Fox Sports Dogs sign Patrick Young

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What was that Parra/dogs dud that was supposed to be the next SBW?
BAHAHAHA Karl Filiga

Cronulla forked out a whopping $600,000 deal over three years.

The prodigious New Zealand-born talent managed to play only one game for the Sharks in three years.

It was estimated that Filiga’s 11-minute NRL career cost Cronulla $20,000 a minute.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
similar prototype to Cameron Murray might also mean he's pretty small for a forward. Big disadvantage

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The next Brad Fittler - Anasta
The next Alfie Langer - Sandow
The next Gorden Tallis - Thaiday
The Next SBW - Filliga Filiga
The next Andrew Johns - Brooks

These players never go close to the player that they're being compared too...
No the next SBW wasn’t Filliga Filliga he was a small outside back… the player you are thinking of is Karl McNicol who changed his name to Karl Filliga when he signed with the Sharks after they poached him from us back in the mid 2000s.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
350F80E0-AE37-42CF-AA28-43555E631019.jpegGot ranked 13th in Top 50 schoolboys in the country. Has a development deal starting next year with the Dogs. Mitchell Woods ranked 12th in the list and Dogs contracted Logan Spinks ranked 40th

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 75228Got ranked 13th in Top 50 schoolboys in the country. Has a development deal starting next year with the Dogs. Mitchell Woods ranked 12th in the list and Dogs contracted Logan Spinks ranked 40th
Hopefully we haven't lost Mitchell Woods to the Swans. But generally AFL clubs offer more for junior players and he obviously excels in Aussie Rules and likes it so good luck to him if that's where he ends up..

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully we haven't lost Mitchell Woods to the Swans. But generally AFL clubs offer more for junior players and he obviously excels in Aussie Rules and likes it so good luck to him if that's where he ends up..
Going off his socials suggests differ tbh. It’s all league and union posts and stories and a lot of dogs plus family also supports the bulldogs. Not a single post about AFL.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Going off his socials suggests differ tbh. It’s all league and union posts and stories and a lot of dogs plus family also supports the bulldogs. Not a single post about AFL.
I hate to break it to you, I got told recently he is more passionate towards AFL, and most likely a deal close or is done to the swans,

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hate to beak it to you, I got told recently he is more passionate towards AFL, and most likely a deal close or is done to the swans,
Yeah I'm resigned to that. Hope it's not true as he looks more skilful and has better vision and instincts than most young halves

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Wasn’t his old man a prop forward in union

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus is getting all the best juniors in the country our future is sweet. The smirk Gus always has says it all the guys playing a long game of chest but in the end we all win.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was speaking to bulldogs recruitment staff sorry to say they are afl family and family are from Melbourne they said they have done everything in there power to keep him but his love for afl could take him away from rugby league the was what I got from one of the main recruitment staff

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No the next SBW wasn’t Filliga Filliga he was a small outside back… the player you are thinking of is Karl McNicol who changed his name to Karl Filliga when he signed with the Sharks after they poached him from us back in the mid 2000s.
He change name Filliga Filliga now plays for cheso I think

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I'm resigned to that. Hope it's not true as he looks more skilful and has better vision and instincts than most young halves
I can confirm that he is regarded as our next superstar halfback, it would be a shame if we lose him :(

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was speaking to bulldogs recruitment staff sorry to say they are afl family and family are from Melbourne they said they have done everything in there power to keep him but his love for afl could take him away from rugby league the was what I got from one of the main recruitment staff
Spot on.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn’t he be better to crack it at league then get his manager to go to the AFL and launch a raid on Rugby League and sign for a lot more. Sort of like Israel

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah but what about Patrick.