Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He wouldn't have been on much money at all and they'll have to replace him with a minimum wage player. Niukore leaving freed up some cash though.
I felt that Niukore would have freed up much either, but between them both they save at least 200k minimum with the top 30 spots filled by minimum wagers

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hipgrave would of been on close to min wage and Niukore didn't have a big contract either, probably freeing 100k after promoting/signing a minimum wager. Eels should re-up their offer, but if the max they can do is only 550-600k (450k was a disgraceful first offer) we still have a chance with a 700-800k bid. I'd rather pay the extra for the Cheese but doesn't look like we're interested.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His dad has said that reedy makes his own calls on his career ,dont worry i want him to come to the dogs as much as anyone ,just cant see it from the way i read it and my opinion only,it would take a massive offer over what parra offers him the land the deal,his dad has not told me directly what he is going to do but did say the dogs low balled him on their offer compared to what parra got him for,even though it was a base player contract it was way less for a young bloke at the time to accept and was happy at parra thats it all i know
If his dad ia at the pub tomorrow ill ask him straight up ,see what he says ,ill try all i can do is ask

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hipgrave and Niukore may have been on little but they were players that generally made parras 17

They need to replace them and won't be doing so with just bare minimum wage players, especially given mattersons history with concussions

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I was adamant about ado Carr and was wrong...so what's your point?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I recall correctly you were adamant Addo Carr and Burton wouldn’t come either.
When someone says BIG NEWS is coming does that not imply a signing is on the way?

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
When someone says BIG NEWS is coming does that not imply a signi ing is on the way?
Yes and a big difference having an opinion against signing or not signing someone and then having "inside information" and being wrong (especially when they're bold, D-Voice usually vague to protect himself and claims things later on but each to their own), anyways isn't big news we're interested in Mahoney, signing him would be tho.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
is everyone OK? just checking in and doing a welfare check because nobody has posted anything on this thread in 45 minutes. We're only at 36 pages, at this rate we'll never catch the TPJ thread!View attachment 33366
Running the numbers now

Day 4 of reed thread
36 pages since 8pm Tuesday
Rudolph's brother²
2-3threads merged in on day 3

Seems well on track to hit the 100pages by end of next week.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
Never thought he would join us,i know his dad personally and he's a mad eels fan has been always as was reedy although he did have a soft spot for the dogs growing up,as he is a beerwah bulldogs juniour from the sunshine coast ,he was never leaving parra ,especially since we shit on him with our offer to keep him here was an insult as far as his dads concerned,but money talks i supose,but at the end of the day its where your most happy thats where he'll play his best footy ,and his dad said he's happy with brad Aurthurs coaching ,he gets on with him really well
Reedy was a Wests Tigers fan as a kid. Robbie Farah was his hero. Ask Glen tomorrow if he's at the pub. The Dogs had a bit of a chat to him last time Reed was off contract. Steve Price was getting in his ear. Reed was living/sharing with Price's daughter.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if he's happy at Parra money talks and the $200K offer, plus the extra year, is a huge factor. I can see him staying at Parra for slightly less money, say $50K a year less, but not $200K a year. It's too much to knock back especially when your career is short lived

Also, in terms of us letting him go, that was the old administration so I'm sure Gus and JK are reminding him of that

His old man obviously wants him to stay at Parra but hopefully Gus and Baz have worked their magic and we've got him. It'd be a huge boost for the club
Would his old man want his son to sacrifice 200K a year (so 800K) just because he's an Eels fan. If so his old man is an idiot

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If a player goes, he needs to be replaced. So, Parra losing players doesn't mean they've got a shitload to spend as they need to fill those positions.

Not saying we'll get him, but at same time I'm not losing my shit because they've apparently shipped a few