Dogs most hyped rookie since SBW ready to prove he belongs in the NRL

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he’s picked up a bit of speed. I remember in the trial against Knights he picked up a loose ball and had a big run. Looked like he was on the treadmill.
It did look a bit slow motion but I watched that a few times and Dominic Young, who was chasing, made no ground on him. A quick halfback came across and got Alomoti but the winger wasn’t gonna get him. He’s not express but I don’t think pace is an issue.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t think he is ready for first grade but I might be wrong. Looks good playing against kids his own age but had a couple of injuries that didn’t allow him to display his best.

There are 2 open centre spots after the departure of Schoupp. And his competition is burns and averillo. It’s his spot to claim even though I think he is probably a year away from being ready.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It did look a bit slow motion but I watched that a few times and Dominic Young, who was chasing, made no ground on him. A quick halfback came across and got Alomoti but the winger wasn’t gonna get him. He’s not express but I don’t think pace is an issue.
I agree, he’s not slow… he’s not the Fox either - but -he’s certainly not slow. Must consider a few points on that infamous ball he picked up and raced up the touch line only to be tackled short of the try line:
1. He was 17 or 18 yo, body not yet fully developed
2. He had to bend over to pick up the grounded ball which slowed him up - dissimilar to an interception at pace
3. The bulldogs were in the midst of defending a set, stamina was compromised to some level.
4. He’s a hard running centre, centres aren’t generally gifted with Fox level speed unless your name is Bronson Xerri.

I think he’ll have a terrific year, looking forward to seeing him reach full potential

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It looked slow and wasn't an illusion. I put it down to low fitness at the time and he just wasn't quick, not expecting him to add much more pace but will get much fitter. A centre can get away with not being the quickest if they're smart and strong

Jo3mamma

New Pup
Reaction score
It's like every article from DT is taking shots at our club.
I remember Jamal as a kid breaking records at Bankstown athletics too when his older brother was looking like a future star too.
If a kid plays in our junior pathways then that's all that matters. What input does a club have on a kid’s development before they are 16 anyway?
He grew up in Sydney and did little athletics at Bankstown sports for many years until he moved to Foster with his mum but then moved back to Sydney with his dad to continue his footy career. He's a Bulldogs junior.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do players have to be popped out on the halfway line at Belmore during the halftime break of a dogs game to satisfy the Terrorgraph's definition of local junior?
After being conceived in an in-goal area….

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Local rookie seems a bit of a stretch if you define purely based it as a rookie that is from where your club is situated.

If you take someone like Lionel Messi as an example, he clearly is a Barcelona product despite being originally from Argentina. I'd define a local rookie as someone that actually went through the 'Dogs system from a fairly early age. That is a talent is scouted, goes through your SG Ball or Jersey Flegg side and debuts for you, anything else just skews the results to clubs like the Panthers or Broncos who have a much bigger pool than any other club
Interesting, Riverwood is half Canterbury and half St. George. So if he's from north of Truman or Josephine Street - he's a local.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m curious to find out why he’s been shifted to the left. Is it so that Fox helps him out in defence? From all the highlights I have seen Alamoti has been a right sided player with a right hand flick pass (Matt Gidley style). Be interesting to find out why the shift to the left

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m curious to find out why he’s been shifted to the left. Is it so that Fox helps him out in defence? From all the highlights I have seen Alamoti has been a right sided player with a right hand flick pass (Matt Gidley style). Be interesting to find out why the shift to the left
My guess is Gus getting him surrounded my Kikau and Jac.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
alot of the league players look big online or a photo on the net but not big in real life

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hel be even better when he switches to his favoured right side

as mentioned earlier
He is being nurtured into fg on the left centre position