Dogs chase Broncos teen sensation

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Broncos have defiantly lost that aura where they bought and kept whoever they wanted and Tbaz does have a knack for hitting his targets so we are with a big chance I think. I'm a bit more open with the the price and it depends on how much they rate him if they are convinced he is the next big thing I wouldn't have a problem paying more.
I agree it’s no big deal hanging around Brisbane anymore
Its become a bit more professional and players are prepared to relocate if it means advancing their careers
These guys would have friends down here and probably mixed in with others over the years
A chance to live in Sydney is not that bad really,better than boring BNE lol

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
500k a year is big money (if they offer him that).

If they are going to take a gamble I would rather prefer a 4-5 year deal at 500k per year, rather than only a 2 year deal, as he will most probably piss off back to Brisbane when the second team comes in after the 2 years

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its become a bit more professional and players are prepared to relocate if it means advancing their careers
These guys would have friends down here and probably mixed in with others over the years
Dont you mean Shitney!
I lived in Shitney for a few years and absolutely hated it.
Im so glad im back in Brisbane!
By the way i grew up in country Nsw.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
500k a year is big money (if they offer him that).

If they are going to take a gamble I would rather prefer a 4-5 year deal at 500k per year, rather than only a 2 year deal, as he will most probably piss off back to Brisbane when the second team comes in after the 2 years
250k a year. 500k deal.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The way this kid is being talked up sadly reminds me of youngsters like Paki Afu and Karl McNicol and Leon Felton once were when they were coming through the lower grades, very scary because we all know how those young kids turned out... they didn’t! The media and player managers need to back off hyping these youngens up before they have made first grade because as we all know these millennials love these smartphones these days and all it does is over inflate their egos and hinder their development when the read stories such as this. Hope this isn’t the case and equally hope we land this kid he sounds good on potential so far.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont you mean Shitney!
I lived in Shitney for a few years and absolutely hated it.
Im so glad im back in Brisbane!
By the way i grew up in country Nsw.
I’m glad you’re happy back in Brisbane
I totally understand that coming from the country

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im from Sydney and now when I go there for work I cant wait to get out of the fuckin place. Your lucky to get a response when you say gday to someone passing them on a footpath. That in a nutshell pretty much sums up Sydney for me. Ill take boring Brisbane anyday.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are one step closer to landing the signature of one of rugby league’s most sought-after young guns in Australian schoolboy Brendan Piakura.

A towering, left edge backrower, Piakura is the teenager who had nine NRL clubs chasing him at the back end of last year but has narrowed the race down to three.

Currently in the Broncos system, Brisbane have offered the tearaway forward a $500,000 two-year deal for next year and 2023 while the Bulldogs are the other major player at the negotiating table.

The Gold Coast Titans, through the influence of Immortal Mal Meninga, remain an outside chance.

Piakura will travel to Sydney this weekend for another meeting with Bulldogs head coach Trent Barrett where the gun forward will tour the club’s Belmore facilities.

Since taking over at Canterbury-Bankstown, Barrett has landed some major recruitment coups signing Nick Cotric, Jack Hetherington, Kyle Flanagan and Corey Allan for this season and then Josh Addo-Carr for 2022.

If the Bulldogs can land Piakura’s signature, it’s a major coup.

Fuck yeah!! Get it done Baz!!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only problem is that you know if they add a Brisbane 2 team. At the end of any contract, they will probably come in and offer a motza for them.
Not to sure about that, the broncos want to be the only team in Brissi, failing that they will do everything that is human possible to keep the 2nd. team as weak as possible.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coogee and Bondi
Its just so expensive to live there plus the weather is shit!
And to top it off your local team is the Rorters and if you like your local paper then that's all there is to read ... mind you it's almost as bad reading about the Sharks & Dragons ... I miss The Torch and The Express and their grand final week liftouts.

Last edited:

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t know about Brisbane..
But I would take Palm Cove in Cairns,over anywhere in Sydney.
Cairns needs a team before greater Brisbane..
Plenty of talent up here,and far enough away from Townsville to have its own nursery

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And to top it off your local team is the Rorters and if you like your local paper then that's all there is to read ... mind you it's almost as bad reading about the Sharks & Dragons ... I miss The Torch and The Express and their grand final week liftouts.
was a good local newspaper the Torch, i grew up in the street directly behind where their premises were in Allingham St.Condell Park.
Bankstown Express was that the other paper you were referring too?

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
The way this kid is being talked up sadly reminds me of youngsters like Paki Afu and Karl McNicol and Leon Felton once were when they were coming through the lower grades, very scary because we all know how those young kids turned out... they didn’t! The media and player managers need to back off hyping these youngens up before they have made first grade because as we all know these millennials love these smartphones these days and all it does is over inflate their egos and hinder their development when the read stories such as this. Hope this isn’t the case and equally hope we land this kid he sounds good on potential so far.
Then again, it could be a bit like the Suali kid with the Rorters........overhyped is always a chance, but he does appear to have a reasonable pedigree, albeit untested. Get in now before the second Brissy team starts recruiting.....it is an investment in the future. The likes of Chris Smith, Britt, Napa and possibly Roumanos probably will not be with us next year. Also the way the rules are being changed, the game is getting quicker and the old style Prop will be discarded for younger more athletic types......less scrums and grunt.....more speed and fitness needed. It is a plan for our ongoing future. Jackson's last year of contract is 23, but he might well retire after 22......would be a good mentor for the young kid.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
was a good local newspaper the Torch, i grew up in the street directly behind where their premises were in Allingham St.Condell Park.
Bankstown Express was that the other paper you were referring too?
That's the one, not as good as the Torch but you would still read very different articles about the Bulldogs across both papers.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know about Brisbane..
But I would take Palm Cove in Cairns,over anywhere in Sydney.
Cairns needs a team before greater Brisbane..
Plenty of talent up here,and far enough away from Townsville to have its own nursery
I just posted that id rather life in cairns then either of those places too!