Dogs broncos - the differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does one start.
1) Outstanding halves who are allowed to play what's in front of them.
2) No fat and slow, sideways running forwards
3) Fitter
4) Extremely well coached. Slick backline movements, halves combining, kicking, passing etc.
5) Everything is executed with speed purpose and accuracy.
6) Ability to read a game on the run and adapt (this goes for players and coach). SKD has a shaky start, so what happens next time the Broncos go down the Roosters end. The put up a bomb to his side and put him under pressure. Hodko and co would have kicked to the other wing.
7) Players are accountable. If they under perform, get out of shape, etc, they get dropped.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh, and Bennett has a game plan.
spot on ..loved how it was 30-12 and cocks had no idea that a field goal was going to be kicked in the next set..

I know this might sound crazy but I think we couldve outplayed the broncos

The cocks are not a smart team , they're fast and they rely a lot on RTS , Graham wouldve known what was going to happen next

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
This season is a bit like scissors paper rock and I think that if it was us vs the horse then we would have done a lot better than the Roosters; our style of play is a lot better than theirs at targeting Brisbane's weaknesses

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
spot on ..loved how it was 30-12 and cocks had no idea that a field goal was going to be kicked in the next set..

I know this might sound crazy but I think we couldve outplayed the broncos

The cocks are not a smart team , they're fast and they rely a lot on RTS , Graham wouldve known what was going to happen next
It's a real shame when you think about it.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
the difference is ben hunt. nothing more or less than that- there was a point not that long ago where he was up for grabs and we did nothing. Put him in our team and we win the comp its that simple.

Malla

Reaction score
They just have more cohesion as a team. Watch the replay of their first try again off the SKD intercept and look at how many players they had chasing the kick. Pretty much their whole team, they were all in a straight line and they were sprinting.

Qdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hasler would of shackled him for sure ! look at the difference Innes played with some freedom !

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are fit very fit and never give up on every tackle/play.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly they must be the fittest team in the comp
their up tempo game and movement of the ball is awesome
very entertaining to watch but they can only execute this because they are a very fit bunch of players. Be net and strength and conditioning coach I applaud u

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone says we have a great pack of forwards but we dont have the right balance and our forwards are not mobile enough......thats why we tire do easily.....too many big boppers......but the most important thing we lack is a quality half.......a quality half will completely change out playing style......we need to steal a player like ben hunt from the broncos......we need to find quality halves.....get rid of reynolds.....and get rid of trex......we need to clear the decks and start recruiting quality players

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the difference is ben hunt. nothing more or less than that- there was a point not that long ago where he was up for grabs and we did nothing. Put him in our team and we win the comp its that simple.

Are you sure? Do you know who plays on the wing for us? His name is Sam perrett!!!

Also we have another flop named tim lafai!!!

Oh and we can't kick fricken goal... But I think hunt is a goal kicker

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Broncos have a great long and short kicking game
2. Forwards are big and tough, but MOBILE
3. Second phase- when an offload occurs the attack clicks into gear
4. Backline stands deep
5. They go forward in numbers, not one out
6. They play Footy AND complete sets at the same time. We can't complete when we play one out.
7. Halves actually control the tempo and direction of play, and they are both quality playmakers with a complete set of skills.

Massive difference between our teams. And they win and entertain at the same time. We need a clean out. Sticky where are you???
And Des said: "Yes, but these are only minor differences that we work on".

These differences between the Broncos and the Bulldogs are so huge that it will take us more than one season to get it right. On paper we've got a a great roster, but the game is played on the field where we have injured, unfit and out of form players who can't hack it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2 major things are kicking game and playing on instinct in attack, fix those 2 and we go a long way

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The 2 major things are kicking game and playing on instinct in attack, fix those 2 and we go a long way
Before last nights game they mentioned how Bennett gives freedom to his players and lets them play their own game, ours cant do that with Des.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before last nights game they mentioned how Bennett gives freedom to his players and lets them play their own game, ours cant do that with Des.
Exactly right and you only have to see the type of trys they score to see alot of them are unstructured and just playing whats in front of them, we have done that only a couple times this yr and scored some good trys, they do it every week. Time to release the shackles off our players des!!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with most but my 2 cents and what I think. We have the grunt up front to get us in good field posession. It's when we are there that worries the shit out of me. They just look lost with no set plays atall. Our tries bar Ronas one Albans cocks were all from broken play.

If we are to be a force this year I don't mind the grinding football and all that. As long as it produces results. We just need to apply more pressure when we are in opossition 20m and get return sets or points. Another major factor is our diceplen. I can always remember giving a 4th/5th tackle penalty.

So basically fix our halves and get more fit are something we should be working on for next year.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe defusing bombs could be another thing. My heart was in my throat everything a bomb went up with our backs.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
4 main differences
1 a coach who doesnt stick to the same style of coaching for the past 10 years, bennett moves with the times
2 their halves run at the line pass late and have a kicking game
3 their forwards run hard fast and straight broncos big men go forwards not side ways
4 when defending the broncos players move up fast stopping off loads and restricting the opposition, our defenders sit back and wait for opposition to run towards them

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And Des said: "Yes, but these are only minor differences that we work on".

These differences between the Broncos and the Bulldogs are so huge that it will take us more than one season to get it right. On paper we've got a a great roster, but the game is played on the field where we have injured, unfit and out of form players who can't hack it.
We actually don't have a great roster is a myth...

Our halves are shit no passing or kicking game
Our winger and centre combo one of worst in comp if kot worst
J morris is a defensive centre.

Our starting front row we have two workers..

We have a top 8 squad but if we manage to make 8 it's not because of the roster I believe it's des.

He pisses me off with not dropping certain players or changing certain things like tolman on the 4th BUT we have made 2 gf in 3 years we just don't have the class to get over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.