Dogs predicted R1 lineup

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay must think Jacko is more valuable on the edge and he has been threatening of late, gained a yard of speed and his ball playing improved. Elliot has that work ethic and passion Dean fancies.

I personally have always thought Jackson has the attributes to be a really great lock and would like to see him there in the future, but right now he is also our best second rower.

It's a tasty thought though KLil I must admit. I would be very happy with this too:
11. CHN
12. RFM
13. Jackson
Any supporter, regardless of which team they follow would love that.

Your right when you say his gained speed and his ball control is phenomenal these days and how about kicking?? But here's one more to do your head in. Imagine Jacko's speed and skill through the middle instead of Elliot's erratic bumbling hands and CHN/RFM own the edges? Not to mention how tight it would become in the middle...

11. CHN
12. RFM
13. JJ interchange for a short stint with Elliot who ain't the best under fatigue anyway.

No brainer.

Then again its a rebuilding year anyway... Damn Off season is a killer lol

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

Your right when you say his gained speed and his ball control is phenomenal these days and how about kicking?? But here's one more to do your head in. Imagine Jacko's speed and skill through the middle instead of Elliot's erratic bumbling hands and CHN/RFM own the edges? Not to mention how tight it would become in the middle...

11. CHN
12. RFM
13. JJ interchange for a short stint with Elliot who ain't the best under fatigue anyway.

No brainer.

Yeah that back row has me pumped tbh. A great trio.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Rugby League Club
Phone:
02 9789 8000

Tell him I sent ya!
I live a stones throw away from headquarters, I think I might have to PAY him a visit. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree u dont bring a backrower in on 700 000 a season to drink water and watch.
Find it very hard to believe CHN is on anywhere close to 700. He was probably on very little at Penrith and with him getting the security of a 4 year deal we would have got a better price overall. I’d be surprised if he is on more than 300.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CHN can defend and If you didn't notice RFM played next to Foran in the trial for D. Did ok too which surprised me but I think its was mainly because he wanted to prove he wanted his spot, Hope the guy don't get complacent once he gets it.

As well if you sure up the middle even more with JJ there it saves your line from getting bent which means there is less stress on your outside backs to move in.
That means much easier to defend against shift plays for this vulnerable backline.
I think the key words in your post is "vulnerable backline". Thats why JJ must play out wide.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Most on here pick RFM, I wouldn't have him in the team, runs around like a chook with its head cut off. Martin has to be in the team, if only for his goal-kicking. Also Chris Smith should at least be on the bench, runs good angles. Ogden is our future, but I don't know about Elliott. We will surprise a lot of people this year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the key words in your post is "vulnerable backline". Thats why JJ must play out wide.
You quickly forgot what happened last yr didn't you.. we got bent like bandaids and our outside men got owned.

I really don't think we lose that much with chn takin over Jacko but gain plenty with Jacko in the middle..

Imagine we had a lock like trbovic.. oh fcuk we do but we play him out wide!

Ridic.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
On a positive note, I'm backing Holland to be one of the top centers in 2019

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

11. CHN
12. RFM

No brainer.

Why put a mobile player in the middle where traffic is heavy and not much space? Hes not that big either and he would have to make more tackles against big men in the middle.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why put a mobile player in the middle where traffic is heavy and not much space? Hes not that big either and he would have to make more tackles against big men in the middle.
Jacko is probably in the top 5 best tacklers in the game and your worried about his defence? If anything his speed and skill in the middle against bigger bodies is another string to our bow. CHN and RFM well do enough damage for us on the edges... not to worry.

My logic is this, why not run with the most balanced backrow you have on offer for 1 player who would do excellent in his "not" preferred position.

I know I don't want him to burn out either but its hard to go past that back row..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Standard Warriors fade out today in their trial... hope to see the same in round 1

I'd be pretty concerned if I was a Tigers fan... sure it's only a trial, but with the bulk of a first grade team, they looked like absolute shite

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Standard Warriors fade out today in their trial... hope to see the same in round 1

I'd be pretty concerned if I was a Tigers fan... sure it's only a trial, but with the bulk of a first grade team, they looked like absolute shite
They did look like crap the tigers. Had nothing in attack very ordinary. Moses just as ordinary.