Dogs @ $3.25 for Top 8 spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
it doesn't matter what the odds were we're not gonna win. top 8 is more realistic.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
tbh anyone who puts good money on winning the premiership is an idiot. The chances of a team winning a premiership is so low and unpredictable regardless of how good the theoretical injury free 1st choice squad is. No one can have a good prediction one year out who will win cause really one injury to a key player can kill your chances and injuries aren't all that rare in league.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
hey guyz i just put 10 grand on the dogs to make the 8 at 200-1 odds
and 50 grand on the dogs to win the comp at 1000-1 odds

you gotta believe it cause i've typed it.. just like these other tossers
lol

K

KL

tbh anyone who puts good money on winning the premiership is an idiot. The chances of a team winning a premiership is so low and unpredictable regardless of how good the theoretical injury free 1st choice squad is. No one can have a good prediction one year out who will win cause really one injury to a key player can kill your chances and injuries aren't all that rare in league.
that's why it is called gambling you halfwit

K

KL

hey guyz i just put 10 grand on the dogs to make the 8 at 200-1 odds
and 50 grand on the dogs to win the comp at 1000-1 odds

you gotta believe it cause i've typed it.. Just like these other tossers
rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^
^

So true.

Who would of thought at the end of 2008, the raiders came 6th?

Their easily the most under-rated and least spoken about team in the comp IMO.

I did...I backed the Raiders to make the 8 @ $6.25 at the start of February last year. They win more games at home than a lot of sides while we don't have that kind of record at home.

Odds are okay without being "Must throw a bucketload on them"

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...thats why its called "Gambling" and not "winning". Guess you could say the same about every horse race but hey people still bet and people still win :grinning:

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
LOL...thats why its called "Gambling" and not "winning". Guess you could say the same about every horse race but hey people still bet and people still win :grinning:
Fair enough mate, I just mean betting on the premiership winners is not worth it, betting on top 8 though, it's a great bet $3.25 and theoretically it's a 50 50 chance.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough mate, I just mean betting on the premiership winners is not worth it, betting on top 8 though, it's a great bet $3.25 and theoretically it's a 50 50 chance.
It depends on how you look at it Kimlo. They maybe a 50/50 chance in your eyes but what about the teams that are a better shot at it then us ? Do they have a 50/50 chance ? Do you think Manly are a 50/50 chance of making the 8 ? Melbourne ? There are about 3-5 sides which are absolute certainties to make the 8. That leaves 3-5 other spots for another 10-13 teams to fight out. Thats not 50/50 (theoretically ;) )which is why we are $3.25 and not $1.90 (50/50 in betting terms) :grinning:

Its all about the odds mate and not just about the Dogs but you have to involve the other teams when weighing those up. Its a numbers game :grinning:

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Wests Tigers 2005 - $151 to win the comp with (roughly) 8 rounds to go, coming off two straight losses !!!

Have never forgotten that !

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Wests Tigers 2005 - $151 to win the comp with (roughly) 8 rounds to go, coming off two straight losses !!!

Have never forgotten that !
Neither have I. Didnt some guy win a cool Mil. for betting Wests/Swans to be premiers that year?

Anyway I went down to the local TAB y'day and put a hundred of my hard earned down. Caaaaaaaaarn the dogs!!!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Think of it this way - You need 12 wins to make the eight ..... IS $3.25 overs for us winning 12 this year with our squad ????

Kn'Oath it is !!!!!

K

kennyy

1/16 chance, take away the pretender teams and you're still an idiot kimlo

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I put 1k on the dogs to win the cup in 09 back in 1980 at odds of $601.00

MILF

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
seems like a good bet to me . i think we can expect the eight with the players we have bought and the troublemakers we have let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.