Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If true, surely Parra don’t release early though. This next year is the last of there window, or best chance of there window.
Their window will never be open as long as Moses is at the club. And they haven't won a comp since 86..

But I agree there's no way they'll release him early as he's a top 5 hooker in the comp and one of their best players, if not their best week to week..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
While I agree I hope we do manage to land him or Paulo ffs (love watching him)

To be fair though don’t think anyone saw papali doing what he did. Nor Mahoney being so good .
I'd love Paulo too but we can't pay 750k plus to get him when we have Thompson and TPJ on $1.5 million combined.

Mahoney has been in great form for two or three seasons so they should have upgraded him earlier. Papali'i was signed for nothing and he'd be worth a lot more now so there's not much they could have done with that one.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe. But I think our interest in Mahoney is genuine which is probably why Gus has shot down rumours about Smith.

We need Mahoney more than the others. One thing is for sure, Parra won't be able to re-sign all of them as Gutherson, Mahoney, Paulo and Papali'i are all off contract and will all get big offers.. It's bad management from Parra to have them all off contract at the same time. Hopefully we can benefit from their mismanagement the way other clubs have benefited from ours for the past several years...
Yeah definitely and they recently extended RCG who wouldn’t be cheap. They even have Brown and Matterson off 23. Fingers crossed we get a hooker sorted for 23.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'd love Paulo too but we can't pay 750k plus to get him when we have Thompson and TPJ on $1.5 million combined.

Mahoney has been in great form for two or three seasons so they should have upgraded him earlier. Papali'i was signed for nothing and he'd be worth a lot more now so there's not much they could have done with that one.
Don’t get me wrong I completely agree (although Pangai is a back rower for us I think)

Regardless our two most urgent signings are 9 and 7.

I have some hope bbo can be the 7.

Can’t see averilo doing it sadly.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Their window will never be open as long as Moses is at the club. And they haven't won a comp since 86..

But I agree there's no way they'll release him early as he's a top 5 hooker in the comp and one of their best players, if not their best week to week..
Hope they don’t. Remembering though, they were extremely close to knocking out Penrith. Without Sivo and Mahoney. This will be there best shot.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hope they don’t. Remembering though, they were extremely close to knocking out Penrith. Without Sivo and Mahoney. This will be there best shot.
They were but I can't see them winning anything while Moses is at the club. He goes missing in big games and has always been a flat track bully that looks great against average teams and does nothing against the better teams. Dylan Brown is the same.

They probably have the best pack in the comp but their halves continually hold them back in the finals.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What did he say? Something about Mahoney? I didn't get the PM's this time. Haha
He said b.smiths asking price is to high and we’re going in on reed Mahoney for the right price.
I messaged him first asking for info he’s good a for a reply with anything he can share. Fingers crossed we get Mahoney though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He said b.smiths asking price is to high and we’re going in on reed Mahoney for the right price.
I messaged him first asking for info he’s good a for a reply with anything he can share. Fingers crossed we get Mahoney though.
That's good to know. His info is always reliable. Thanks for passing it on..

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a very good player when on the field,shoulders are dodgy,and has had some concussion issues,is he worth $700+ not for me.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is looking pretty positive..
Who is the woman at table in vid?
Possibly mum and dad present for the serious stuff?
LET’S GET REED-ICULOUS !!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Image1636455572.404896.jpgsaw a fan say in their forum Someone said something few days ago for it to be deleted. Another asked where it went. Another said “deleted for reasons”

He’s re posted this.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL news: Bulldogs launch bid to snare Eels hooker Reed Mahoney
The Bulldogs have stepped up their pursuit of off-contract Eels star Reed Mahoney over dinner at a Chinese restaurant.

Dean Ritchie and Phil Rothfield

Canterbury has launched a multimillion-dollar bid to sign Parramatta Eels hooker Reed Mahoney over a private dinner at a Chinese restaurant on Tuesday night.

