Dogs sign Richie Kennar

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canterbury continue to strengthen their roster for next season by signing Melbourne back Richie Kennar.

The centre-winger has penned a two-year-deal with the Belmore-based club.

Having replaced rugby union bound back Curtis Rona with Brenko Lee, the Bulldogs need a replacement for retiring winger Sam Perrett.

They may have found that replacement in 21-year-old Kennar.

Kennar was limited to just three appearances for the Storm this year thanks to an ongoing foot injury.

The youngster has gone under the knife to fix the issue this week and should be fully fit by the time pre-season training starts.

Source: Fox Sports

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/f758338641635d6cd8dd1ce7ca8dd99f

Last edited by a moderator:

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think this chap would be replacing Korobiete next year, which he is not.

I presume this chap would also be cheaper than the chap from the Tigers.

This signing does not arouse me whatsoever

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow someone already called him a flop before me. Must really be an underwhelming player.

LMFAO @ replacing Rona with Brekno Lee. What a disaster.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played 9 games since beginning of 2015. Hope they've signed another player to cover the times he's on the sideline.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He is a solid player, I am hoping it's true we land Mead. If we have Mead, Kennar, Lee added to form a backline with Morris bros, Hoppa then we have the potential to have a far better backline then this year.

Still it's a minimal signing that has great potential. Hopefully pans out and allows us money to sign what we really need. KIERAN FUCKING FORAN.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cleal needs to leave the pie stand and fly around to find the next Koroibete, Vunivalu, Redrada

Reactions: DT

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im sick of years of watching slow outside backs, please tell me he has some pace.....

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh he has some pace mate. Fairly strong to. Not huge but built solid.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I havnt seen too much of him but I think he is a decent signing. He is young as well thats an advantage in signing players like kennar and brenko lee.

Hopefully they produce some good form for us next year. I would also like to see Brad Abbey get given a go in first grade. Its time to start building our squad for the future and not just taking it one year at a time hoping to improve each year without making changes.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Des thinks he's playing Super Coach..... buying cheapies and waiting for their value to rise........... we might as well have Tom Sangster in charge of recruitment

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.