No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clearly Hunt has been tapped up by one club as he wouldn't have asked for a release if he wasn't 100% on where to go.

People saying moving states is no big deal, but can't see it mid-year personally. Just too many moving parts it simply doesn't make sense. Of course I could be wrong ...

I'm going to say he's nailed on for the Dogs. A madman if he comes over to our trainwreck of a roster atm, though maybe he sees more promise especially when it comes to future recruits?

I mean, we've already picked up some top players I don't think that can be doubted.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Clearly Hunt has been tapped up by one club as he wouldn't have asked for a release if he wasn't 100% on where to go.

People saying moving states is no big deal, but can't see it mid-year personally. Just too many moving parts it simply doesn't make sense. Of course I could be wrong ...

I'm going to say he's nailed on for the Dogs. A madman if he comes over to our trainwreck of a roster atm, though maybe he sees more promise especially when it comes to future recruits?

I mean, we've already picked up some top players I don't think that can be doubted.
If we get Hunt we're a marquee middle away at full strength from being competitive against anyone. I think Gus would be selling that to Hunt.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong, sounds like Brooks is signed with Dogs based on Gus’ comments on 100% footy. Nobody has any idea outside or Gus lol just gonna have to wait and see.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I doubt Gus would mention Hunt if the Dogs were talking to him, if they had a chance of getting him.

Or Gus is putting everyone off the scent.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Roosters new favourites….surprise surprise. Uncle Nick will pay his contract out to save face in light of the Roosters rubble. How the chooks get away with this rubbish is fkn ridiculous.

Roosters will say Lodge money goes to Hunt for remainder of the season because Lodge all of a sudden was paid “big bucks”…you know, Origin star half money it seems.

That’s why everyone hates those pri<ks, not only do they buy themselves out of their sh!tshow, they “bend the rules” in the process.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt Gus would mention Hunt if the Dogs were talking to him, if they had a chance of getting him.

Or Gus is putting everyone off the scent.
It's like Gus mentioned Brooks and that Brooks has already signed (with a club) to get attention off him and Hunt lol

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters new favourites….surprise surprise. Uncle Nick will pay his contract out to save face in light of the Roosters rubble. How the chooks get away with this rubbish is fkn ridiculous.

Roosters will say Lodge money goes to Hunt for remainder of the season because Lodge all of a sudden was paid “big bucks”…you know, Origin star half money it seems.

That’s why everyone hates those pri<ks, not only do they buy themselves out of their sh!tshow, they “bend the rules” in the process.
Can we trade Gus for Uncle Nick.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
could be Brooks to Cows, Townsend to Dogs. Could be Hunt to dogs, Kyle to Dragons. Gus certainly knows something, and whatever that is it is locked in. He was a little smug...

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gustavo is usually a few steps ahead of the media, hopefully something positive brewing.
Yep. I hate to be the one trying to read between the lines, but Gus leaves us no other choice lol.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Are we really any chance if the Roosters are interested?

Time will tell, but uncle Nick will most probs get his way.. again

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hunt is a game changer but I’m not sure we are the right fit for him at this stage in his career. Unless he just wants out of the dragons, a bit more cash and wants to stay where he and is family is living.