Dogs fans petition club to keep Lewis

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have said this before Lewis is like a dumb dog that you can't help liking. He shits in the garden, chew your shoes, dribbles on our lap and humps your leg But he is loyal and you feel a little safer when you are home alone. He is no competition winning half and I think most of his supporters know that but bulldog fans appreciate those who show some heart. I am happy to keep him as a Mounties star and back up when needed if he was happy with that. We have a lot worse players than him running around in first grade.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recall late last year the Prince doing some media saying he's heard from Baz and he's excited to have the opportunity of Baz coming to the Club and when asked on specifics, the Prince replied, yeh Baz said I'm doing some things really well and he's pleased with my progression. Then Baz started work and the Prince has hardly been spotted as Baz was in raptures about signing Flanagan. All that wasted pre season training with Flanagan and Averillo together as the No 1 halves.
The Prince finally gets a chance and brains it with 2 tries, strong defence and some other good stuff. I give Baz credit for keeping the Prince at half this week. I really hope he's given due consideration to try impress for the rest of the year to secure a contract. He's got an X factor about him that's for sure. I don't wanna see him forced out YET. I'd rather we try offload Flano and Wakeham.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 good game fmd back up half at mounties at best

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 good game fmd back up half at mounties at best
One try off a chip kick that if he tries it again ends up in row 7, and a second try that was served up on a platter from an uncharacteristic mistake by the Rorters on their line.

His set-finishing kicks were still up and under nudies with no thought of direction, he still ran out of the line to tackle, leaving defensive holes…

And there’s a petition to sign him to a new contract because he looked like he played better than our two other alternatives that are still under contract and can’t be moved on because they’re too crap for someone to take them early.

We’ve tried the Lewis experiment many times, usually it either just sits there stagnant doing nothing, or it blows up in our face.

It’s a no from me.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There’s a reason no other club has signed him. He played one good game for fuck sake settle down. We played him in the halves for years and he is a constant disappointment. Give me the petition so I can wipe my arse with it

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This reminds me when Lichaa was off contract during his 3 years at the club he didn't show much but before the end of the season he plays two decent games and gets re-signed.

I think Lewis is a Mounties player not a solid First Grader if we want to push for Top 8 or possibly Top 4 finish in the next few seasons we need more quality.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This reminds me when Lichaa was off contract during his 3 years at the club he didn't show much but before the end of the season he plays two decent games and gets re-signed.

I think Lewis is a Mounties player not a solid First Grader if we want to push for Top 8 or possibly Top 4 finish in the next few seasons we need more quality.
But that’s still ok.
A Mounties player who comes up to do a job.
That’s exactly the player I want to be in 2023

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the hell, the fact there are fans like this concern me , we need to get rid of him, get rid of all this deadwood thats made us shit for years, theres a reason Lewis hasnt been in the side, hes simply not good enough!
I wanna keep him he’s good. Same people who hate him will be like he’s good when he wins us a game . This place is like a forum of pms and men’s shark week

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Lewis is a player who could develop into a Dogs legend, given the right opportunity. He needs a good mentor, and better players around him.
In any other team he would be a star, and we'd be whining about another one we let go.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets all lol at some of the comments!

Nathan Malcolm / He is the best half's partner for Burton next year

Pat Hogan / Why let the bloke go he's a great tackler and pretty good when we are in a pinch one of our better performer's

Shane Yeats / Don’t let another one get away so we can regret it for years to come

NOT BEAST MODE - Lord Lachie Lewis has to stay. Stop letting our young halves go !!

Nasheed / I wish they never let Holland go

David Anderson / We need to re sign Lewis ... great player #1 priority

Ben Elson / He is a good player should be our hooker

Fuck me I almost forgot how many dumb asses we had as fans

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think Lewis is a player who could develop into a Dogs legend, given the right opportunity. He needs a good mentor, and better players around him.
In any other team he would be a star, and we'd be whining about another one we let go.
You cant be serious? Dogs legend, gee. He has had 4 years, done nothing under pressure. The only good games he has ever played is when our season is over and there is no pressure on him.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can get rid of Wakeham (who wouldn't be on min wage) and sign Lewis on min wage then its worth it. Otherwise, see ya Lewis.

I find it ridiculous he has one good game and there is a petition to keep him. Where is Atoni's petition? Meaney has had way more better games than Lewis.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well whad'ya know there are opinions outside of TK and what is even more amazing they are different opinions, who woulda thought :fearscream:

Always a Bulldog

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kerrod Holland
Kieran foran
Reimis Smith
B Morris
J Morris
frank pritchard
Dale finucane
Michael Ennis
Damien cook
reed Mahoney
Hokko
Shaun Lane
David Klemmer
Of that list there's probably 5 that I regret us releasing (Morris brothers, Finucane, Ennis, Cook & Mahoney). The rest I'm fine with.