Dogs not bred winners after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
What is most amusing is that the author didn't have the balls to put his name to the article.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
look up the top of the article

its jamie and that other *** at the SMH

A

A_C

The so called journalist if you call them that has taken this saying way too literally. Maybe he should look at the careers of these guys and see really how "established" they were. If i recall correctly shrek was struggling, and andrew ryan was the last "established" star. When was the last time canterbury bought a CONSISTENT origin/international rep star? Or was it that when they came over to us, thier footy increased ten fold and got them position cemented on a regular basis.

As for mason, myles, anasta etc coming from other areas - canterbury bought them before they hit the big time, canterbury made them the rep stars they are.

Roosters on the other hand pay OVERS for our established stars and yet manage to fit them under the cap. I think they really do believe themselves when they say mini is still earning 150k a season.

Maybe we should have made shirts which said MADE NOT PAID. Alternatively maybe a journalist should use his brains once in a while.

A

A_C

Golden boot winners produced by Roosters juniors - 1
Golden boot winners produced by Bulldogs juniors - 0

I rest my case.
If you got off the logic of that article - MINI is not a rooster junior as he came from Liverpool.

I rest my case.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
we

got

owned.

BUT i dont care cos we're still better than the roosters so ner.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, I think they should ask the bulldogs what they mean cause they obviously missed the point entirely LMFAO. Bulldogs are similair to the broncos they rarely go buy current australian test players (in fact b4 this year they had never bought anything besides total nonames) They buy players YES but not superstars (rarely i say) they make superstars instead like the bulldogs, whereas the roosters buy superstars
thats exactly right and I bet they wouldn't print that arguement....we make em Rorters buy em!!!

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ogre and ryan played what...2 or 3 origin games...pssht we didnt buy them for 350 or 400 k...so **** off to this journo

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROFL what a joke of an article. What a no-brain imbecile.

No one said they're all our local juniors you dyslexic excuse for a journalist.

"Bred not Bought" means people that come to our club become stars when previously they were relatively unknown.

But this is just a deliberate article to psyche us all up, they know well they've missed the point. They've done so purposefully. All in the build-up for Fridays game.

But still, they can suck a ****

Bulldogs_Mania

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who cares wat they say obvioulsy they dont know wat it means

its just trying to stir more ****

and its not going to stop any fan from wearing that shirt or making posters saying that

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
all the players that came to the bulldogs or where juniors where nobodies that became somebodies (on the footy field)

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Someone email this dumb ass and explain to him its the fact we get no name players and make them great rather than buying established players like the roosters do.

WIth a last name like Pandaram perhaps he should stick to writing about cricket and chuckers from India.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
They just dont get it these journos. The players we bought struggled or were no names at other teams and hence we make them into big name players. Boo hoo big Artie, the world doesnt revolve around the roosters.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
we

got

owned.

BUT i dont care cos we're still better than the roosters so ner.
we didnt get owned... its just plain stupid journalism without any credability.

This journo has no idea what we meant by 'Bred not Bought'

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone audit these Rorter aholes, they are making a mockery of the salery cap!!! look at our line-up...look at the Tigers line-up, look at Canberra's line-up!...the Rorters are over the cap...get on them for the wooden spoon after being busted in 08

We make em Rorters buy em....

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Bottom line: Bulldogs MAKE stars, Roosters BUY stars

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Golden boot winners produced by Roosters juniors - 1
Golden boot winners produced by Bulldogs juniors - 0

I rest my case.
lol

Times in the past three years that Bulldogs have made the Finals - 2

Times in the past three years Roosters have made the Finals - 0

R

rooster.man

lol

Times in the past three years that Bulldogs have made the Finals - 2

Times in the past three years Roosters have made the Finals - 0
Mate, we all know that Roosters juniors are the most sought after in the world. That's why Ryan Cross was given the big bucks to play for the Farce with the toffs, that's why Mini won the Golden Boot, that's why Ricko flopped his junk out posed nude for Cleo and that's why Danny Williams is currently pretending he dropped the soap in the Doggies showers.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They claim they produce their own talent but the Bulldogs' pedigree is not what it seems, write Andrew Stevenson and Jamie Pandaram.

