Dogs set to entertain in Penrith

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
Canterbury flyer Steve Turner is anticipating an expansive game on Saturday night against his former side Penrith.

The Bulldogs go into the Panthers clash confident after a much-needed NRL win over Wests Tigers.

And Turner admits the 16-6 victory over the Tigers, which prevented three straight losses for the Bulldogs, wasn't pretty but the effort has given the side a boost ahead of the clash at Centrebet Stadium.

"It certainly was nice to be back in the winners' circle and it certainly was a tough month for the club and the playing group," he said on Friday.

"We just sat down last week and got back to basics and I think we did that really well last Friday night.

"It wasn't the prettiest of wins but, hopefully, we can build on that this week."

The Penrith junior was impressed with his former club's last-start win over the Cowboys in caretaker coach Steve Georgallis' first game in charge.

"Last week, they really embraced Steve being on board and with Ivan (Cleary) coming there next year, I'm sure the players will want to finish off well for Steve this year," Turner said.

"I'd like to think there's going to be a few points scored and obviously last week we won ugly but, hopefully, we can build on that and put some plays on and score a few points."

There has been plenty of points scored in recent clashes between the two sides, with the Panthers beating the Dogs twice last year 24-18 and 31-16.

C

chipandchase

id love to see them throw it around instead of the one out plays and inside balls all game

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
To be entertaining you need to be able to pass the ball. I have seen no evidence that Keating can pass to his left. That's one problem. The other is second phase play. Last week was the first time we got some second phase play all season. We need Keating/Hodkinson to be able to roll the ball into the goal area for a new set of six and some offloads by our forwards.

We showed last week we are capable of it. Lets hope it wasn't a fluke.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to see more of an Up In Their Face style defence instead of sliding and running backwards. Cronulla ate up so much yardage because of this a couple of weeks ago.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well I hope this comment comes from a genuine feeling within the team and club but as usual talk is cheap and lets work on playing for a solid 80 minutes first and build some momentum up.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The irony was Hodgson got the majority of the second phase play going.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Wasn't aware that Turner was a Panther.
Roberts will help the expansive game, and i hope Morris finds some form.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't aware that Turner was a Panther.
Roberts will help the expansive game, and i hope Morris finds some form.
yeah poor turner

couldnt good a look in behind wesser at panthers

couldnt get a look in behind slater at the storm

couldnt get a look in behind barba now at the doggies lol

Destined never to play FB

triplex11

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would enjoy to see Barba get 4 tries over the line. Would do fantasy points nicely haha

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
would love a win, would love it more if it were by 17 or more ;-)

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Entertain....what with, a RED face and I don't think it was painted on!!!!

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What, do you mean to say you weren't entertained Sull?

Status
Not open for further replies.