• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After Steve Folkes 10 years and,
Chris Anderson 7 years,
Des is the third longest serving coach of the Bulldogs.

Both Folkes and Anderson were given plenty of time to win a GF.
Des got us into two Grand Finals in his 5 year tenure.
But in 2015 and 2016 we scraped into the finals and were bundled out fast.
Do you want Des to continue coaching?

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i want to see him change his style first before we give him the boot

I think we are very reluctant to fire him because of how much we have invested into him with the training ethnology and programs etc

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I didn't want him to coach us in 2016 let alone 2017. Under Folkes and Anderson you could see us improving by the year and building towards a title. Under Hasler we're getting worse by the year.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As others mentioned before, I think we need Kevin Walters, someone who understands the hard nut no die attitude, he would understand that been a QLDer (how many times did they always comeback and score a try in the dying minutes/seconds) that's what we had and we've lost that attitude!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
After Steve Folkes 10 years and,
Chris Anderson 7 years,
Des is the third longest serving coach of the Bulldogs.

Both Folkes and Anderson were given plenty of time to win a GF.
Des got us into two Grand Finals in his 5 year tenure.
But in 2015 and 2016 we scraped into the finals and were bundled out fast.
Do you want Des to continue coaching?
No.

Folkes was given some leeway due to cap problems, he too should have been sacked after 2006 capitulation.

We made two grand finals that we didn't look like winning from the opening whistle.

Toovey took Manly to a grand final in his second year and got sacked.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way!
For his stubbornness and for draining the natural talent out of players. Oh and most importantly he is not a bulldog and never looks like he will be.
End of story!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As others mentioned before, I think we need Kevin Walters, someone who understands the hard nut no die attitude, he would understand that been a QLDer (how many times did they always comeback and score a try in the dying minutes/seconds) that's what we had and we've lost that attitude!
Why would you want a coach tho proven track record coaching the NRL lol hope you are not basing your thoughts on his success this year in SOO?? he was handed a team which is probably the greatest RL team in the history of RL and he wins the series for the first time.......... nice Guy, I agree but to replace the mighty Des.....I don't think so.
Its like the knob we have a as a coach coaching the NSW RL team at the moment, no experience coaching in the NRL coz I doubt very much if he would be any good anyhow IMO.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he is the main reason for us getting Foran then yes. If Foran would come anyway then no, and if we dont get Foran at all then no.

We wouldnt play the same style with Foran if he came, and even if we did Foran would do it a MILLION times better.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No. Based on his track record if he changes the style next year he'll stick with that for years and won't evolve again.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Why would you want a coach tho proven track record coaching the NRL lol hope you are not basing your thoughts on his success this year in SOO?? he was handed a team which is probably the greatest RL team in the history of RL and he wins the series for the first time.......... nice Guy, I agree but to replace the mighty Des.....I don't think so.
Its like the knob we have a as a coach coaching the NSW RL team at the moment, no experience coaching in the NRL coz I doubt very much if he would be any good anyhow IMO.
What's with the love for des??????
Did you watch any games since 2013?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasler has presented a myriad of problems.
He cannot attract quality players. They dont want to play for him.
He has never improved a player.
He has never had a game plan.
He has spent millions on equipment to no avail.
His arrogance is staggering.
He will not demote players.
He will not give promising players opportunity.
Basicilly, by Bulldogs standards, he is a failure.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not based on his coaching the SOO... But the era he played in and the attitude of those qld teams had. Being a rookie coach isn't an issue, look at the past 3 grandfinal winning coaches, they all started out as rookies with their respective teams.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so torn on this...

A part of me is saying straight out no, because I know he can be stubborn and won't change. Also, I'm so upset seeing Finucane, Tapau, Cook & Sezer in other teams + Rona leaving (although in fairness Rona probably wasn't his fault).

Then....

Does it mean we can get a cleaned up Foran? If yes you just can't afford to miss that opportunity. As for match fixing and who is involved, we don't know anything yet. If he made some positional changes and changed our style and adapted, maybe there's hope, but that's a big fucking IF. Also who else is out there.

If we end up with Reynolds M'Bye Liccha as 6,7,9 then PISS OFF now!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Without a suitable candidate to replace him, then no point sacking Des.

Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.