Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

Malla

Reaction score
This gutho extension makes Me a bit nervous .

Two ways to look at it.

Eats cap so helps (almost 800k
A year? Ouch! Not worth near that)

Other side is I fear the manager knows Mahoney and Paulo would get good $ elsewhere easily.

I think gutno would struggle to get anywhere near that $ from other clubs. Locking him in might make his management more willing to help with Mahoney and Paulo.

Hopefully it’s a case Mahoney is insulted by their original low ball. Sees they are fucked with Moses and gutno eating stupid coin and just lost their best backrowers.

See us with Pangai and kikau. Burton Jac etc. knows we are far better for the future and locks in with us ASAP.
Its beyond the offer. Yes Mahoney deserves more than Parra’s offer and for what he did for them they should be trying to look after him, but I think with Gus influence, Reed probably see’s that Doggies 2023 and beyond are shaping up to be a power house. It would be the best career move for him.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its beyond the offer. Yes Mahoney deserves more than Parra’s offer and for what he did for them they should be trying to look after him, but I think with Gus influence, Reed probably see’s that Doggies 2023 and beyond are shaping up to be a power house. It would be the best career move for him.
Parras premiership window is closing if not has closed already. Time to reed to come to a premiership team.

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
this needs to happen, come on Club and Reed. all these ‘prize’ signatures of wingers, centres and second rowers will mean stuff all unless we can land a gun or 2 for the spine

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Likewise. Just putting it out there source didn’t come from board or anything. Happy to share with a moderator where the info came from
I used to be a moderator so you can inbox me.