Official Dogs Decline(NRL 360)

RefWorld

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hard to argue with some of those points, but what I will say is this, TPJ and Burton was not a Ciraldo or Gould target, this was the former regime.

Gus is not perfect mind you, the Sutton deal was a poor choice imo, RFM tanked badly for reasons unbeknown and Josh Reynolds was a brain fart decision but I think it was designed to create culture and set standards.

Let’s see what the Clubs next play is, I think we’re all anxious in anticipation - if I’m reading between the lines, the next few signings will be 1 & 2 year contracts of experienced players like Jordan McLean, Tariq Sims and Nathan Brown for example.. but who knows??!!
I wasn't aware of the McLean, Brown, Sims potential signings. I'll have to think about that.

But watching Gus on 100% Footy he basically said he wasn't looking at signing players based on talent but more based
on experience and attitude and those guys fit that criteria. Still need time to digest those potential signings...

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My concern is that at the start of this year CC was a new voice, a new idea, a new direction and was making all the right noises around Bulldog history and culture only for the players to not buy in. Why didn't they buy in? Is it a cultural issue with the current playing group? Did the current playing group not want to put in the hard work? Whatever the reasons, the players simply are not playing for each other or the coach.
How do you fix it? This is the question.

RefWorld

Waterboy
Reaction score
My concern is that at the start of this year CC was a new voice, a new idea, a new direction and was making all the right noises around Bulldog history and culture only for the players to not buy in. Why didn't they buy in? Is it a cultural issue with the current playing group? Did the current playing group not want to put in the hard work? Whatever the reasons, the players simply are not playing for each other or the coach.
How do you fix it? This is the question.
Again, watching Gus on 100% Footy he said that they were training them at the level they would train a good team and some of
them can't handle it, some have gone backwards. It was a real FMD moment watching and listening to Gus.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing 5/8 as junior where you are bigger than everyone else is not the same as playing 5/8 in the NRL.
The same as with Schuster. But Schuster has a much higher ceiling. But he needs to get fit and get his act together.

Burton can't kick, apart from a bomb which is becoming less effective over time. He hasn't got a passing game, he's
not a clever player and he doesn't take hold of a game and stand up and lead from the front.

And Burton is no rookie: He's 23 and has played 76 NRL games plus SOO and for Aust.

But you're right as to whether he would have been any better at centre, but he's a better player than he's showing.
He looks disinterested a lot of the time. Don't know what his problem is. He seems to have good life off the field.
Maybe it's just that he needs to be in gun team to play well. At centre.

Whatever his problem is CC needs to get more out of him.
Yep cant really argue with that.

There are not many young halves out there who have a passing game. Alot of them seem to have been bought up on block plays and they dont have much vision.

He did seem to be forming a good combination with JAC last year. Hopefully sanity prevails and JAC gets moved back to the left hand side this week

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn’t op meant to sign out?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 79347

2 things with this one...

That try could have easily been disallowed as Frizella ran a decoy and stopped in the line which caused a ripple in the shift. Good chance if Frizelle wasn't there Kikau would have been closer to Burton and limited Gagai's time. No try all day...

Secondly Burton playing after his wife gave birth in the early hours of the morning needs to be commended. As shit as he played this stuff needs to appreciated as you could imagine the kid was not there mentally and physically but still showed up.
I personally feel if he isn't 100% Burton should not have played.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, watching Gus on 100% Footy he said that they were training them at the level they would train a good team and some of
them can't handle it, some have gone backwards. It was a real FMD moment watching and listening to Gus.
How the fuck do you go backwards in training program...must be shit

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People can hate Buzz but every single thing he said last night was the truth about our club at the moment, whether he is agenda driven or not it's fact at the moment.
No it wasn’t. We did not pay 500k for Karl. Buzz spews shit 24/7

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No it wasn’t. We did not pay 500k for Karl. Buzz spews shit 24/7
It doesn't matter what we played outside the cap. It has nothing to do with our current situation.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personally feel if he isn't 100% Burton should not have played.
Im pretty sure 100% of us were excited to see him in the line-up when we first heard he might not play.

Hindsight.... its a hell of a thing H.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what we played outside the cap. It has nothing to do with our current situation.
Agree. But every clown goes on about it and it is starting to piss me off when Buzz makes it seem like it’s the end of the world that we signed a kid on potential with a fee that is not even the correct figure

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you even watch the segment? Buzz pointed out how woeful our defence was and how we named a full strength side and still got belted. He also pointed out on paper our side should be challenging for the 8.

He said nothing that wasn't factual.

Attitudes like this resemble Gould in a nutshell, smug prick who thinks he's above everyone else. Fans who have this make it even more unbearable.
As long as these fans don't make u sick to your stomach

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RefWorld needs a ban.. talks too much sense for this forum! Hitting the nail on the head.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Next year will be a real test would anticipate tiges and drags to improve on this year based on targeted recruitment and new proven coach respectively. Not sure where our improvement is coming from ??
Dragons for the spoon next year.