dogs bid to save points fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's times like this I feel like camping outside NRL Headquarters at Fox Studios and picketing the NRL office to give us a fair go.

Seriously, the NRL are trying to expand yet love ****ing over our club at any chance.

I wonder how many backhanders Gallop gets from other clubs to "overlook" issues.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i am dissapointed for the team, to lose the points...
but as of the 2nd round of 2009, no other team should ever keep their 2 points if found to have done the same as the bulldogs.
never should any club be treated any different, rules are now rules.

gallop is deadset against the bulldogs, its about time for the good of the game gallop went.

Acorp

Waterboy
Reaction score
How can they justify this.... Farken load of bull**** man.. Im sick of the NRL and david gallop that **** has to go....>:(

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The inconsistency from the NRL, not only in this situation but other unrelated situations is absolutely ludicrous. David Gallop has proven time and time again he does not have the skills to manage this competition and has been running our game into the ground long enough

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Gallop and the NRL Board took this stance because they can. It is plainly clear that they are not held to scrutiny.

In recent weeks, we the RL public and RL teams have been subjected to inept performances by referees. Despite the referee's making a number of mistakes during the game costing teams the match, their errors are picked up post match and yet not reprimanded. Double standards is the common denominator at the NRL.

If I was a major spponsor, not only will I pull out the NRL, I would try and sink the NRL in Sydney by pushing for another team in the AFL or with any fledgling football code.

Gallop and his cohort directors are inept, intellectually bankrupt, devoid of any innovation and are living off the sponsors and supporters. Here is a case of whereby the product, Rugby League, is arbitrated by reckless individuals whose only intent is to live off the trough, demand more from sponsors and live off the players who sacrifice a lot to play the game.

This decision coupled with their pandering when it suits them is making other football codes a better alternative.

Gallop will never be remebered in the same vain like past RL greats. He will be remembered by the contempt shown by fans when officiating events, decisions that destroy the fabric of the game, ineptutude and lack luster leadership displayed during his tenure.

Gallop has presided over numerous indiscretions, yet is still there managing the NRL.

It is time for him to resign and leave the code altogether.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If it was Manly, or Melbourne or Brisbane or Roosters they'd still have the points and it wouldn't have even gone this far.

The NRL hate the Bulldogs and I have no idea why but it's becomming far beyond a ****ing joke now.

QUESTION: Gallop has never played RL has he? Hasn't he always just been a lawyer?

It's about time the NRL was ran by a group of PLAYERS.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
STUFF the appeal

Stuff the appeal, just deal with it, cop it on the chin and use it to fire us up for the rest of the season!

All my mates been giving me **** about loosing the points, but i just turn to them and say the Dogs will still dominate and this will just make us play even harder!

Comon Dogs, this weekend we will know where we stand!

Spot

Waterboy
Reaction score
This was a fairly predictable decision. Gallop thinks being a strong leader is being tough with certain clubs. Just for you Gallop you jelly livered spineless worm, a strong leader makes decisions that are in the interest of the game and doesn't pander to the whims of newspapers or fellow directors who happen to own the Sydney Rorters. Piss Off Gallop and let someone with a backbone run the game.

viking63

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
Reaction score
Dogs now need to focus more and more on Sunday's game V The Sharks a lost would see us in trouble, the players need the forget about what happen two weeks ago and let the Dogs officals worry about appealing it took the Brisbane Broncos nearly 2 months to get their points back in 2004. They really need to improve on last weeks preformance.

viking63

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
Reaction score
Does the NRL stand for the National Roosters League

H

Haztrick.

Correct decision.

We did the wrong thing, we broke the rules. Lets just cop it on the chin and move on. We are only 3 rounds into a very long season. Plenty of time to prove ourselves as contenders for the title. We dont need these measly two points!

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
thazt 2 points could prove costly - a top 4 or top 8 finish...broncos got their points back - we should give the appeal a good hard crack....

Chris.P

I'm a Manager
Reaction score
Correct decision.

We did the wrong thing, we broke the rules. Lets just cop it on the chin and move on. We are only 3 rounds into a very long season. Plenty of time to prove ourselves as contenders for the title. We dont need these measly two points!
It was a mistake that had no bearing on the final result. Panthers were on the ropes

I think some people might think differently if Dogs won by more

H

Haztrick.

It was a mistake that had no bearing on the final result. Panthers were on the ropes

I think some people might think differently if Dogs won by more
True, but regardless of how long he was on there for or if he was involved wit the final try or not, he was on the field.

We had 14 players on the field. That alone should be enough. Also, we scored teh match winning try while he was on the field.

We lose 2 points and move on.

Chris.P

I'm a Manager
Reaction score
True, but regardless of how long he was on there for or if he was involved wit the final try or not, he was on the field.

We had 14 players on the field. That alone should be enough. Also, we scored teh match winning try while he was on the field.

A fine is sufficient.

ps enjoy your time on here while it lasts

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Not overly surprised with the result of the first avenue of appeal. I had a feeling we wouldn't get the points back..

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
lol, I should put in a word. I have a connection with Sir Laurence Street. :p

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rules have been changed now since the broncos fielded 14 men to cover there arse

BullWinkle

Waterboy
Reaction score

Regardless of if we scored or not, precedents have been set, whether from the kick off or the last play...legally we've been dealt a hard one. If this happens ta team 0-40 down do what do they lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.