No Source Doggies to pick up a St Merge Centre

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If this happens (which I don't think it will)
Then it's a great signing. Always rated aitken since he debuted, he'd be a great signing
He'd be decent due to the fact that his leg drive and strength could score us a try every now and then... however I'd rather a more creative centre. but alas anything is an upgrade on what we have so I won't complain

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we dont get someone decent just wait to get someone decent

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all dependable on other teams and players. I predict this scenario...
Tim Mannah to Tigers
Martin to Eels
Bulldogs new signing before June 30

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone seriously believe that the Dragons have said you can have your pick of our 3 centres....

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be martin or rfm for aitken. They need a backrower for jack debellend, and we need whatever they will give us.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont see us getting Lomax, but Aitken dont forget was close to getting a Blues jumper at one point and is triple the quality we currently have at centre at the moment.

Lafai would be nice for nostalgic reasons, but I'm starting to think he's getting past it.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until we lose a player in the top 30 we won’t sign anyone before the 30th.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is all dependable on other teams and players. I predict this scenario...
Tim Mannah to Tigers
Martin to Eels
Bulldogs new signing before June 30
I am more so thinking one of the Tigers boys will end up at Parramatta.

Think about it. Mannah wants to leave to the Tigers, because he believes he has better odds of securing a contract of next year there, despite the huge competition for places. My bet is, he is going there because he has assurances that if they can offload 1 or both of Matulino and Packer, then he (being Mannah) can be signed on again for the 2020 season. My guess is, Madge wants some experience and quality blokes teaching the young talented forwards they have coming through.

So effectively a swap deal. If anything, I still foresee us losing a player (a second rower) before June 30 - we have too many competition for places there and its battle of the shittest c.unts at the moment.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's so many possible scenarios. Just got to wait and see how things work out.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any of their 3 centres would be an upgrade.

Lafai would be okay provided we signed Blake on the other edge.

1. DWZ
2. Hopoate
3. Blake
4. Lafai
5. Smith

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put yourselves in Lomax's shoes fellas. You're a talented young player who lots of clubs would be after, why would he want to choose our club over others? We're coming last, have the worst coach in the comp and play a horrible brand of footy with an average roster. Unless we offer more for players or give them a spot they couldn't get elsewhere, they're not going to be too excited about joining.

It's up to the club to get a new coach so that selling the club to recruits is an easier task.
But then we signed Dallin

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love Lafai back. A gun on his day and would play in his preferred left centre spot. I cannot SEE the dragons letting go Lomax go.

I think Martin to go to the Eels or Dragons and will get Aiken lol. RFM has played two full games and you wouldn't do that with a player on the outer.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But then we signed Dallin
All I'm saying is I understand why a player wouldn't want to join us. Not many people would at this point. It's up to the club to fire the coach to make it more attractive to other prospective signings.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We wont take Lafai nor would he want to come back. It will be aitken we get. He was rumoured to be on the outer last year so that would be my guess.