The Daily Telegraph has obtained footage from the Dynasty restaurant inside Canterbury Leagues Club where the club’s heaviest hitters met with Mahoney, who comes off contract after next season.

Bulldogs head coach Trent Barrett was at the meeting along with general manager of football, Phil Gould, club chairman, John Khoury along with Mahoney and his manager, Sam Ayoub.

Before dinner, Mahoney was given a tour of the Bulldogs’ facilities at Belmore Sports Ground.

Mahoney told Canterbury officials he was impressed with the facilities and would make a decision within the next fortnight.

The hooker was upfront with the Bulldogs, telling them he wanted to speak with Parramatta before finalising his decision.

Mahoney, already linked to Brisbane, Gold Coast and the Dolphins, is free to officially explore his options for 2023 given he comes off contract after next season.

Dogs are back and hungry to right recent wrongs
-Dean Ritchie

In sticky 24C temperatures on Wednesday, Canterbury became the first NRL club to start training for the 2022 season. And most would agree the Bulldogs should be first back given they ran last this year.

Even new recruit Max King spoke about wanting to help “restore some pride in the jersey”.

High-profile signing Paul Vaughan was among a group of NRL players, including King, Corey Allan, Jake Averillo, Josh Cook, Jayden Okunbor, Aaron Schoupp, Jackson Topine, Zac Hetherington, Bailey Biondo-Odo, Matt Doorey and Brandon Wakeham, to step out for off-season training on Wednesday.

Players underwent morning screen tests before a gym and wrestle session followed by an afternoon field session. Rookie Bulldog players — along with train-and-trialists – returned to training on Monday.

“I’m just trying to be the best player I can be,” King said. “I feel like it’s been a great match for me coming here because the club’s in that sort of rebuilding stage where they want to put a bit more pride in the jersey. I’m in that stage in my career where I’m hungry to help build the club into that.

“That is one thing that, you know, such a historic club, I’m eager to learn more about that history. Terry Lamb was a bit young for me but I remember it being Willie Mason and Sonny Bill, Steve Price and watching James Graham. But yeah, it is a power club.

“It’s a proud, hardworking club. And I’m sure the club would be the first one to say it’s probably gone away from that over the last couple of years, and that’s probably something it’s aiming to work towards. And, yeah, sort of restore a bit of pride in the jersey.”

Expectations continue to soar at Belmore after an amazing recruitment drive which netted Vaughan, Matt Dufty, Matt Burton, King, Josh Cook, John Asiata, Brent Naden, Braidon Burns, Tevita Pangai and Josh Addo-Carr.

“There is a heap of optimism in and around the club this coming season. They have bought unbelievably well and I guess with that expectations will increase,” Bulldogs great David ‘Cement’ Gillespie said.

“The club has endured a few lean seasons but you can feel the fans are getting their confidence back due to the improved roster.

“Addo-Carr will be huge, as will Burton and Pangai. I reckon Canterbury has easily been the most active and successful club in the open market. Success may not come instantly but I think this is certainly a top eight side. And that’s what the loyal fans deserve.

“Canterbury has such a long and proud history and it hurts everybody to see them on the bottom. Having Gus (Gould) there is also huge for the Bulldogs.”

The mainstays of Canterbury’s top 30 for next season will return on November 17 before the new buys who competed in the 2021 finals — Naden, Burton, Pangai and Addo-Carr – start in early December.

Canterbury won just three games this year and finished last while claiming only three matches in 20202. That equates to a modest six wins in the past 44 games for a win ratio of 13.6 per cent.

Bulldogs CEO Aaron Warburton is understandably upbeat heading into the season.

“There is a really positive vibe around the club at the moment and everyone has bought into what we are trying to achieve this year,” Warburton said.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Instagram follow isn't recent btw (I saw someone post this earlier).

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bloke could be a troll as he has Hayne as a logo lol. No idea his membership history (time there and post as not member)