Dogs hunting Brett Stewart...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id take him in a heartbeat with the way things are panning out. Plus he has been injury free all year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Id take him in a heartbeat with the way things are panning out. Plus he has been injury free all year.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand he's gone! Lol he will be injured on Friday

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
If this is true, I see it as a good thing. He is still a quality fullback, solid in defence, reads the game well and is great under the high ball. Even at the wrong end of his career, I think he would be perfect for us at this present point in time and from what is available. Two years will allow us to either groom a replacement (Stewart can help with this) or secure talent from another club. So many times this season I have seen Eastwood, Kasiano, T Rex, Graham, and others looking to offload late in a tackle and there is no one there in support. Stewart ticks all the boxes and would add so much more than our current rotation of one dimensional fullbacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I really wish the media would stop flogging this dead horse, open their eyes, and realise that..

BRETT STEWART IS SIGNED TILL THE END OF 2016 AND WILL NOT GET A RELEASE..

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hhhmmm terry lamb predicted we sign Stewart during origin so maybe he knew something then? At this stage I don't mind because he is a lot better then what we have.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
According to reports, Stewarts career remains in grave doubt and is unforgivable about what happened to hia brother. He fits perfectly under his old coach at the dogs and is apparently on the hunt again

Thoughts?
Stewart will stay with Manly
Beale will stay with Rugby
Hayne will resign with Parra
Perrett will continue to be our fullback

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this seruiously the best the club can do after 1.5 years? Good player but at wrong end of his career
You could do a lot worse than Rolf Harris' son, IMO.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If it comes down to B Stewart or Perrett (doing his best but he is a bloody winger the last 10 years) then I'd take B Stewart for 2-3 years.

B Stewart, Perrett, Morris, Lafai, Rona with Thompson, Loko, Stanley fighting it out is quiet nice.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can't believe people think this is actually a chance.

Unless Stewart does a Barba he's at Manly for 2 more seasons, and there is NO way the club would release him to another NRL club. The club stuck by him during the court case.

OH and anyone remember "Be Manly don't be a Dog".

Do you want someone who dislikes the team, playing for us?

Bulldogs will continue to struggle.
Club will wonder why membership numbers are down.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I no longer care for the round and round again talk of the bulldogs FB to replace the rat. Sign someone so I can forget the BS. We would have to be the worst club in history to lure proven talent. The best of everything plus $$$ hasn't been good enough for countless FB's now...................this is soooo boring.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can't believe people think this is actually a chance.

Unless Stewart does a Barba he's at Manly for 2 more seasons, and there is NO way the club would release him to another NRL club. The club stuck by him during the court case.

OH and anyone remember "Be Manly don't be a Dog".

Do you want someone who dislikes the team, playing for us?

Bulldogs will continue to struggle.
Club will wonder why membership numbers are down.
I do agree with this.

I think there is little chance, though I am also not going to be suprised if he does bail after the sh1t with his brother.

Only reason I'd see Manly doing so is with Hiku, Gutherson and the chance to retain DCE/Foran.

Malla

Reaction score
I would take him. Templmen is still a couple years off first grade. Stewart probably only has 2-3 years left in him. Plus, he will do a lot for the development of Templmen.

Malla

Reaction score
I do agree with this.

I think there is little chance, though I am also not going to be suprised if he does bail after the sh1t with his brother.

Only reason I'd see Manly doing so is with Hiku, Gutherson and the chance to retain DCE/Foran.
Gutherson is their future fullback. Hiku apparently is the centre in waiting for Lyons retirement although Lyons might have to play a couple more years if Matai gets released to go Warriors.

Manly are so blessed with backs.

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really hope not...we need a proper fullback

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would take him. Templmen is still a couple years off first grade. Stewart probably only has 2-3 years left in him. Plus, he will do a lot for the development of Templmen.
Spot on

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mr i u are 100% correct but there are signs that manly would consider releasing him if he wants to go. Once dce and foran get their upgrade i think stewart may be allowed to reluctantly leave. All this will occur after manly win the gf again and the dogs will pounce 1 week later ala des and 2011!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rumors again. I cant wait for a trumor for once.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why don't we undercut them and make Gutherson an offer then?

They can keep Stewart!

Status
Not open for further replies.