Bred not bought, huh? So says the Dogs army on T-shirts extolling the virtues of carefully tending the garden to nurture local products through the NRL ranks.

Well they would say that, wouldn't they? And the proof of the pudding is in the opposition's jumpers, with four former Bulldogs hiding blue-and-white hearts beneath their new Roosters tri-colours.

What price loyalty? What price indeed? First Braith Anasta, then Mark O'Meley, Nate Myles and now, the one that really hurts, Willie Mason, packed their bags for the east, swapping baclava and turkish coffee for flat whites and friands by the beach.

Yeah, right. Look at those four for starters. Anasta was a Souths junior whose pathway to the top was blocked by the Rabbitohs being excluded from the competition, O'Meley came to the club not only an established first-grader but an Origin star, Willie Mason hopped the train from Toronto, while Myles flew in from far North Queensland.

They may have growled like Bulldogs but they only stayed in the Kennel because they liked the food and, when they got cut back to dried rations or they didn't like the way the handlers rattled the chains, they walked: Kennel no more.

Which is not to say Belmore doesn't provide a career-defining domestic environment which wraps up players and teaches them how to play good, hard footy. Just that - like any success-oriented league club - they don't care much where the players come from. It's the results they can get out of them that count.

Of the players that remain, Hazem El Masri is one of the few who could have made his way to Belmore Oval for training the first time without recourse to a street directory. Modern recruits favour GPS navigation systems.

Captain Andrew Ryan, a dour and larger incarnation of coach Steve Folkes, talks as if he's been at Belmore all his life. But it's not just Belmore boys who talk without opening their lips much - Dubbo boys do it too, a habit Ryan didn't shake during three years at Parramatta.

Other Bulldogs fully acquainted with the Eels team song are Willie Tonga (originally from Cherbourg in Central Queensland) and Chris Armit. Front-rower Kane Cleal, who previously played with Manly and Souths, is one of those modern players who has to wait until a couple of lines have been sung of the Dogs song before jumping in for the chorus.

"It's just like the Dogs, they're always taking a swipe," said Arthur Beetson, the former Roosters player, coach and later recruitment manager. "We're no different to any other club.

"A fallacy is that there are a lot of kids coming over from New Zealand aged 14 or 15 with their families, signed by clubs, and they play in the area and they're considered local juniors. I can tell you that we tried to sign Willie and Braith before they went to the Bulldogs but this was all around the time they rorted the salary cap and we couldn't compete with the money they were throwing at them.

"We would love to have all juniors, but like everyone else we are trying to find the best players."

The trend will continue. Only seven of the Roosters' 20 National Youth Competition players played for local junior clubs, with most scouted from Queensland or country NSW.

More surprisingly, only six of the Bulldogs' NYC players were members of junior clubs in the area, with the majority lured from surrounding Sydney suburbs. Gone are the days when St Christopher's and East Hills juniors make up much of the Dogs' representative sides.

Talent scouts are hunting far and wide, and the talents are travelling further for the chance to play at the top level, no matter which team. Pretty soon, that T-shirt will be meaningless.

Where did this weekend's Bulldogs first team come from?
Luke Patten (Dragons)

Hazem El Masri (local junior)

Tim Winitana (local junior)

Willie Tonga (Eels)

Heka Nanai (local junior)

Ben Roberts (Tigers)

Daniel Holdsworth (Dragons)

Jarrad Hickey (local junior)

Corey Hughes (local junior)

Kane Cleal (Souths)

Sonny Bill Williams (Auckland Marist)

Andrew Ryan (Eels)

Lee Te Maari (Dragons)

Interchange:Chris Armit (Eels)

Brad Morrin (local junior)

Danny Williams (Roosters)

Michael Sullivan (Warrington)

weird article :S... u cant find any teams that have juniors from when there young. When we say Born not bred, are we meaning born in the bulldogs area i.e. canterbury bankstown or are we talking about Canterbury being their starting point in their career/turning point?

complete idiot!!

u just shot urself in ur own foot u COCK!

who was patten, or tonga or even holddworth

we bred them!!
UR A FUKEN IDIOT

Status
Not open for further replies.