Does anyone have any Ideas?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no clue how this gets fixed.
each year it feels like its gotten progressivley worse than the previous year since we last made the GF.
Serious options please, not a vent thread about players/coach.
Two ways to deal with this season.
1) use your imagination and pretend you're watching the bulldogs in different jersey when you see the riff, chooks and melbourne play
2) watch highlights of the glory days of Turvey and Baa and pretend you're in the 80's.
A few bottles of Sapporo, Kirin or Squire helps as well.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have no clue how this gets fixed.
each year it feels like its gotten progressively worse than the previous year since we last made the GF.
Serious options please, not a vent thread about players/coach.
Desperate times call for desperate measures - hypnotise each of them with their own specific instructions.

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Learn to like AFL and support the swans. Lol
I follow the swans just as much as i do the dogs. And damm their juniors that come through are always top shelf and ready for seniors almost instantly.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is a very simple solution, stop giving 6 again restarts , start pushing in attack, add some variation on the line - 2nd phase , aggressive line speed , complete your sets and fix our shape in attack!
How do they stop the re-starts when they don't know what they are for? Why aren't other teams being scrutinised like we are?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really hate the "next week" team posts but here goes anyway... (hopefully players I've selected are even available)

1. Meaney
2. Dwz
3. Hoppa
4. Allen
5. Cotric
6. Lewis
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Katoa
10. Hetherington
11. Elliott
12. Doorey
13. Jackson

14. Topine
15. Atoni
16. Ogden
17. Napa

That's all we can do next week but I've got some ideas of what to do from there..
Lewis & Meaney will be out

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think I was generous at the start of the season saying we had the ~12th best fullback. Laurie, Kennedy and Dufty all blitzing what we got. We still have one of, if not the worst, fullbacks in the NRL (Allan or Meaney, take your pick). There are a lot of good fullbacks in the NRL and every serious team has a good one. You can apply this to all the spine positions, it's close to the same for all of them.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Need to start with Deitz and maybe Ava or at least have Ava on the bench They're both in the 30 now. Play with no set structure in attack. Eyes up quick play the balls only. Let the boys have fun with the ball. Remind many they are playing for their careers. Show us what you got.

Have some f..king pride in defence. For a while there Pay had us one of the best defensive teams in the comp even though we were shit in attack. Drop the f..kers missing tackles leading to tries.

Napa is a waste of space. Drop him out of the 17 FFS. Hopa too. Drop someone else out of the 30 and bring in Scoupp. Can't we replace Crichton since he's out for the season ?
when did Deitz get elevated?

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I had an idea but I'm not going to say cause I'm shy

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
We desperately need some luck to go our way, losing Lewis 10 minutes in killed us.

Best sign today was that some of our forwards aimed up.

It doesn't get easier against the Storm, but we need to put some points on for confidence.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Attack me all you want but we should keep a option of enticing israel folau or even players like kyle turner to the dogs
Folau yes, but Turner hasn't played since 2019

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Throw out the playbook and pick players in their correct positions. Move floppa to the wing or reserve grade. Cotric to the wing. Promote two fresh centres who can tackle and run hard. Tell the forwards to offload and backs to push up in support. Play a genuine fullback in his position, not corey allan who is a centre or winger.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Two ways to deal with this season.
1) use your imagination and pretend you're watching the bulldogs in different jersey when you see the riff, chooks and melbourne play
2) watch highlights of the glory days of Turvey and Baa and pretend you're in the 80's.
A few bottles of Sapporo, Kirin or Squire helps as well.
I'm going through my collection of games from 1966 onwards.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've already brought up the limo, hookers and coke suggestion but there weren't many takers for some reason?