News 'Dogs gave me a purpose': Xerri grateful for second chance

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Son, you really need to calm your self. No one is making excuses for the young fella and no one is glorifying drug cheats. But we all deserve a second chance in life. There will be a time that maybe you or one of your dearest will need that too.
So if you are serious with your criticism please consider the above and if you are just trolling then go fuk your self.
Exactly! And well said mate.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Son, you really need to calm your self. No one is making excuses for the young fella and no one is glorifying drug cheats. But we all deserve a second chance in life. There will be a time that maybe you or one of your dearest will need that too.
So if you are serious with your criticism please consider the above and if you are just trolling then go fuk your self.
I wouldn’t worry about negative Nancy mate. She doesn’t leave the house & will boo Santa Claus in a couple of weeks. The same people pushing to sign the most hated player in the game and a wife basher have their panties in a knot about signing a young bloke who was so naive & competitive that he took roids to return quicker from injury for his team. The kennel is a strange place

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gripes with the Xerri signing @TheSexDogs

1) We didn't need to sign him to a 2yr deal there was zero market interest in him we could have given him 1yr deal or train & trial deal. If he doesn't make it back successfully we are still in the cycle of turning over contracted players. We aren't in a position to make massive risks with roster space having made mistakes before and after July 2021 with NRL recruitment.
2) We abandon 2 local juniors 19 & 23 both have come through our systems both with best years still in front of then. Alamoti was identified as a player of the future at 12yrs of age. Spat out so quickly. Averillo has been a shining light either side of Barrett coaching.
3) Centre wasn't a position we really needed to target for signing players and making massive roster changes.
4) We don't have a good record with NRL coaching and preparation. We have loads of juniors and strong in the lower grades. The coaching at NRL and development at NRL has let them down. Xerri will require a lot of work.

I'm not so bothered by the drugs thing as he's done his time. Although the club says they sign good individuals and good characters.
@Flanagun @04 Dreaming

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about negative Nancy mate. She doesn’t leave the house & will boo Santa Claus in a couple of weeks. The same people pushing to sign the most hated player in the game and a wife basher have their panties in a knot about signing a young bloke who was so naive & competitive that he took roids to return quicker from injury for his team. The kennel is a strange place
Great point.. AFB's situation with his girlfriend gets glossed over by most NRL fans.. And Luai is as unlikeable as it gets.. Good to have you back man.. I didn't realise you were banned til a week ago..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Great point.. AFB's situation with his girlfriend gets glossed over by most NRL fans.. And Luai is as unlikeable as it gets.. Good to have you back man.. I didn't realise you were banned til a week ago..
Cheers mate! Apparently the resident hall monitor was offended on someone else’s behalf & reported my comment haha

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Are you going to change your username to Dylan Napa then if you’re the red ranga?
Whole club has been taking a Napa for the past seven years lol.

Remember when everyone was excited by his signing and thought we'd found an enforcer who was better than Klemmer? Fun times

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was banned? I can only guess who called for it like always ...

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gripes with the Xerri signing @TheSexDogs

1) We didn't need to sign him to a 2yr deal there was zero market interest in him we could have given him 1yr deal or train & trial deal. If he doesn't make it back successfully we are still in the cycle of turning over contracted players. We aren't in a position to make massive risks with roster space having made mistakes before and after July 2021 with NRL recruitment.
2) We abandon 2 local juniors 19 & 23 both have come through our systems both with best years still in front of then. Alamoti was identified as a player of the future at 12yrs of age. Spat out so quickly. Averillo has been a shining light either side of Barrett coaching.
3) Centre wasn't a position we really needed to target for signing players and making massive roster changes.
4) We don't have a good record with NRL coaching and preparation. We have loads of juniors and strong in the lower grades. The coaching at NRL and development at NRL has let them down. Xerri will require a lot of work.

I'm not so bothered by the drugs thing as he's done his time. Although the club says they sign good individuals and good characters.
@Flanagun @04 Dreaming
Totally agree. The fact we spat out 2 of our best young home grown jnrs and replaced them with Xerri really irks me and I can see it backfiring big time. Averillo will light the comp up at the dolphins and alamoti will come good. Might not be next yr but he will come good and be very good

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree. The fact we spat out 2 of our best young home grown jnrs and replaced them with Xerri really irks me and I can see it backfiring big time. Averillo will light the comp up at the dolphins and alamoti will come good. Might not be next yr but he will come good and be very good
@04 Dreaming If Xerri was a prop or game managing halfback you virtually say worth the gamble. To not offer two local juniors with many years ahead of them new deals and boast about development, pathways and rebuild doesn't pass the basic test unless you're totally and utterly deluded. Averillo at 23 and 78 games is about to hit the peak years. We did the hard work. Messed around his position. He started off good, struggled under Barrett, came through the other side under Potter and only player to improve under Ciraldo now gone. Alamoti is a kid only 19. Identified around the time he was 12 or 13. He was the pathways, juniors and development signing we as a club boasted about. Politis went to sign him in 2021. The drugs thing doesn't worry me he's done his time. It's being a club about rebuild, pathways, development and juniors though do the opposite.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming If Xerri was a prop or game managing halfback you virtually say worth the gamble. To not offer two local juniors with many years ahead of them new deals and boast about development, pathways and rebuild doesn't pass the basic test unless you're totally and utterly deluded. Averillo at 23 and 78 games is about to hit the peak years. We did the hard work. Messed around his position. He started off good, struggled under Barrett, came through the other side under Potter and only player to improve under Ciraldo now gone. Alamoti is a kid only 19. Identified around the time he was 12 or 13. He was the pathways, juniors and development signing we as a club boasted about. Politis went to sign him in 2021. The drugs thing doesn't worry me he's done his time. It's being a club about rebuild, pathways, development and juniors though do the opposite.
1000% agree @Polly Power