Dogs not bred winners after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it tossers like these who make me want to become a journalist even more!

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if the Roosters are not simply about continuingly poaching the latest superstar that comes off contract (if then - Mason, Chris Walker etc.), why have they not been able to develop what was the best Jersey Flegg side in recent memory (theirs in '04) into good/great first grade players?

in '01, the Bulldogs were JF premiers and those players have become superstars since - Thurston, Utai, Asotasi, Harris, Elsom etc.

names like Soward, Moke, Hopoate, Ale etc. look more likely to become "never weres" than "greats"

my point is that in '04, the Roosters JF team were undefeated premiers, their PL team were premiers as well (i think), and their FG just made their 3rd straight GF... and yet, the Roosters FG team has not played finals football since

maybe Politis should have thought about creating a team instead of just importing someone elses

i do not remember the Dogs team, club or fans ever claim that the team was made up of players from the Canterbury-Bankstown-Belmore area exclusively... but players like Thurston (Toowomba), Asotasi (Auckland), Mason (Newcastle), Harris (Taree), SBW (Auckland), Price (Toowomba) etc. were spotted young as having potential and brought to the club and developed into the type of players that rival clubs would poach later on

a totally different situation from targeting off contract superstars who are already premiership winners, Origin and Test stars etc.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
we breed rugby league superstars, we did not say we breed human beings from a f-ing embryo ffs.

These guys have potential and we help them realise it and become representative players.

Why does common sense evade journalists and Rooster supporters so easily?

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
i could read this all day haha! :D

discuss
They are so obsessed with the status of a player that they were willing to let Williams go so they could secure Mason's signature. They don't care about how much time they put into a player. If they see a better option they'll dump them in a second. Lewis and Soward last year for example. I don't understand why they did that except they must have had salary cap pressure. They put all their eggs in one basket and went with Pearce. All clubs let players go but Roosters are clinical about it.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Honstly that journo can get fked, who in the world any club in the world has only players born in that city........ lol NONE its about making superstars you can't choose where their born but you can choose how they turn out superstar or useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.