Dogs hunting Brett Stewart...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
According to reports, Stewarts career remains in grave doubt and is unforgivable about what happened to hia brother. He fits perfectly under his old coach at the dogs and is apparently on the hunt again

Thoughts?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thoughts are today alone we have heard stewart beale and hayne linked

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
and we will likely land none

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well we need a quality fullback guys and you guys dont think we will sign any of them?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing is, yes I think Stewart is an awesome fullback and would love him at the dogs, but the. In 2 years time we are back to where we are now, looking of another fullback, and then what?

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thers like 100 threa like this already, no more threads please till we actually sign someone ffs

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
des said 2 weeks ago or so that hes not after b stewart

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take him for two years tbh. Have him train up Templeman, in two years time once Stewart retires, templeman will be ready.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personally think he's exactly what we need.

Great in attack, great in defense and is also a proven multiple premiership winning Fullback.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is exactly what we need. 2 years would be perfect.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You think if Templeman was to actually make it, he'd want to wait another 2 years. These 20's stars don't know patience. They want it all now. He could sit here and wait 2 years and play NSW Cup for minimum contract or get a contract worth considerably more and play firsts and kill it or be found out.

It would be hard for him to sit back and see a club like Wests Tigers give younger guys like Moses and Brooks a run and wonder why he hasn't progressed like them. I think next year we'll see what Templeman has whether it's with us or not.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
zzzzzzzz im over this fb talk.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You think if Templeman was to actually make it, he'd want to wait another 2 years. These 20's stars don't know patience. They want it all now. He could sit here and wait 2 years and play NSW Cup for minimum contract or get a contract worth considerably more and play firsts and kill it or be found out.

It would be hard for him to sit back and see a club like Wests Tigers give younger guys like Moses and Brooks a run and wonder why he hasn't progressed like them. I think next year we'll see what Templeman has whether it's with us or not.
Unlike them tigers boys, Templeton has not been setting the world on fire in Reggie's from all reports,

Sounds like he barely good enough to hold a spot in 2nd grade let alone get a start in any nrl team.
He needs to be killing it in Reggie's to be considered for the step up,

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's what is so hard, do you let these guys just jump into first grade or do you make them force their way in through dominant performances in reserve grade? Do players deserve to be in first grade by reputation or by performances? I'm going to assume hasler is the type of coach that would tell his players "Make me pick you in my starting team"

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He can wait and develop his game and body in NSW Cup or he can go to another club and play in NSW Cup once again since all NRL clubs are set in the fullback department except the Raiders.

He can go to the Raiders and achieve nothing

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd prefer he take the hard way and develop and earn a first grade spot however, I wouldn't begrudge anyone leaving for more money and opportunity. Templeman goes, someone takes his place.

There is ALWAYS someone else.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is this seruiously the best the club can do after 1.5 years? Good player but at wrong end of his career

Status
Not open for further replies.