Dogs To Focus On Their Hit List

Status
Not open for further replies.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have room to move under their salary cap and are believed to be eyeing other halfbacks, with Daniel Holdsworth out of favour with some at the club because of a belief he doesn't run the ball frequently enough.
After finally confirming the promotion of assistant coach Kevin Moore to the top job at a press conference today, the Bulldogs will begin focusing on signing new players, with Cooper and Storm prop Jeff Lima heading their list of targets.

Should Cooper leave, the Dragons seem to have a readymade replacement in 18-year-old Arncliffe junior Dean Whare, who scored three tries in the NYC team's 20-18 win over North Queensland on Saturday.
Full story link, i was only interested in what said about the bulldogs hahahahaha

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/finch-set-to-spread-wings/2008/04/13/1208024991773.html

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
melbourne wont be able to keep all there players.. we should try and snag 2 or 3 of them.

dadoghouse

Once A DOG..Alwayz a DOG
Reaction score
y not also topou, we have plenty money to spend and he will also be a good buy!!!!!!!!!!!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When are Greg Inglis and Cameron Smith off contract?

I'd sell half the team for Inglis.

DOGS MAFIA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There was an article in SUN HERALD about Lima's manager meeting Mullholland & being told dogs want him & SBW wants him @ the dogs

Banksie

Prezzies grade
Reaction score
I dunno about Cooper really ... he seems to be a player who already played his best footy - for all we know the best options could be sitting under mamangement's noses ... eg who's to know that Jamal's is the next Izzy Folau.

Lima is in the same category ... hasn't scaled any great heights since his Storm GF effort ... Kitey wold be better!! :grinning:

Unless they can secure a true marquee player like a Inglis, we should simply have more faith in the undiscovered treasures hiding in our junior ranks

DOGS MAFIA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That would be an awesome sight to see that forward pack in the blue and white.
We need quality & in positions we dont have depth like front row, halfback & centre.lets hope we dont sign players for the sake of it as there is heaps of big name players of contract @ end of 2009. I would go for Lima, Blair in front row.
halfback & centre im not so sure as theyre isnt quality out there, rather wait 1 more year & go for jenings & Cronk

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
We need quality & in positions we dont have depth like front row, halfback & centre.lets hope we dont sign players for the sake of it as there is heaps of big name players of contract @ end of 2009. I would go for Lima, Blair in front row.
halfback & centre im not so sure as theyre isnt quality out there, rather wait 1 more year & go for jenings & Cronk
Yeah thats true. Agree with you on not signing has-beens for the sake of it and wasting of cap money on players who aren't up to the standard. E.g. Souths in 2003 bought all these players on a high wage and didn't get the results on the board. I don't want that to happen to us.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
i got happy for a second... when i read "With Cooper and Storm prop Jeff Lima" i thought they meant cooper cronk... Now thats a player ide love to see in the blue and white!

H

Haztrick

It's going to be great when we start signing some players. Lima would be awesome, as would Shillington. Still iffy about Cooper.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i wouldnt mind seeing lima in a dogs jumper...but it would be good if we can get a centre/winger...cooper would be good but i don't know about his form lately...i see wanna see someone in a backline with some speed to burn tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.