Official Dogs Decline(NRL 360)

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing, we just keep buying tickets, jerseys and anything with our logo on it and watch our team suck harder year after year.

Us Dogs fans are cucks. We just sit there and watch our team get fucked.
I think Shane flange is going to embarrass us next year dragons will make the 8 a one season turn around while we continue to show no improvement

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah the stadium membership sounds like a good idea you’d get some great benefits I imagine. But your 100% correct these big name signings coming to cellar dwellers like our club arent coming because they want to play for the badge only coming for the pay cheque unfortunately there is no passion or pride.
The bulldogs have become a retirement fund
Yeah, and it started in 2017 when Dib bet on a $10m cap which was actually $9.4m. Foran, Woods etc. I could see what the Andersons tried to do with the likes of Cotric and Thompson but both failed. Then Barrett repeated it all over again with Flange, TPJ, Allan et al.

Which is why I think I see what’s happening. I’m reliably informed Averillo wanted too much to stay and although we would have liked him to stay and tabled an offer, Gus won’t get into bidding wars. The value signings like Sexton, Knight etc are criticised but they’re toilers at least so you’re not throwing a ton of cash at marquee flops. But the issue still remains the lack of available talent made worse by Covid and the 17th team and although I don’t think Gus is Gospel, he’s in a tough spot until the right targets become available and then you’re healthy - talent and money available. Timing and luck play a big part too.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The part about on paper we should be pushing for a top 8 isn’t factual.
It has also been only a few games where we’ve had all our best 17 available. Easy to say that that team are top 8 quality, but even then it’s a stretch.

People don’t want to make excuses based on injuries and to that I say, well let’s just ignore reality aye. Having many of your best players out for substantial periods of the season is going to make it difficult. That’s blatantly obvious. Add to that the fact we don’t exactly have good depth and it’s basically a death sentence. Frankly to have won 7 games is a minor miracle. People say but we had our best team vs Knights. Err yeah with 2 of them just back from being out for most of the season.

The only thing that really disappoints me is the terrible, gutless defensive attitude. At our worst in the past, we may have gotten flogged occasionaly, but not so many games in a season like recent times.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I think Shane flange is going to embarrass us next year dragons will make the 8 a one season turn around while we continue to show no improvement
Saints have abetter roster and a few kids ready. We don't have that. We are going backwards not because of Gus but yrs of neglect and we have a long term plan not win now mentality. Gus isn't going to pay overs for superstars until we have half a dozen Preston style contracts in the team. This yr just hasn't worked out with a few kids not handling the jump to 1dt grade on top of the injuries to our senior guys .

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Before a ball was kicked this year our roster was better on paper. Go look at all the pre season expectations/projections. AFB wasn't a top 5 middle going into the year. They signed a bunch of reject players too.
AFB has been a top line middle for years, that's why he is on a $1m a season.

The Warriors as a whole were held back due to Covid, once back in NZ they were always going to lift. Then add Johnson who has now matured to the NRL half back level.

Always a Bulldog

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why are people ripping into the Original Poster instead of talking about the Original Post?

Those facts are putrid.
Putrid to say the least. Shows we are not improving but getting worse with a changed roster. The missed tackles/ points conceded will be due to fatigue due to lack of possession both due to penalties/ infringements against and errors..
Well at least we are only sixteenth in line breaks conceded and fifteenth overall...yeah could be worse..:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Jonboi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know it’s been said a million times but we will get better, I have faith with Gus.
Mate you can say it til your blue in the face, half the peanuts in here don’t get it, with their adhd they want success right now and to win every game and be the best forever lol.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate you can say it til your blue in the face, half the peanuts in here don’t get it, with their adhd they want success right now and to win every game and be the best forever lol.
Early this season I thought we have really turned the corner till injuries hit us hard, the reserves gave it their all until they got found out...
We should always be optimistic, sometimes it's a fine line between success and failure

Jonboi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Early this season I thought we have really turned the corner till injuries hit us hard, the reserves gave it their all until they got found out...
We should always be optimistic, sometimes it's a fine line between success and failure
I’m willing to let this year finish up as failure and I never had high hopes to be honest it was an experimental year, next year will be more structured and hopefully more stable. Next year won’t be the best but I’m sure improvement will happen.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m willing to let this year finish up as failure and I never had high hopes to be honest it was an experimental year, next year will be more structured and hopefully more stable. Next year won’t be the best but I’m sure improvement will happen.
Always look at the cup half full !
The results doesn't look good on senior levels but Gus & Co are building the club from the foundations up through pathways by reconnecting with football regions from NSW QLD and NZ, that's how Bullfrog did it and would have us doing it now,
This is angering the scum News Ltd as it unfolds before their eyes, it's the reason we are constantly under their attacks.
I am confident Gus will not repeat mistakes of past managements and expect there will be more deadwood gone, saying this it'll leaves us with the NRL's rule that force clubs to spent minimum 95% of the salary cap on ordinary players,
This rule is a blight on the game especially on clubs trying to rebuild with so little genuine talent available !!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Always look at the cup half full !
The results doesn't look good on senior levels but Gus & Co are building the club from the foundations up through pathways by reconnecting with football regions from NSW QLD and NZ, that's how Bullfrog did it and would have us doing it now,
This is angering the scum News Ltd as it unfolds before their eyes, it's the reason we are constantly under their attacks.
I am confident Gus will not repeat mistakes of past managements and expect there will be more deadwood gone, saying this it'll leaves us with the NRL's rule that force clubs to spent minimum 95% of the salary cap on ordinary players,
This rule is a blight on the game especially on clubs trying to rebuild with so little genuine talent available !!!
What is to stop these players in qld just turning these back on the club to ‘stay in qld’ as soon ast the broncos or titans come calling

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What is to stop these players in qld just turning these back on the club to ‘stay in qld’ as soon ast the broncos or titans come calling
So, you think we are better off in this predicament ?
There are no guarantees in life.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So, you think we are better off in this predicament ?
There are no guarantees in life.
I think we should not be anywhere near Brisbane. Look at areas like Darwin in the NT, America, and perhaps regional NSW

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we should not be anywhere near Brisbane. Look at areas like Darwin in the NT, America, and perhaps regional NSW
Better still let's relocate all the Sydney sides to the Simpson Desert to make way for The Gronkos...Fairdinkum :rage:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Myself, i was hoping we would get Shane Flanagan back at the time, he has experience and went well before. A lot of people here though didn't want him to come because they thought it would nail Kyle Flanagan into the half role for life.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That problems been around forever, losing some of your juniors, some of your good talent to other clubs is inevitable whether it’s a Qld team or not, the more successful you become the more it’ll happen, just ask the Panthers, if it’s not Bronco’s or Titans it’ll be Roosters or some other club.

You have to plan for it, that’s why your pathways and development systems are so important, you need a production line of talent and management have to be all over it and wrap the most talented ones up early ..

Also something you chipped someone else about …. learn how to spell !

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a simple game plan,play what’s In Front of you and create chances and take risks,

All this nonsense about meetings and analysis ,why on earth are we complicating things ,it’s not rocket science .

Ciraldo is killing us with players out of position,picking dead shits,and his stupid loyalty to under performers.

His decisions have been the u doing of all these players who are out of form and who are seniors which some are also out of position
Kiraz
Ado Carr
Burton
Mahoney
Max kings
Flanagan
TPJ

Those names and many more their form has gone south so much it’s not funny,it’s the over analysis .
If we played simplified and not dumpdified,we will look like the team that won games at seasons start.

I don’t even recognise the team that has been playing lately. They have been so terrible