Dogs, Eagles in Trent warfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
but that kid is not on half a million a year.
Yeah I know, 270k for Hodgkinson or 450k for Cronk, if we had the cash we should make the upgrade I reckon. Its one of the most pivotal positions on the field.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
I'd rather spend the cash on some quality forwards! we need a better pack

YOUNGY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i hope the club has addressed our forward deficiencies for next year if they are serious about bringing hodgkinson to to the doggies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i hope the club has addressed our forward deficiencies for next year if they are serious about bringing hodgkinson to to the doggies.
Tolman and hopefully Blair, I'd say thats a pretty good start.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Best case sceneraio would be to groom Barba into a halfback (which they are currently trying to do), purchase Dugan for fullback and Blair. Patten & Ryan get farewelled and we rebuild to a premiership in 2012. Otherwise Hodgkinson is a must

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
Best case sceneraio would be to groom Barba into a halfback (which they are currently trying to do), purchase Dugan for fullback and Blair. Patten & Ryan get farewelled and we rebuild to a premiership in 2012. Otherwise Hodgkinson is a must
Post of the day! couldn't agree with you more!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not yet sold on Hodkinson.

Dogs management had better be on the money with this guy, or I'll be fuming.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score

True, although anything is better than last years big purchase - Mickey "butterfingers" Pea

S

Squiz Ninja

Doggies should sign him (Hodkinson).

To play for us.

In the NRL (National Rugby League).

Against other teams.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think they are just trying not to leave things to chance.

If we dont get hodgkinson, we will have noddy next year at halfback. Then for 2012 we will be in the exactly same situation. Hoping like hell we can find a good enough junior or buy someone on the free market, desperately.

At least next year we have a backup (noddy). Heres hoping we dont end up with a Joe Williams situation in 2012.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Why would we waste money on Dugan? We got some pretty good wingers/fullbacks coming through! Barba is not a halfback, he couldn't lead a marching band let alone a NRL team! I'm sick of the Bulldogs being linked to every player off contract! Let's bred some of our juniors... Geez, Why do the Bulldogs even bother fielding a harold Mats, SG Ball, Toyota Cup or NSW Cup teams?

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why oh why would we not chase Cooper Cronk instead of this nobody ?
Seriously, some of the decisions being made in the office are very poor !

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a gun young half back. They don't come onto the Market too often. The only concern i have is that wee keep recruiting guys who wish they could have stayed at their old club.

People dont seem to come to the Dogs to advance their careers anymore. They come because salary cap pressures squeeze them out, and because our offer was significantly better. We are the new Roosters
Well said!

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
He's a gun young half back. They don't come onto the Market too often. The only concern i have is that wee keep recruiting guys who wish they could have stayed at their old club.

People dont seem to come to the Dogs to advance their careers anymore. They come because salary cap pressures squeeze them out, and because our offer was significantly better. We are the new Roosters
Sad, but very true.

And it's only going to get worse before it gets better...

bulldogs808

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why would we waste money on Dugan? We got some pretty good wingers/fullbacks coming through! Barba is not a halfback, he couldn't lead a marching band let alone a NRL team! I'm sick of the Bulldogs being linked to every player off contract! Let's bred some of our juniors... Geez, Why do the Bulldogs even bother fielding a harold Mats, SG Ball, Toyota Cup or NSW Cup teams?
mate dugan is going to be the best fullback in the game down the track, the kid is a genius. if we arent going to use barba there he is a good option. he would def come @ a price however i agree in promoting etc but not when this kind of talent is an option

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like a desperate signing.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
We need him badly, gun halfback, mark my words

Status