Dogs fan Backgrounds.

Geographically - Your origins are ... ?

• Born Outside Cant/Banks - Moved in from elsewhere in Aust.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
The mix of backgrounds on here never ceases to amaze me ... I'm starting to think the ratio of Arabs to Campbelltown is 1:1 !

Or perhaps it's Campbelltown to Queensland that's more 1:1 ???

I'm gonna throw up a quick poll to see who comes from where .... Pick whichever is the most accurate for you.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been VERY close to being a Canterbury-Bankstown man, but never actually been.

I think my parents may have did it in Canterbury-Bankstown and hence I may have been a tadpole, but that's pretty much it.

I was born and raised in the Parramatta district.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Born outside the area but have been living in the area for the last 17 years or so.

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
Parents lived in the Canterbury Bankstown area for about 5 years before I was born,

But I'm from Parramatta and am glad to have never worn a Eels jersey in my life

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
pretty much lived in the canterbury-bankstown area my whole life

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Nan lived in an orphanage in Enfield as a child. Moved into my great grandmother's (Nanna) and great uncle's house in Greenacre with my grandfather. Mum was born in Lakemba and lived in Greenacre til she was 10. Nan, Pop and Nanna now reside in Rookwood. I sometimes visit them on the way to games. My great uncle now lives in Bateau Bay.

I was born in Port Kembla (Wollongong) and lived in Kiama til I was 19 then moved to Wollongong. Liked the Steelers when I was younger but you know what happened there... Feel close to Nan going for the Doggies now.

Last edited by a moderator:

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
wow. 50% for the final option.

I used to think club supporters are blooded by area or family...

Do people really choose to be a bulldog and if so what were the factors behind the decision?

Me: Born in Canterbury and lived here my whole life (with the exception of moving out a couple of times)

My family were always doggies supporters. But this was not a huge part of family life. My dad and brother would take me to games when I was younger but I was only there for the food. I watched a couple of games here and there and followed with limited interest. 2009 Dogs vs Dragons rd 10, I knew I was a bulldog and that was that I have been obsessed with the game ever since and I know its a long term relationship.

mareeta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Grew up in Stanmore followed Newtown until they got kicked out then my dad decided that Canterbury was going to be his team so I followed, for him it lasted 2 years for me a lifetime.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
wow. 50% for the final option.

I used to think club supporters are blooded by area or family...

Do people really choose to be a bulldog and if so what were the factors behind the decision?
Thing is, my family were born/raised there and very much had an influence on me being a Dogs supporter, even though I was born out of the area.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
For the record ...

Born at Bankstown
Raised in WileyPk until 8.
Moved to C'Town.

Mum born/raised in Bankstown.
Dad born/raised in Bankstown.

All four grandparents were Bankstown residents over 30 years until they died.

Legend has it the great Nanna Jones took my mum (disabled and wheelchair bound after surgeries during 60's) to games so she could 'be out of the house', at a time when there was NO grandstand at Belmore.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
For the record ...

Born at Bankstown
Raised in WileyPk until 8.
Moved to C'Town.

Mum born/raised in Bankstown.
Dad born/raised in Bankstown.

All four grandparents were Bankstown residents over 30 years until they died.

Legend has it the great Nanna Jones took my mum (disabled and wheelchair bound after surgeries during 60's) to games so she could 'be out of the house', at a time when there was NO grandstand at Belmore.
See now it sort of makes sense. If we were to have another poll, I reckon 80% at least would have parents/relatives somehow blood Bulldogs.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
See now it sort of makes sense. If we were to have another poll, I reckon 80% at least would have parents/relatives somehow blood Bulldogs.
I'll add another option and remove votes for the bottom one.

G

Gladiator.

born and bred in b/town untill i was 6, we went to lebanon for 18 months and came back to bankstown

i have lived in 3 areas, bankstown, condell park and now yagoona west (the bankstown borderline is literally a few houses down)

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i was born overseas but most of my family are born in bankstown hospital, except my mum who was born in the now defunct parramatta hospital. thank **** for that.

ive lived in aus since i was 5 months old and for 90% of the time it has been like within 2kms of BSG. Im 25 now, so been in the area for practically that much

hodaa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I basically live right in between Parramatta and Bankstown and have lived here all my life.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
my mum and dad both original from the Canterbury area when they came from lebanon but i was born in the Shire

Status
Not open for further replies.