Dogs can't win without Kimmorley: Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Injured NSW and Cronulla five eighth Trent Barrett has claimed that NRL heavyweights the Bulldogs cannot win the premiership in 2009 without their injured halfback Brett Kimmorley.

Speaking after Friday night’s surprise loss to an energetic Tigers outfit, Barrett described Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore’s job of replacing his injured halfback as one that will be simply too difficult.

“I can’t see them [the Bulldogs] winning the competition without him [Brett Kimmorley],” the former Test star admitted on Bigpond Sports Weekend.

“I thought they were scratchy without Kimmorley. It’s hard to take your most dominant player out of a team and do well.”

Barrett lauded Kimmorley’s influence on the Bulldogs attack, as well as his noted defence.

“He does everything... you take Noddy out and it’s not only his attack but his defence. He generates a lot of line speed for them.

“His kick chase is the best in the competition. He kicks the ball and he makes the next two tackles.”

Making his Origin debut alongside Kimmorley in Game 3 this year, Barrett pin-pointed tough hooker Michael Ennis as the man most likely to be most affected by Kimmorley’s sudden absence.

“[It] puts a lot of pressure on Mick Ennis... he’s the one that is going to have to carry the side over the next 3 weeks.”

Having played alongside temporary Bulldogs halfback Daniel Holsworth, Barrett said the entire team would have to lift to fill the void left by Kimmorley during the final series.

“[Daniel Holsworth] he can do the job for them but it’s going to take a big effort from [Ben] Roberts and Michael Ennis... to share the work load.

“I played with DJ (Daniel Holsworth] at the Dragons and he’s a real confidence player.”

Entering the final series after a comprehensive loss to a team not in the top eight, Daniel Holsworth may not be the only Bulldog who needs a confidence boost if the famous blue and whites hope to make a real play at taking home the title.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...nt-win-without-kimmorley-barrett/default.aspx

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Barrett.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Ahh, you gotta love it though, just like old times. Everyones against us, this is when we play our best footy.

C

chipandchase

everyone knows he is correct, we cant win it without BK.
we might win on Saturday night but we can win the next 3 games without him.
lets just hope we won on Saturday night and hopefully he is back in 3 weeks because we are going to need him.

Strikerdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we are 2 games from the GF lets just see it that way...putting aside last fri night i say we beat the knights at ANZ without him, then one good game and we are there...and pray to god he is back !

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
everyone knows he is correct, we cant win it without BK.
we might win on Saturday night but we can win the next 3 games without him.
lets just hope we won on Saturday night and hopefully he is back in 3 weeks because we are going to need him.
Absolutely spot on.

Still, I don't know why every Tom, D*ck and Harry needs to come out in the media and state the obvious.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
All this talk is making me think we may not see kimmorley this year:(
many are saying he will be back in week 3 of the finals, others if we make the grand final and some that he won't be back at all.:confused:

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
All this talk is making me think we may not see kimmorley this year:(
many are saying he will be back in week 3 of the finals, others if we make the grand final and some that he won't be back at all.:confused:
The players don't need to worry about if and when he will come back. They need to play like he won't be.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I have my concerns that Noddy will be back this year. Gus on the roast said that he doesnt expect Noddy to be back but still we gotta keep that hope. What Barrett says is true, we cant win the comp without our little general but who is going to comment about it next.

Strikerdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
cant win the comp, thats BS... since when did people on this forum give a **** about what gus says ??? Gus also says that we will make the GF and play the dragons... **** i should go put the house on that too.... who would have thought we would beat melb in that game earlier in the year when we were with out injured players etc... let me tell ya by the time u get to the game and get all fired up as a supporter will you be ther saying we cant win, so why do it here !

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Cheers Trent your opinion means so much to me because you know how to win premiersh....oh wait a second, never mind.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
It's also funny that no one actually has the guts to state that Holsdworth can't carry his wait, even though they indirectly are stating this when they say more pressure is on Ennis etc.

Offtopic: Hey who posted that pic of kimmorely half terminator half kimmorley? lol just wondering if someone could link it again.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He's right.

We can't win without Kimmorley, unless a super effort is put in by the entire team. Key word: ENTIRE. We need to see some of that football we saw earlier in the year against the Storm. We annihilated them off the park with Kimmorley off the field.

Just like some have already said in this thread, we need to play like Kimmorley won't be back for the rest of the year. We have worked hard for this, and it would be tragic to bow out now.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Barrett.
Thanks for your constructive feedback Barrett. It is a bit rich coming from one who did not win a Grand Final.

You are such a tool.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure, in some respects he's right, but how many people have to come out and stick their noses in it. Barrett will be watching the finals from his living room, injured or not.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your constructive feedback Barrett. It is a bit rich coming from one who did not win a Grand Final.

You are such a tool.
Hes allowed to have an opinion.

To be honest its hard to pick apart anything he said after we got flogged a few days ago.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Hes allowed to have an opinion.

To be honest its hard to pick apart anything he said after we got flogged a few days ago.
It is not as though we get flogged week in week out. We lose 1 game in every five. Not bad don't you think?

Whilst I respect his opinion, Barrett's performance as a player is open to scrutiny. Just ask his supporters at the Sharks. I can assure they are saying for him to pull his head in.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
just like 04 when we lost price we couldnt win the comp then either

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
What a joke. Can you believe the Sharks wanted him so much, they pinned their hopes on this dud and got rid of Noddy. Lol, just lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.