary was interviewed after last night's win. I think it was Cronk who pointed out how good his kicking game has been, and Nathan was asked where the improvement has come from, and he said Barret has been coaching him in this area, and creating kicking plans for him.

Our kicking game has been woeful for over a decade.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nathan Cleary was interviewed after last night's win. I think it was Cronk who pointed out how good his kicking game has been, and Nathan was asked where the improvement has come from, and he said Barret has been coaching him in this area, and creating kicking plans for him.

Our kicking game has been woeful for over a decade.
Yes barret sounds like what a coach should be and will shut everybody up saying it wasn’t pays fault,even stevie g has them playing better,I predict wakeham to excel under tb